The You Will Die Mod (v0.0.3f) [Forge][1.7.2]
38,131Views, 18 today
- 7,069Downloads, 4 today
- 43 Comments
- 20 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 50 : Grandmaster Modder
This mod requires Forge! Get the latest version here.
Check out the wiki! (Still a WIP)
Full Feature List:
- Worlds are given goals and disadvantages. Completing a goal will remove the world's disadvantage, and give you a new goal. Use /currentGoal and /currentDisadvantage to check out both of these. There are currently 7 world disadvantages and two goal types for you to discover!
- Blessings. Players are given a blessing when they first join a world. You can swap out blessings at pillars that gen around the world. Use the examine key (x default) to see what blessing a pillar has. You can only have one blessing at a time. /currentBlessing will show your current blessing. Some blessings have active abilities which can be used with the hotkey (k by default). There are many blessings for you to discover!
- Traps spawn all around the world and can only be seen while sneaking and within a 6 block radius. They are single use, and you can disarm them by right clicking them with nothing in hand, but be careful, because there's a 75% chance you'll fail and hurt yourself. Successful disarms have a 25% chance to drop the trap as an item. There are currently 3 different traps. You can turn off trap generation in the properties (inside the .zip). You can craft traps with their respective recipes. You aren't hurt by your own placed traps, you can disarm your own traps 100% of the time, and can always see your own traps. You can examine traps to see who placed them. Dispensers can place traps. Shears can disarm traps 100% of the time, but traps will never be salvaged.
- Hostile mobs are given a level from 1-5. Levels change how much health a mob has, and level 5 mobs will be given a blessing. Use the examine key to see if a mob has a blessing.
- Dungeons are 13 times more likely to gen, and above ground dungeon towers will gen with spawners and chests.
- Mystery potions have a small chance to drop from mobs, and spawn in dungeon chests. There are 13 in total, 12 to discover, and a 13th wildcard potion. Once you've drank one in a world, you will permanently know that potions ability! Combine with gunpowder to create splash mystery potions.
- Mystery Mushrooms gen around the world in pre-existing mushroom patches. They're given random colors per world, and each can make a specific mystery potions.
- Bows, axes, and swords get a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max bonus damage on creation. Armor gets a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max damage reduction.
- Fighting specific mobs and using specific weapon types provides bonuses to damage over time. You can check your progress with /creatureKnowledge [page] and /weaponKnowledge [page].
- You can also examine blocks and mobs to see their names.
- Configurable settings.
- 5 achievements.
(Item names and images link to wiki pages.)
Flame Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 torch)
Smoke Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 squid ink)
Spike Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 cactus)
Mystery Potion (Splash) (Shapeless):
(1 mystery potion + 1 gunpowder)
Mystery Potion (Shapeless):
(1 mystery mushroom + 1 water bottle + 1 leather = 1 mystery potion)
(2 obsidian + 1 endstone)
Infused Obsidian Sceptre (Shapeless):
(1 obsidian sceptre + 1 enderpearl + 1 book)
Like this mod?
Think about donating towards the development of this and any other projects I currently work on. All my mods and projects are completely self managed, and making sure they are as good as they can be is top priority! All donations are greatly appreciated!
You can find the official MC Forums thread here.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7.2|
|Tags:||Forge, Roguelike, Trap, Blessing, Dungeon, Level, You, Will, Die, Irunohatake, Xfyrestorm, New Content|
More Mods by xFyreStormView All
Update #11 : 04/25/2014 3:29:53 pm4/25/14
Fixed incompatibility with other mods that add custom weapons.
Update #10 : 04/07/2014 8:00:51 pm4/07/14
Updated to Minecraft 1.7.2.
Update #9 : 12/28/2013 8:55:00 pm12/28/13
Fixed traps not correctly damaging player under proper conditions.
Fixed version checking notification.
Stats should now correctly save in between deaths.
Added crafting stats (not used for anything as of yet).
Update #8 : 11/22/2013 9:13:40 pm11/22/13
Hotfix for pillar crash.
Update #7 : 11/21/2013 5:54:46 pm11/21/13
1 new blessing. You can now change your placed traps visibility/damage settings by right clicking while standing. Misc bugfixes.
Update #6 : 11/05/2013 5:48:46 pm11/05/13
Updated to 1.6.4. All world gen items are slightly less common by default. Added mystery mushrooms which gen naturally and are used to craft mystery potions. Added obsidian sceptres which allow you to deconstruct and move pillars. Slightly changed tower design to force player to fight through. Towers have a small chance to spawn made of obsidian, and will have better loot. Towers now correctly spawn in the nether. Added two commands, /weaponKnowledge, and /creatureKnowledge, which allow you to keep track of the new weapon/mob kills system, which provide bonuses based off kills with/again specific weapons/mobs. Added two new achievements involving kill tracking. Added a couple active blessing abilities, which can be used with k by default. Tweaked and added a few blessings. Added quite a few new option in the config. Mob health by level is now % based, rather than a flat 5 per level. Bugfixes!
Update #5 : 08/25/2013 5:01:01 pm8/25/13
Fixed server crash involving key bindings.
I really need to test things server-side more. My bad server owners. :P
Update #4 : 08/21/2013 7:59:55 pm8/21/13
Changes:Fixed key bindings not saving. Entities riding other entities won't set off traps. Reworded 1 blessing. Traps placed by players are still active when traps are disabled. Traps placed in creative while traps are disabled will belong to the person placing them.
Update #3 : 08/20/2013 7:15:55 pm8/20/13
Added throwable mystery potions, can be crafted with mystery potion + gunpowder, and use the same effect as normal mystery potions. Tweaked mystery potion sprites. Mystery potions will now always have different effect (used to sometimes spawned multiple of the same type). Tweaked 1 blessing. Traps placed in creative don't belong to you. Traps you own can be seen without sneaking and at a longer distance. Traps that are owned now give an examine reminder while hovering. Added option to disable traps above ground. (Will only effect newly generated worlds.) Removed an unused sound.
Update #2 : 08/14/2013 5:54:59 pm8/14/13
Fixed crash with locales that use commas instead of periods for decimals. Added creative tab for items. Switched from .properties to .cfg (you can find it in the config folder as normal). Added new config properties. Added one new world disadvantage. Fixed an old disadvantage.
Update #1 : 08/12/2013 5:55:11 pm8/12/13
Traps are now single use, stronger, craftable, and 33% less common. Hostile mobs don't fully set off traps. You aren't hurt by your placed traps, and can always disarm and salvage your own traps. Examining a trap will tell you who placed it. Shears can now disarm traps 100%, but have no chance to salvage, uses half of shear's max durability. Dispensers can place traps. Pillars and dungeon towers are slightly less common.
Join us to post comments.