|OLD VERSION, CHECK DESCRIPTION!!!|
44,627Views, 16 today
- 13,872Downloads, 1 today
- 286 Comments
- 53 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 54 : Grandmaster Meme
Since my coding skills really have improved since I wrote this version and I have finally found the old code is a big pile of sh**, I'm proud to announce that I have decided to rewrite it - once again.
The new version will contain loads more features and the ability to create custom brushes.
Finishing this project is one of my New Year Resolutions, I've already made quite some progress with the new System.
First of all, I want to thank everybody who downloaded the SkinMaker, commented, gave it a diamond or whatever. Without all you people, I would have stopped development the day I started it.
THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR OVER 27000 VIEWS AND MORE THAN 10000 DOWNLOADS!!!
Most Standard skins are made by Vrej, and I am really thankful that he let me use them.
-> There is a Linux executable available
-> There will not be a Mac version as far as I can see
-> There can be problems with AntiVirus engines, but I assure you that this is not a Virus!
This has been approved by Site Moderators more than once.
-> If you have questions, post them in the comments.
The SkinMaker 2.0... is dedicated to all the people who supported me in the making of the SkinMaker. I used the past two days to sit down and start over froms scratch. When I did so, I kept all the old functions, but I optimized the code for maximum speed. Instead of over 1300 lines of code, It now only has about 700. Thats 47% less! There are more updates to come in the future as this is undoubtedly my favourite program.
- Installation Info
Today, I decided to go open source. This means that you can access the SkinMaker on any system that runs Python. By doing this, I hope to avoid problems with different versions and also AntiVirus Engines blocking download and/or execution of the program.
Since many of you guys had problems executing, I have now uploaded a different version of the SkinMaker to the Mediafire Folder. It alos includes some new tools I am still working on because they're not really doing what they're supposed to do. Anyway, try them if you want ;)
Yesterday, I migrated the downloads to another server, removing mediafire from this project. I am still testing and playing around with stuff, more downloads will be moved in a while.
I also created some huge Download banners:
Not very useful, but fun xD
Have a nice day!
The SkinMaker is a program written in Python which uses different UI-libraries and Imaging Libraries to create Minecraft Skins. The User has different Tools available to edit the Canvas with the Skin the way he wants to. Ito s the first project I started solely for the sake of making it, because I felt like making a Windowed Application that implements different Drawing functions. In the making of the program, 12 different Versions have been released to date.
Check them out by downloading and trying them ;-)
Installation Info (IMPORTANT)
- Go to the downloads on Mediafire.com (Download Button) first. There are two folders in that directory, a Windows and a Linux version. Enter the sub-directory according to your OS. There are multiple versions in either directory. Download the newest version and unzip it using 7zip, WinRAR or a similar program.
- Now just double-click the start.bat and wait a few seconds
- If it doesn't work, try Plan B
- Go to the open source repository on code.google.com (no longer updated, sry) and download both the SkinMaker Main file and the PreviewWindow file. They're the source files of the SkinMaker. The following steps are different for each OS:
- If you use Linux:
- Python version 2.6 was shipped with your Linux system. Try typing "python2.6" in the console window. It should say some sh** about what version it is and open an active interpreter. If this worked, just type "quit()"in the command line.
- If Step one worked, skip this step.
Open the console, type "su" and log in as root user. Then type "aptitude install python2.6".
Your PC has now installed python. Repeat step one, and if it works, continue.
- Install PIL via the aptitude!!!
- Save the main.py and the PreviewWindow.py in the same directory, it doesn't matter where.
Now open the console, use "cd " to change directory until you are in the same folder as the files. Then continue to type "python2.6 main.py"
- Have fun!!!
- If you use Windows or Mac:
- First of all: If you already installed python, just double-click the main.py to start it and skip the other steps.
- Go to http://python.org/download/. Get the installer Version 2.7 and start it. I will not explain the installing process here because there are lots of detailed tutorials out there.
- Download and install PIL, just google "pil download" and click the first result.
- Once you did that, just save the main.py and the PreviewWindow.py in the same directory and double-click the main.py
- Have fun!!!
If the compiled versions don't work for you, go to the open source repo (outdated) and download all files there. Then follow the Installation Instructions for Plan B.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5|
|Tags:||Functional, Skin, Maker, Make, Tool, Program|
|Credit:||Everybody who had suggestions and requests!|
More Mods by PeterKramerView All
Note: Showing last 25 of 39 logs.
