14,605Views, 14 today
- 2,262Downloads, 0 today
Get Embed Code
Level 36 : Artisan Modder
Posted 12/29/11 12:19:38 pm , last updated: 01/08/12 1:52:59 pm
Blocks destroyed by mod (updated every 2 minutes):
Sorry about the downtime of the destruction tracker, host was having issues with servers. V1r0 got us to about 540 million blocks destroyed, V2r1 will start reporting to yofreke.heliohost.org. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Notice: ONLY V2r1 will continue being tracked. Previous versions no longer are supported.
What it does
This mod enables users with less than superior computers to completely destroy their Minecraft maps without seeing "Out of memory!". 'BUT WAIT! My computer never runs out of memory', well this mod will allow you to make explosions the size of ten thousand suns!
More in depth
This mod allows for Minecraft to generate insanely huge explosions by taking an explosion 'in steps'. To keep from running out of ram and keep java from locking up it employs a few tactics:
- Check for duplicate entries
- Store entries to compressed temporary file to free ram space
- Unload chunks when nessisary
- Only spend a predefined amount of time per tick
These (as well as other optimizations) allow for a computer like my laptop to process an explosion of 500 magnitude (TNT = 4), over a period of 25 minutes.
BigExplosions V1r0 MCv1.0.0.zip - adcraft
These are a few tectonicus renders here (although the server is my laptop, therefore it may only be up at certain times during the day):
Please do not whine if you blow up your favorite map. This is not my fault. Also do not copy the mod or host the files elsewhere without my permission. Thanks.
Known bugs (V2r1)
- rare bug where explosion seems to undo itself
- random crashes throughout explosion. They do not always occur, but CAN occur at any time. This version is much faster, but less stable than the last. Hopefully that will be fixed up soon!
Known bugs (V1r0)
- input not validated on reduction of fuse
- possible bug: parts of explosion seem cut when going upwards
- super large explosions take approximately FOREVER to complete. needs more fast.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.0|
|Tags:||Functional, Explosions, TNT, Destruction, Sexypants, Bomb, Nuke|
V2r1 Changes : 01/08/2012 1:52:59 pm1/08/12
THIS IS A MANDATORY UPDATE! If you wish to have your destruction added to the total, you will need to update to this version.
Join us to post comments.