SUPERIOR ENCHANTING SYSTEM for Minecraft 1.4.5
142,079Views, 190 today
- 27,314Downloads, 16 today
Get Embed Code
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Posted 02/25/12 7:24:55 am , last updated: 10/15/12 6:21:08 am
The purpose of this mod, is to provide a much more practical, balanced and fun alternative to the current enchantment system.
- Selective De-enchantment.
- Enchant empty bottles (cost 15 POINTS) to become Bottles o' Enchanting:
- Unbreaking on any tools
- Smarter cost system.
- Quicker Level Selection
- More flexible placement of bookshelves:
- Repairing items (at workbench) now partially retains enchantment
- Anyone can join your server, with or without client-side installed.
- New in 1.4: Rejecting an enchantment twice, prevents it from reappearing (Until you've cycled through all other enchantments/closed the table)
- Rejecting an enchantment twice prevents it from reappearing until you close the table.
- Bookshelves required.
- Max level for an enchantment.
- Max number of enchantments per item.
Like this mod and want to show support? Any of the following are appreciated. :D
- Please subscribe to our youtube channel.
I'll be posting much more interesting showcases of my mods, to come.
- Post Feedback on the enchantment mod at the curse forums thread /yogcast forum thread
(Things get buried quickly, but posting there would greatly help to increase the exposure of this mod)
- I want to port this mod to Bukkit eventually, but the 2 basic events I need
to alter the mechanics aren't in the API yet:
Please vote here for this limitation to be resolved:
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.4|
|Tags:||Functional, Reenchantment, Selective, Reverse, Enchanting, Enchantment, Efficient, Better, Improved|
|Credit:||You the people who use, and maybe review this mod. You're awesome!|
Note: Showing last 25 of 25 logs.
Update 1.4.5 : 12/17/2012 6:02:06 am12/17/12
- Fixed bug with a few debug messages cluttering up the chat, when used with Modloader.
- Rejecting an enchantment twice now prevents it from reappearing, until you've iterated through all the other enchantments.
One last compatibility fix : 10/15/2012 6:16:33 pm10/15/12
Bug fixes : 10/15/2012 6:21:08 am10/15/12
- Fixed client required message even when the mod was installed.
- Fixed compatibility issues with mods that define enchantments with null enumEnchantTypes.
- Fixed superfluous chat messages appearing when used with ModLoader.
Update #22 : 08/27/2012 12:58:21 am8/27/12
Minor update 1.13_3b (for Minecraft 1.3.1) : 08/08/2012 8:15:20 pm8/08/12
- Fixed glitch with upgrade costs being miscalculated.
- Fixed glitch with outdated client message appearing in recent chat messages.
- You'll only be charged for the enchantments you receive (e.g. if you receive silk touch at level 30, you'll be charged only 16 levels).
- Fixed critical glitch with mod crashing on an empty colored message on some servers.
(for real this time, uploaded wrong file earlier)
- You're slightly more likely to receive more enchantments in one sitting.
Don't worry though, these are of much lower value than the first enchantment you receive/upgrade.
Updated for Minecraft 1.3.1 : 08/07/2012 8:14:58 pm8/07/12
- Added ability to enchant empty bottles to become bottles of enchanting.
Cost 15 xp points (each bottle gives you 3-11 points)
- Removed level caps.
- Adjusted cost values to match the new leveling system
Update #19 : 07/16/2012 9:22:32 am7/16/12
This is in preparation for a new more enchantments mod
that I'm developing with kind permission granted from xkyouchoux
Update #17 : 06/01/2012 6:25:14 am6/01/12
In version 1.10.3 the levels available to you with no bookshelves are 1-8
(and lvl70 with 40 bookshelves).
I'm hoping this will encourage people to take the enchanting table with them (or an ender chest), and upgrade their tools on the run.
Update #17 : 05/28/2012 9:27:02 am5/28/12
This will probably be the last update before a multiplayer port.
Unless, you guys have any other quick suggestions :D
- All enchantable tools can have unbreaking now (except armor).
So you can burn through mobs with your hard earned ultra upgraded sword and bows.
- Re-adjusted cost of unbreaking to be more mid-ranged.