Update #39 : 04/26/2013 4:19:42 pm4/26/13
Update #38 : 04/12/2013 7:50:28 pm4/12/13
Update #37 : 01/02/2013 6:29:02 am1/02/13
Update #36 : 12/22/2012 4:05:41 pm12/22/12
Update #35 : 12/01/2012 4:19:05 pm12/01/12
Update #34 : 10/01/2012 1:13:39 pm10/01/12
The Paste Function works now
Update #33 : 09/26/2012 10:30:10 am9/26/12
In this update (version 1.7) I added a button to deactivate the Info Grid because it made the program lag when you made a lot of single clicks. I have also added a new function, the analyse function. It analyses which part of your skin you edited the most and creates an image the same size as a minecraft skins where lighter colors represent more "layers" of color.
Update #32 : 07/25/2012 3:08:01 pm7/25/12
Update #31 : 07/21/2012 11:57:44 am7/21/12
I noticed a mistak in the latest download which made the program start in version 1.5 (2.0).
Fixed that now ;)
Update #30 : 07/06/2012 10:30:03 am7/06/12
Update #29 : 06/26/2012 11:51:20 am6/26/12
Update #28 : 06/19/2012 2:49:29 pm6/19/12
Added the "Special Thanks to..." Area.
Update #27 : 06/17/2012 10:34:37 am6/17/12
Just a few noms and bugfixes:
- You can now open images with a res. smaller than 64x32
- You can also use "open with..." now with the SkinMaker.exe located in the dist folder.
- Other minor bugfixes
Update #26 : 06/11/2012 12:45:50 pm6/11/12
Update #25 : 06/10/2012 2:59:30 pm6/10/12
The SkinMaker 2.0 is OUT NOW!!! : 06/09/2012 7:43:00 am6/09/12
Version 9.2.2 ( Twenteeth Update) : 06/05/2012 2:23:31 pm6/05/12
In Version 9.2.2, I'm introducing a new Tool which is still in Beta, it's called OpacDraw.
Essentially what it does is it doesn't cover the skin up with the color, but it changes the color a little towards the currently used color - it's hard to explain, but when you try it, you'll understand!
Version 9.2.1 (Nineteenth Update) : 06/02/2012 11:58:56 am6/02/12
Another Bugfix, this time in the saving function.
The SkinMaker will now raise an Error/show a Message when you entered the file format incorrectly.
INFO UPDATE : 06/01/2012 11:26:39 am6/01/12
Version 9.2 (Eighteenth Update) : 05/30/2012 1:06:05 pm5/30/12
Anyway, this update includes:
- FINALLY: a redo function
- update of the help menu
I'll be doing maybe half an hour of work each day or something, and whenever I get something done, I'll update => No major updates, but bugfixing and improving.
Version 9.1 (Seventeenth Update) : 05/29/2012 8:28:36 am5/29/12
Also, the Window Title will now tell you what file you loaded/saved as.
Update 9.0 (Sixteenth Update) : 05/25/2012 2:20:59 pm5/25/12
Final UpdateThis is, for now, the final version.
I know that there are some features that I didn't finish and that can be improved, but I have tons of stuff to do right now, and not a hell lot of time for programming. As this is the most complete project I have out here right now which is still in development, I decided for this to be the one that I wouldn't develop any further until I have more time to concentrate on my uploads again.
- Eraser Toggles the Rectangle tool off when activated
- Performance improvements:
- I changed f.e. the Brush Tool to reduce lag.
- Undo works on eraser actions now
Version 8.4 (Fifteenth Update) : 05/16/2012 9:12:56 am5/16/12
In this update, I improved the performance of the SkinMaker a LOT.
- The Noise Tool doesn't make everything bright blue anymore!
- The Lightning Tool works nicer now
- Fixed some small bugs that created Errors
- The Noise Tool can now be undone
- Added an extra border around the Lightning Tool settings
Version 8.3.0 (Fourteenth Update) : 05/15/2012 1:49:50 pm5/15/12
A new step, a new chapter.
In this update, I just fixed some stuff I had wanted to for a long time.
The next update will be version 9.0 OR another small update, because I want to get rid of as many bugs as possible before getting to it.
Stuff I did:
- Finally updated the Help Files since mattiep had some trouble and stuff should have been in there.
- The Simple Brush now supports Brush Size!!!
Version 8.2.1 (Thirteenth Update) : 05/15/2012 6:45:46 am5/15/12
Bugfixing and completing update!
This just a small update:
I finished the Body Part Overlay and fixed the Bug in the Preview Window.
Comments : 286
Join us to post comments.