Find Your Friends in Minecraft - chat with friends, one-click join friends on any server, share images. 1.6.2 COMPATIBLE!
Get Embed Codes
Level 50 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger
Installation (requires Minecraft and Forge installed):
1) Click 'Download Mod' above (video on installing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpTWBmZgAQ)
2) Unzip and double click the friendsforminecraftinstaller.jar file in the 'FFM_1_6_2_Installer' Folder (or manually install by visiting http://download.friendsforminecraft.com/)
3) Click 'install' to install FriendsForMinecraft on PC/Mac
- your minecraft bin folder will be backed up for you
- Pre Minecraft 1.6, Forge will be installed for you if you already don't have it installed
- Minecraft 1.6 and later, you need to install Forge on your own, and then run Minecraft with the 'Forge' profile after you install the FFM client mod.
4) Launch Minecraft, login, choose Multiplayer or SinglePlayer and start a game (if you are using Minecraft 1.6 or later, then make sure you use the 'Forge' profile before clicking 'Play' button in Minecraft launcher.
5) Register with FriendsForMinecraft (you do not need to the same password as you use with Minecraft, or you can, we never see your Minecraft password EVER, we store your FriendsForMinecraft encrypted so even the developers can't get access to it)
6) Hit the 'm' key to bring up the FriendsForMinecraft UI
Things to do / getting started:
1) Friends - Search for your Friends in the Friends View and Follow them. Or invite them if they are not already an FriendsForMinecraft member. One-click to join any friend on any server. Here is an article on HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS IN MINECRAFT.
2) Servers - Go browse the most popular servers, new servers, most visited servers, your favorite servers, servers your friends are on, one-click to join any server. 'Like' your favorite servers.
3) Chat - Go to Mailchest, send a message to any of your friends (they must be following you too... this prevents spamming)
4) Images - During gameplay 'F4' to capture any image. Give it a good title. Click the link to the image to open up the image viewer and see everyone's pics. Like / comment on pics! Within the main FFM UI (hit 'm' anytime) you can click on 'Images' button to see your pics. Or, while view any user's profile in Friends View, click on 'Images' button to see all of their images.
5) Take Me There! - While viewing any image or server in the FriendsForMinecraft iOS, Android or web client (http://ffmpic.com) you can click on "Take Me There!" and you will be transported in-game to that server.
FriendsForMinecraft is a service that makes it easy to find when your Minecraft friends are online and share cool places with them...like images, best servers, cool places, etc.
- See when your friends are online
- Find out what Minecraft servers your friends are playing on, and then one-click join them
- Share Minecraft screenshots with your friends and the rest of the world
- Find out the best Minecraft servers to play on, newest, most liked, most visited, your favorites, etc.
- Send messages to Minecraft friends no matter what server they are playing on
- Vote on the best servers, worlds and images (sneak peak at: http://ffmpic.com)
The attached file is a one-click installer that works on Windows and on Mac.
When installed, the FriendsForMinecraft client mod is fully integrated with Minecraft so you can easily join your friends on servers and chat with them across servers at any time. You can also browse newly discovered servers, trending servers, most popular servers, most visited servers, etc... and just one-click join.
See http://www.friendsforminecraft.com for a complete tour of the FriendsForMinecraft service and all of the available ways we give you to find your friends on Minecraft, see when they are online and what servers they are on, chat with them at any time, share images and MUCH more!
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.6.2|
|Tags:||Friends, Friends4MC, FriendsForMinecraft, Images, Servers, Chat, Messaging, Messages, Followers, Following, Voting, Like, Social, Functional|
Update #21 : 07/26/2013 1:05:01 pm7/26/13
A bit of a change to the install process.
With Minecraft 1.6.2 installed, you install Forge on your own either before or after you run the FriendsForMinecraft (FFM) installer.
From the new Minecraft launcher, you choose the 'Forge' profile and then play Minecraft. Then just register/login to FriendsForMinecraft once you are in a single-player or multi-player world.
1.5.2 support! : 05/03/2013 11:05:54 am5/03/13
Massive list of fixes / updates to mod client : 04/21/2013 4:41:28 pm4/21/13
-FFM version in F3 debug panel
-Screenshot folder fix
-Fixed Sign Up bug
-New activities badge on FFM overlay icon and Friends button
-Fixed random FFM gui appearing after failure on connection to server using take me there feature
-Now FFM is independent of Minecraft version and it will work on 1.5.2, etc without updates
-Lost of bug fixes
-Now you can click activites in list and FFM will bring you to user/server/picture/message (according to the type of activity you clicked)
-Fixed "Save" button near MOTD text field (on main screen)
-Fixed button tooltips
-"Add to favorite" button will be inactive if server is in favorites list already
-Friends gui crash fix
-Now avatars and badges images are much faster
-Friends and followers lists don't overload server
Major update to installer. : 04/21/2013 3:40:08 pm4/21/13
This installer fixes some crashes.