- Enchantments of aqua affinity, feather fall and respiration, are more than twice as likely to occur than protection enchantments.
- Made placement of book shelves even more flexible!
Update #15 : 05/25/2012 2:53:54 am5/25/12
- Enchantment costs, are now cheaper on upgrading enchantments and take into account the XP values of both (rather than just the levels).
Every time an enchantment is UPGRADED: (e.g. unbreaking 1->unbreaking 2):
The accumulative cost increases by:
(difference in the enchantment Values)*(3/4);
- XP value of an enchantment=f(L)-f(L-7)
- where L= Min-enchantability level of the given enchantment (from 0 levels).
- f() is a function that returns the number of EXPERIENCE POINTS required to reach a given level L.
- Fixed glitch with fortune/looting III being underpriced.
Update #14 : 05/06/2012 11:59:45 pm5/06/12
Watching the video may be prefferable for some people than reading through the entire description ;)
Update #13 : 04/24/2012 3:17:19 am4/24/12
I looked at the instructions and found that the author of the instructions for modloader, for whatever reason deleted his account.
So I've added links to videos for installing modloader for both mac and windows.
So the installation instructions are now complete. Message me if you're having further problems.
Update #12 : 04/20/2012 8:12:09 pm4/20/12
Update #11 : 04/20/2012 8:11:48 pm4/20/12
Let me know if you need any assistance. :D
Update #10 : 04/20/2012 12:24:03 pm4/20/12
MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE WITH:
- Vanilla Servers
- Modloader Servers
- Single player (doubles as recommended client side).
- Server port as above
- Fixed display glitch with system, incorrectly telling you you can have more bookshelves for a higher level, after reaching the maximum.
- Enchantment costs: of sharpness, infinity, power and silk touch, have all increased (but are still cheaper than the original).
- Magic Item repair: Now only works when repair is performed at a workbench (remember each enchantment loses one level in most cases).
This was to retain compatibility with the multiplayer port, whilst changing as few classes as possible.
Update #9 : 04/11/2012 11:52:17 pm4/11/12
- Increased the chance of having several enchantments, as well as a few of the enchantment costs.
- Now possible to receive upto 3 enchantments at a time (Diminishing in Value).
In the event, that you receive, 2 or 3 enchantments at once, their values are roughly equal to the 2/7ths and 4/49ths of the (chosen level+item's enchantability):
- Level caps, now show the maximum cost to your xp, regardless of how many enchantments you receive at one time.
Click here for more detail.
- Smaller level caps, for levels well below your current xp, also exist.
Click here for more detail.
- Fixed glitch with refund not displaying correctly when de-enchanting in creative mode.
- Fixed glitch with first two slots not always displaying unique randomly generated numbers.
They now generate levels according to the corresponding level caps. In practice this means, you will always be able to cycle through all options in 4 clicks or less.
- Overall there are now, more benefits to saving for reaching higher levels :D.
Let me know what you think of the recent changes :D
P.s. sorry for the delay to the multiplayer port, but everything had to be as near perfect as possible first.
Update #8 : 04/07/2012 1:43:31 am4/07/12
- Updated to support Minecraft 1.2.5.
- Changed how costs and how they are applied, for balance reasons:
- Max cost on receiving/upgrading two enchantments, is now simply twice as much as the level cap on receiving one enchantment.
- Altered min-enchantabilities to become more balanced.
- Altered level cap, to become lower.
- Fixed glitch with mod modifying min-enchantabilities of enchantments from other mods.
- Fixed glitch with level cap not being applied according to the player's actual xp.
Update #7 : 03/30/2012 10:43:24 am3/30/12
- Adjusted enchantment costs:
Click here for details
- Repair of items partially retains enchantments:
- The process usually causes each enchantment to lose 1 level:
E.g. A bow with power II
repaired with another bow with Flame I and Punch II becomes...
a bow with power I and punch I
- Dominance: If 2 conflicting enchantments occur, the one with the higher enchantability is chosen.
E.g. Sharpness III is higher up than Bane of arthropods II, or Smite IV.
- Level Retention: If a removed enchantment has at least 60% the min enchantability of the other conflicting enchantment, than the other enchantment keeps its level.
