[TOOL] ResourcePack Workbench v.3.8.3 - Resource Pack Creator - New: Works again
33,295Views, 696 today
- 7,097Downloads, 153 today
Get Embed Code
Level 87 : Elite Modder
Posted 07/17/13 10:44:41 am , last updated: 12/08/13 6:34:02 am
>>> Read changelog, so you know what's new!
IF YOU GET A CRASH, SEND ME THE CRASH REPORT.
What it can do?
- ResourcePack Workbench is a standalone application, much like Texture Ender or Unstitcher.
- It's an IDE for Resource Packs, allowing easy manipulation of pack files, merging resource packs and editing assets.
- RPW can be used to edit other packs, combine them, or create entirely new ones.
- Preview of textures and text files is included
- One-click editing using GIMP or other application of your choice (config file)
- Working inheritance, much like in CSS
- One-click replacement of sounds with silence
- And much more!
- You can see a demonstration of how easy it is to make packs here:
The Making Of SausageCraft - Modding with ResourcePacks
- [ TIP ] To convert your sounds to OGG, you can try online converter Media.IO
- To run RPW, you need Java 6+ and Minecraft 1.6.2+.
- With MC 1.5 or older, it will just not work.
- The latest update works fine on all platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac);
The edit buttons won't work unless you configure editors using the Settings dialog.
How to run it
- That's easy, if it works, you can just click it and it will start.
- If not, right-click it and open in Java Runtime Environment
- If you want command line option, do: java -jar RPW.jar
Configuring the file editors (Images & Stuff)
- The application was built in Linux, so the "edit" buttons won't work on Windows.
- To fix that, go to Options > Configure editors and using the buttons there,
find the EXEs of your favorite editors.
- The same, of course, applies to Mac and Linux, if the buttons don't work, select the right editors.
Who made it?
- Me, MightyPork (real MP, no NuclearBanana!)
- I spent nearly a week nonstop coding to get it working, and even then,
it still has some bugs.. well, at least I have something to put into the later versions ;)
- It was made using GIMP and Eclipse, and is built around Swing, SwingX and AWT.
If you like the tool, you can support me with a small donation:
You can also follow me on twitter:
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7.2|
|Tags:||Editor, ResourcePack, Tool, Java, Program|
v3.8.3 : 12/08/2013 6:34:02 am12/08/13
- Fixed bug in export routine
- Possibly better support for Windows
- Added scrolling log window
- Last 10 runtime logs are now archived
- New icons in alert dialogs
If you find a bug, report it please!
3.8.2 : 11/25/2013 5:22:08 am11/25/13
v3.8.0 : 11/24/2013 6:06:05 am11/24/13
There's also a big change in the main menu, save system and everything is more polished and smoother.
It's not tested on Windows or Mac yet, so inform me if you find a bug.
- Added support for custom sounds
- Save mechanism made more reliable
- New Guide Book
- Main menu overhaul
- Many important bugfixes
3.7 : 11/12/2013 4:10:04 am11/12/13
3.6 : 11/04/2013 4:43:49 am11/04/13
* fixed a bug caused by a duplicate sounds folder in MC resources (Mojang, you suck)
* reorganized some assets in the fancy tree (blocks and items mostly)
* fixed "Export to MC" to also set it as the current pack
+ added menu command "Open project folder"
+ added update notifications (fetches a text file with version from my Dropbox :D)
+ fixed two resource leaks
3.5 : 08/09/2013 4:03:27 pm8/09/13
* Fixed crash in some unofficial Java version (NPE caused by "invokeAndWait")
+ Added "included_files" folder to project for output ZIP injection
-> If you add any files to this folder, they will be packed to the output zip
To see the folder, ckick the "open" icon in the right sidebar.
3.4 : 08/02/2013 8:34:09 pm8/02/13
3.3 : 07/31/2013 4:01:31 am7/31/13
* Fixed ordering of lowercase and uppercase letters in some dialogs
* Text preview now auto-scrolls to top (was bottom before)
* Side-panel now shows real file name above the preview.
* Side-panel's size and layout shouldn't change when changing previewed item
* Improved shortcuts (F3 = log, Ctrl+T = Project Summary)
* Re-ordered menus and context menu to be more intuitive and easier to control
+ Added built-in ".mcmeta" editor with code templates
+ Added built-in text editor with a integrated list of formatting codes
+ All code editors have proper syntax highlighting
+ Built-in editors can be enabled/disabled using the "Configure Editors" dialog
New context-menu commands
+ "Assign resolved, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Copy to project, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Delete '.mcmeta' files from project"
+ "Open in editor"
+ "Edit '.mcmeta' file"
+ Vanilla import now supports ".ini", ".properties" and ".cfg" (used by some mods)
+ Added "Project Summary" dialog with a list of files that would be exported
+ It's now possible to add ".mcmeta" to files that weren't animated before
+ Added a help page about ".mcmeta"
3.2 : 07/27/2013 7:06:46 pm7/27/13
It's strongly recommended to upgrade.
3.1 : 07/19/2013 7:44:31 pm7/19/13
YOU MUST RE-IMPORT YOUR LIBRARY PACKS
FOR THIS FIX TO HAVE EFFECT!
+ "Manage projects" and "Manage library" dialogs now allow
multiselect for easier deleting (try CTRL and SHIFT)
+ Added "Manage packs in MC" dialog - good for deleting junk
created with "Export to MC";
3 : 07/19/2013 3:21:27 pm7/19/13
* Fixed visual glitches in the side panel with preview and project info
* Fixed flickering tree table, making the tree labels to disappear
* Grand code cleanup and purification
+ Import button in Manage Library dialog
+ Recent projects submenu in Project menu
+ Auto-open on last project (if not closed with no project)
+ Help page about texturing mods
+ New, better icons for some things
+ Improved many dialogs and parts of the interface
If you didn't try 2.B subversions, then there's also a ton of new bugfixes for you.
2.B.2 : 07/18/2013 3:04:18 pm7/18/13
* darker transparent background for fonts
* fixed some minor bugs
2B : 07/18/2013 12:23:25 pm7/18/13
* Really fixed the bugs in Windows
* Replaced unicode characters with escapes, so it doesn't write weird letters to screen
+ Improved image preview to use checkered background like GIMP for transparency
+ Added new Quick Guide pages
* Fixed a lot of stuff.
2A : 07/18/2013 10:01:38 am7/18/13
* Maybe fixed problems on Windows, such as not working "open project folder", "edit" etc.
* Fixed bugs in URI / File handling
* Fixed a NullPointer crash randomly occuring in TreeDisplay
* Windows now use JDialog instead of JXFrame = more stable and reliable behavior
+ Context-menu & Preview panel now have button to import replacement for a file
+ Added preview box for sound files (edit and replace buttons)
+ Added more config options regarding editors (open dialog from Options menu)
+ Smarter behavior when copying files to project (auto-set PROJECT as source)
+ When deleting files from project, source PROJECT is replaced with INHERIT
+ Various code clean-ups and fixes
+ HelpĂ˘†’Show runtime log
Join us to post comments.