Get Embed Code
Level 52 : Grandmaster Modder
Little update: Version b0.4 for MC1.7.2 available via curseforge here. Please consider visiting the forum thread for more information on the latest update, since this page will be updated later.
This post will be update as soon as possible. Also please do not redistribute my work, you can link to this forum post, but not via adf.ly or other moneymaking platforms. Please respect this.
Making waypoints available on multiplayer servers.
Table of Content:
- Important Notice
- Copyright & Modpacks
- Upcoming Features
This mod is not yet finished and also isn't a very complex mod, however it is a quite useful mod, which I firstly programmed for a friend of mine and myself. It allows you to synchronize your waypoints created with either Rei's Minimap or Zan's Minimap with other players on the server you are playing on. (only works if the mod is installed on the server) It also allows you to teleport to your waypoints, which is nothing new for Zan's Minimap, but for Rei's it is. This mod post contains no screenshots or videos, because there is not much to see, the mod just works in the background with only a few messages displayed to the user.
For version b0.3.2:
- MinecraftForge 18.104.22.1685 for Minecraft 1.6.4
other versions of forge may work, but I didn't test it
- Rei's Minimap v3.4_01 for Minecraft 1.6.2 (only for version b0.3.1)
- Zan's Minimap for Minecraft 1.6.4
- Install MinecraftForge according to the instructions given by the authors of MinecraftForge.
- Run minecraft once without mods.
- Open up your ".minecraft" folder an place the "Minimapsync.zip" file in your mods folder.
- Place the minimap mod of your choice in the mods folder als well
- Start minecraft and start using this little mod.
- Install MinecraftForge according to the instructions given by the authors of MinecraftForge on your server.
- Run your server once without mods.
- Open your server's folder and place the "Minimapsync.zip" file in your mods folder
- Start the server and start synchronizing waypoints with it by playing on it with your modded client.
This mod can be installed on your server without all players having installed this mod, so you can download and install it as server host and tell your users about it, however they do not have to install it to be able to join your server, it's just an additional feature to your server, which users can use.
Playing in SMP or a local multiplayer game you just have to press the configured key to start a synchronization. The default synchronization key is "F12", however you can change this via the vanilla minecraft keybinding configuration menu. After pressing this key the mod will send all waypoints that are set to be visible to the server, which adds unknown waypoints to it's internal list of waypoints and then sends back all waypoints that are not yet on the client, which will then appear on your minimap.
To teleport to a waypoint (in SSP & SMP) just use the build in feature of Zan's Minimap or if you are using Rei's Minimap use the command /warptowaypoint, in short /wtw followed by the name of the waypoint you want to teleport to.This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key.WARNING: This mod will not check if it is safe to teleport you, so you may suffocate in a wall or die from fall damage, if the waypoints are not set safe or if something was built on them or removed around them, so be carefull with using this command.
Delete waypoint from server:
To delete a waypoint from the server's list make sure, that it is not on any client list and then use the command /delpoint or in short /dp followed by the name of the waypoint to delete the specified waypoint, if there are multiple waypoints with the same name the server will ask you which one to delete.
This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key.
You do not have to make sure that the waypoint is removed from any clientlist anymore, because deleted waypoints now are put on a blacklist and won't be added to the server anymore.
Copyright & Modpacks:
This mod is completely written by me and myself and I am 100% sure that I didn't use any code programmed by any other programmer around the world, besides a List class, which I got from my computer science teacher at school, however even this little bit of code not directly from me will be removed in a future update, due to better ways of doing it. If you like this mod and want it in your modpack you're welcome to use it, however you have to give me credit in for example a credits.txt file and place a link to this page or my minecraftforum thread somewhere in the modpack.This mod is not opensource and may not be decompiled by you.By downloading the *.zip file you agree not to decompile or modify this mod in any way, however you could ask me for permission and if a grand it to you I'll probably send you the source.
- version: b0.3.2
- update for Minecraft version 1.6.4
- version: b0.3.1
- updated to latest forge (22.214.171.1245)
- fixed serversided crash
- version: b0.3.0
- update for Minecraft version 1.6.2
- now not syncing "Previous Death"-points
- version: b0.2.3
- update for Minecraft version 1.5.2
- version: b0.2.2
- update for Minecraft version 1.5.1
- same points as on version b0.1.3
- version: b0.1.3
- fixed some bugs
- improved tab-completions
- added deletion-feature
- version: b0.2.1
- update for Minecraft version 1.5
- version: b0.1.2
- release of this mod
- GUI for selection of which waypoints to synchronize with the server
- optional syncing with dynmap
If you have any question or ideas for future features do not be shy just comment below and I'll answer as soon as possible.Best regards,james94jeans2PS: If there are any language mistakes tell me about them, I am from Germany and English isn't my main language. Mistakes will be corrected, if you tell me what's wrong.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7.2|
|Tags:||Minimap, Waypoints, Synchronization, Minimapsync, Reis Minimap, Zans Minimap, James94jeans2, Functional, Voxelmap|
version b0.4 : 02/18/2014 9:09:40 am2/18/14
- update to 1.7.2 with forge 10.12.0.1024
- lots of code changes
- added config option on servers for commandsync
- changed command delpoint to waypointmanager (/wpm)
- wpm with delete and recovery options
- working with voxelmap for Minecraft 1.7.2
- Rei's Minimap not tested, but may work if it is released in some time
version b0.3.2 : 10/31/2013 7:36:48 pm10/31/13
version b0.3.1 : 08/30/2013 11:01:58 am8/30/13
- little crash fix
- updated to latest forge (126.96.36.1995)
version b0.3.0 : 08/29/2013 10:15:13 am8/29/13
version b0.2.3 : 06/17/2013 7:29:57 am6/17/13
Release on PMC : 03/27/2013 4:01:57 pm3/27/13