[1.5.1][FORGE][SMP][Last updated 5/4/13] SimpleGuns v5.0.0 - Updated for 1.5.1!
160,771Views, 61 today
- 59,440Downloads, 21 today
- 518 Comments
- 94 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 59 : Grandmaster Modder
This mod is protected under a Gold Emblem.
(Sorry the image is so big. I need to fix that sometime.)
SimpleGuns is a gun mod, as you could probably have guessed. But, at risk of sounding cliche, this one is different. The problem I have with other gun mods is that most feel out of place in the world of Minecraft. The rare few that don't, however, often have other problems. So, I set out to make a gun mod that at least makes an effort to "feel like Minecraft;" whether or not I succeeded is up to you.
GO HERE FOR CRAFTING RECIPES. DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THEM!
On the other hand, please post errors and other support-related things here, not on my website.
- Minecraft Version: 1.5.1
- Mod version: 5.0.0
- Dependencies: Forge
- Development Status: Released, Active Development
- SMP Compatible: Yes
This mod features 10 guns. Three of them have bayonet-equipped variants and one has a scoped variant, for a total of 14 guns. You can find detailed stats, crafting recipes, etc. by clicking "More Info." In no particular order, they are:
- Flintlock Pistol
- Musket (bayonet version available)
- Bolt-Action Rifle (bayonet and scoped versions available, cannot use both at once)
- Light Machine Gun (bayonet version available)
- Standard Shotgun
- Double-Barrel Shotgun
There are also throwable bombs (I avoid the term "grenade" because it sounds too modern), which come in four materials and three types. From weakest to strongest, the materials are cloth, clay, iron, and nether. The types are normal (explodes after a certain time), sticky (sticks to blocks and explodes after a certain time), and instant (explodes as soon as it hits a block). Bombs only stack up to 8 and have a 1/2-second cooldown between throws.
Instead of regular crafting recipes, which got hard to remember after a while, guns are crafted with this. See the recipe page for more info on the system.
Gun racks are a block that can be placed on walls. You can then use it to store a single gun. When a gun is stored on the gun rack, it will change from the normal texture to that of the gun.
Keep one of these in your inventory and it will passively double the fire rate of the flintlock pistol, musket, and blunderbuss. They break after 24 shots and are not stackable.
- Install Minecraft Forge. You can get the latest version from this page.
- Download this mod, then drag the .zip file (without extracting anything) into the mods folder in .minecraft.
- Run the game and have fun!
All legal information for my mods can be found on this page. By downloading this mod, you are hereby agreeing to it whether you know it or not.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5|
|Credit:||Some artwork by Tlos|
More Mods by nerdboy64View All
v5.0.0 for MC 1.5.1 : 05/04/2013 10:49:06 am5/04/13
- Re-implemented guns breaking blocks. Guns can only break certain blocks based on the hardness of the block and the strength of the gun.
- Renamed flechette shotgun rounds to birdshot.
- Entities shot by guns no longer have a period of temporary invincibility. This fixes shotguns not being able to hit the same entity multiple times in the same shot, as well as faster guns causing less damage than they should.
- Shotgun ammo has been rebalanced to accomodate the previous change.
- Renamed o flechetteo shotgun ammo to o birdshot.o
- Fixed changing shotgun ammo spamming the chat with o Changing to xxxxx rounds.o The message will only display once now.
- Changed shotgun ammo recipes to be both cheaper and more consistent. See the recipes page. Technically, the dye isno t integral to the firing mechanism, but this way is easier to remember than random assortments of iron and paper. It also allows for more varieties of ammo using different colors of dye.
- Altered the item sprites for some guns.
- Shooting a block of TNT will cause it to explode immediately.
- Mounted MG pushed back to next version (again). I didno t want to delay the update any longer by trying to finish it.
- NOTE: If you get texture errors with both this mod and Optifine installed, you need to get the latest version of Forge.
v4.0.0 for MC 1.4.6 : 12/27/2012 10:01:19 pm12/27/12
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.6
- Fixed switching items while using a scope not un-zooming
- Fixed guns crashing in SMPÃ ¦ again.
- Added a cheaper but more complex method of producing bullets.
- Improved the model for the gunsmithing workbench.
- NOTE: If you look in the zip file, there is code for a mounted machine gun. This feature is still a work in progress and is only available by hacking.