Minecraft 1.5 support! : 03/14/2013 2:52:32 am3/14/13
Android app released! : 03/07/2013 12:05:46 pm3/07/13
Major Mod Update : 03/02/2013 10:25:00 am3/02/13
- Activity News Feed in the friend view
- Localized for Russia!
- Redesigned friends and followers list
- Time in notifications
- Added time to activities list
- added online status and last_server (with join ability) to suggestions list
- Tooltips! Nice and helpful tooltips
- Fixed conflicts with Optifine
- Adding to favorites works only one time for every server now
- Rewrote big part of messaging system, now it completely realtime
- Added avatars to suggestions list
- Added Images buttons to suggestions list
Don't forget to check out everyone's pics at http://ffmpic.com
Pssst...Android users! : 02/22/2013 5:55:10 pm2/22/13
Android version is just around the corner.
New Feature Details. : 02/09/2013 4:55:33 pm2/09/13
New Features! : 02/08/2013 7:31:29 pm2/08/13
- Badges!: Get achievements for doing all sorts of stuff in FriendsForMinecraft. This was a favorite requested feature... you asked... it's delivered!
- Avatars!: Everyone was asking to see the avatars that were seen on http://ffmpic.com...well, now they are in the mod client too.... yes, later you will be able to change the avatar... just not yet...
- Stability: Lots and lots of bug fixes....
How do you install? Well...if you are already using the FriendsForMinecraft mod client, then it self-updates (how friggin cool is that?)... if you don't have FFM installed any more (shame on you) then just reinstall by downloading the installer from the link on www.friendsforminecraft.com
OH.... and a new iOS client update was just released in the iTunes store yesterday too... go check it out! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/friends4mc-free/id570366688?ls=1&mt=8
Update #10 : 01/16/2013 9:27:37 pm1/16/13
Fixed Installer to work with Windows : 12/20/2012 7:26:15 pm12/20/12
That has been fixed. You can download the installer here at PMC by clicking 'Download' or by downloading this file:
Windows Users - Installer Issues : 12/20/2012 7:04:20 pm12/20/12
Windows Users: Try installing Forge manually first and then run the FriendsForMinecraft installer.
Or, install everything manually following these instructions (though once you get Forge installed, you can just run the FriendsForMinecraft installer and it will work):
1.4.6 compatible! : 12/20/2012 5:52:41 pm12/20/12
Or, direct download from http://www.friendsforminecraft.com
New installer : 12/19/2012 11:51:58 am12/19/12
If you want to keep the FriendsForMinecraft client mod installed, don't update to Minecraft 1.4.6 until I release a new FriendsForMinecraft client mod... which should be the same day that Minecraft 1.4.6 becomes available.
Build #84 released! : 12/12/2012 8:27:57 pm12/12/12
-Fixed auto-scroll in servers ui when you repoll all servers
-Friends gui looks like server ui now (with tabs)
-Messaging GUI is cleaned up a bunch
-Pagination in messages view
-Save any server to your local Minecraft multiplayer list
Build #83 - New Features! : 12/11/2012 2:18:51 am12/11/12
- Forgot Password: How you guys were forgetting your password within 2 hours of registering your account is beyond me... but... now there is a 'Forgot' password feature that is working from the Friends4MC iOS app and the client mod. Web client coming soon.
- Email Love & Hate: Control whether you get email for each friend message, each image comment, each user that follows you... some of you love email, some of you hate it... so we allows you to config it now
- Overlays Love & Hate: Same deal... some love.. .some hate the FFM and Camera overlays... so we allows you to enable / disable them
- Who are my followers? Followers list (iPhone, mod, web client)
- http://ffmpic.com - The image browser... now has a featured category for all the best images (according to me of course), pagination so you can scroll through the thousands of images, your list of followers / you list of following, Twitter and Reddit share links... lots more coming soon
- Badges! - badges are starting to trickle in for some active users... you can only see these on the Friends4MC iOS client (which is FREE).... other clients (mod and web) will be support soon!
- Simplified Friend Search - lots of feedback on finding friends... took your feedback and cleared up some of the confusing areas.
- Friends pagination - some of you are racking up a huge list of followers and people you are following... so added pagination in the mod client so you can scroll through all of your 'friends'. :-)
- Clean up that Server List UI! - ok... took a pass at making the Server List UI look better.... more work to be done here... but it's getting there
- Lots o' bug fixes... this mod was already very stable at launch one week ago... now it's wicked stable
Lots more coming before the weekend!
Just Hit #1 Featured Spot in the AppStore! : 12/09/2012 4:44:47 pm12/09/12
minecraftforums.net review... great read! : 12/07/2012 6:59:46 pm12/07/12
iPhone App now in iTunes App Store : 12/06/2012 12:18:42 pm12/06/12
One known gotcha that I'm too tired to fix until tomorrow is around spaces in your username... just don't do it today... wait until tomorrow until I fix the server.... it can wait. Again.. PM me if you get stuck.