- Special Exceptions: if infinity or silk touch are consumed in the repair process (or silk touch overrides fortune I):
All other enchantments keep their current levels.
- The process usually causes each enchantment to lose 1 level:
- Fixed glitch: System would crash, if on the first time enchanting an item, if the chosen level was below the the lowest min-enchantability (not that this had any effect using the vanilla enchantments).
Now the system should be robust over all modded enchantment sets.
- Added more helpful messages to the GUI.
Update #6 : 03/28/2012 8:18:38 am3/28/12
- Rejecting enchantments reduces the probability of receiving the same enchantment again (until you re-open the GUI).
- Bow enchantability: is now treated as 5, instead of 1.
(It's part wood, so it makes sense)
- Border line useful enchantments like efficiency, knockback and punch have had their costs reduced, below the default 75%.
- Due to the disadvantage of knockback in most combat situations, it's probability weighting is treated as 2 instead of 5.
- Decreased initial random item enchantability bonus,
to match reduced enchantment level costs (both about 75% of vanilla in most cases).
- Levels refunded on reverse enchanting, are now slightly less when the player is below level 12. This is to encourage people to save up for better enchantments.
- Made the system, robust over modded enchantments (such as ones that become null pointers once the enchantments are removed.
- Fixed glitch: accidentally clicking on an inactive button, previously caused the options to reset.
This is likely be the 2nd last update, before a multiplayer port.
That being said, I want to make sure everything is perfect first, so please feel free to comment on what can be improved.
EDIT: Re-uploaded cause mod wouldn't appear as recently updated. Guess my session timed out.
Update #5 : 03/26/2012 10:27:39 am3/26/12
More features to follow.
Update #4 : 03/19/2012 8:37:47 am3/19/12
According to some users, enchantments still to too long to obtain so:
- Cost of all enchantments reduced to 75% of min-enchantability, As a rule of thumb (due to xp levels, increasing exponentially). It should take half as long to obtain an enchantment like Silk Touch.
- Level Cap Reduced: You will never spend more than 10 levels, on receiving one enchantment, or 15 levels on receiving two enchantments. Level cap decreases by 1 every 15 levels, above level 25 (to a minimum of 7 for one enchantment at level 55, or 12 levels for 2 enchantments).
This also allows for more benefits through the reenchantment process.
- Max Enchantability no longer matters: why should you be punished for spending more xp?
- Level selection is much more efficient:
- Third slot shows maximum level, given the player's xp and the number of surrounding bookshelves.
- level cap or receiving (one enchantment-two enchantments) is highlighted in yellow.
- First two slots show unique randomly generated levels below the cap. Thus you will always be able to find your chosen level within 7 clicks.
Update #3 : 03/15/2012 1:50:06 am3/15/12
- Added Selective de-enchantment at the request of randomraccoon.
- Gui can detect upto 40 bookshelves in the vertical range of 1 block below and 2 blocks above the enchantment table.
This allows for enchantment levels above 60 and much more flexible placement of bookshelves.
- Cost to re-enchant is now:
max(4,min_enchantability of cheapest enchantment);
- Improved the level selection algorithm.
The slots now display randomly generated unique numbers within different possible enchantment/re-enchantment ranges, whenever possible.
So your desired level is only a few clicks away.
- Drastically improved the balance of the enchantment costs
Maximum possible level cost is now 12 levels for one enchantment
or 18 levels for two.
- Otherwise the accumulative cost of the minimum levels is taken.
- Divide the accumulative cost by 1.5 for when receiving 2 enchantments instead of 1.
- On receiving a new enchantment (rather than upgrading an existing one) the accumulative cost increases by an additional 3.
Update #2 : 03/08/2012 12:22:40 am3/08/12
Not sure why, the mod wouldn't appear, on the recently updated mods list, after the 1.2.3 update.
Hopefully it will this time.
Update #1 : 03/07/2012 9:25:31 am3/07/12
- Level selection algorithm, is a bit less random now.
- Limit to cost in experience levels has been changed from 15 to 16.
- Creative mode, no longer requires XP to enchant.
- Various bug fixes.
Join us to post comments.