Ignore this : 12/15/2012 6:14:58 pm12/15/12
v3.2.0 for MC 1.4.5 : 12/15/2012 6:14:08 pm12/15/12
- New textures! (Old ones are still included as "old textures.png".)
- Fixed bombs sometimes being dropped where you stand.
- Fixed gun racks always showing the empty texture on loading the world.Moved bullets from Materials to Combat in the creative menu.
- Fixed guns firing when you use a door, chest, workbench, etc.
- Bullet recipe now yields 4 instead of 3.
- Added a trigger safety that keeps you from accidentally firing and wasting precious ammo. Also stops you from accidentally firing when you, for example, open a chest while holding a gun. Toggled with F by default, but can be changed in the controls menu.
- Guns now have a primitive reload animation. Technically, it' s the sword blocking animation, but it fits well enough.
- The HUD will let you know if you are reloading or have the safety engaged.
- The item' s tooltip will also show if you have safety engaged.
- Added the box of bullets back into the game. Now crafted with four bullets in a square, it can be used to store four times the ammo in one inventory slot. Must be crafted back into bullets to be used as ammo.
- Balance tweaks: accuracy improvements for some guns, scoped and bayonet-equipped versions now have the correct stats, range improvements for some guns.
v3.0.0 for MC 1.4.5 : 11/24/2012 9:14:52 pm11/24/12
- The firing code has been rewritten completely to remove bullet entities. This fixes a bug where range would be calculated inaccurately as well as a crash that would occur with rapid firing in SMP. It should also improve performance since the server only has to do some math rather than track one or more physical entities.
- The firing code has been shifted almost entirely server-side for efficiency.
- Added the gunsmithing workbench and several new crafting items. The gunsmithing workbench is a block used to craft guns. It uses a simple 5-slot crafting system that should make recipes easier to remember.
- Added an ammo counter to the bottom-right corner of the screen. It turns red when the gun is empty and is only visible when holding a gun.
- Guns of all types now show their remaining ammo in the tool tip below the item name, and shotguns will also show their current selected ammo.
- The durability bar for guns is no longer visible.
- Removed the o You are out of ammo!o chat spam when trying to reload with no ammo in your inventory.
- Gun-related achievements have been partially rewritten. They are broken at the moment due to the first achievement never being awarded to the; this will be fixed in a later patch.
- Fixed a bug from the very first version of the mod involving between-shot delay and reload timers.
- Fixed a bug where changing ammo types with one shotgun would change the stats for all of that type of gun.
- Fixed a bug where shotguns would reset their ammo type upon exiting and reloading the world.
- Rebalanced various recipes
- Rebalanced some guns to make them more accurate to their real-life counterparts.
v2.0.1 for MC 1.4.2 : 11/04/2012 4:19:13 pm11/04/12
v2.0 for MC 1.4.2 : 11/01/2012 5:24:03 pm11/01/12
v1.1 for MC 1.3.2 : 09/07/2012 10:30:43 pm9/07/12
v1.0 for MC 1.3.2 : 08/26/2012 12:30:44 pm8/26/12
v7.0 for MC 1.2.5 : 07/28/2012 3:12:03 pm7/28/12
v6.0.2 for MC 1.2.5 : 05/03/2012 6:41:17 pm5/03/12
v6.0 for MC 1.2.5 : 04/15/2012 6:40:20 pm4/15/12
v5.1 for MC 1.2.5 : 04/05/2012 12:28:53 pm4/05/12
v5.0 for MC 1.2.4 : 03/25/2012 2:05:23 pm3/25/12
v4.1 for MC 1.2.3 : 03/16/2012 9:08:23 pm3/16/12
v4.0 for MC 1.2.3 : 03/10/2012 12:23:12 pm3/10/12
v3.3.2 for MC 1.1 : 02/20/2012 12:04:06 am2/20/12
v3.3.1 for MC 1.1 : 02/19/2012 2:11:43 pm2/19/12
v3.3 for MC 1.1 : 02/12/2012 6:47:40 pm2/12/12
v3.2 for MC 1.1 : 01/29/2012 12:22:54 pm1/29/12
v3.1 for MC 1.1 : 01/24/2012 1:27:24 pm1/24/12
v3.0 for MC 1.1 : 01/14/2012 6:20:52 pm1/14/12
Comments : 518
Join us to post comments.