[TOOL] ResourcePack Workbench v.3.8.5 - Resource Pack Creator | UPDATED FOR 1.7.4, new features!
51,258Views, 174 today
- 11,475Downloads, 49 today
Get Embed Code
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Posted 07/17/13 10:44:41 am , last updated: 02/15/14 2:24:06 pm
>>> Read changelog, so you know what's new!
What it can do?
- It's a tool for creating Resource Packs.
- RPW can remix packs, create new packs, edit old ones.
- You can add custom sounds, edit texts, images, sounds etc.
- One-click image/audio editing using GIMP/Audacity or other application of choice
- Uses a powerful tree structure model, great for combining packs.
- RPW can mute sound files
- You can see a demonstration of how easy it is to make packs here:
The Making Of SausageCraft - Modding with ResourcePacks
- [ TIP ] To convert your sounds to OGG, you can try online converter Media.IO
- To run RPW, you need Java 6+ and Minecraft 1.6.2+.
- To use old packs (texture packs), you must first convert them with Unstitcher and Texture Ender (see Minecraft Wiki for info)
How to run it
- On some systems, just mark the jar as executable and double-click it.
- If it doesn't work, right click it and select Open with Java (JRE)
- Command line option: java -jar RPW.jar
Configuring the file editors (Images, Audio, Text)
- The application was built in Linux, and the "edit" buttons are set up to use GIMP, Audacity and Kate.
- When used on Windows or Mac, the editors are installed somewhere else, so this won't work.
- RPW will first try the configured editor, and if it fails, it opens your default associated program.
- Editors can be configured in Options > Configure editors.
If you like the tool, you can support me with a small donation (even $1 makes difference):
( DONATE WITH PAYPAL )
You can also follow me on twitter:
( Follow @MightyPork )
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7.4|
|Tags:||Editor, ResourcePack, Tool, Java, Program|
3.8.5 : 02/15/2014 2:24:06 pm2/15/14
- Smarter exporting to Minecraft
- Extract dialog now offers only valid versions
- "Mods Found" dialog now has scrollbar and shows real mod names
- Fixed some resource leaks & other bugs
v.3.8.4 : 02/11/2014 6:17:24 pm2/11/14
- You can now create project from pack
- Basic editing of models and shaders (14w06b)
- Remake of many dialogs
- Added GitHub bug reporting
- Fixed: "Save As" doesn't work
- Fixed: some crashes in image loader
- Fixed: external editors unable to save (Windows)
v3.8.3 : 12/08/2013 6:34:02 am12/08/13
- Fixed bug in export routine
- Possibly better support for Windows
- Added scrolling log window
- Last 10 runtime logs are now archived
- New icons in alert dialogs
If you find a bug, report it please!
3.8.2 : 11/25/2013 5:22:08 am11/25/13
v3.8.0 : 11/24/2013 6:06:05 am11/24/13
There's also a big change in the main menu, save system and everything is more polished and smoother.
It's not tested on Windows or Mac yet, so inform me if you find a bug.
- Added support for custom sounds
- Save mechanism made more reliable
- New Guide Book
- Main menu overhaul
- Many important bugfixes
3.7 : 11/12/2013 4:10:04 am11/12/13
3.6 : 11/04/2013 4:43:49 am11/04/13
* fixed a bug caused by a duplicate sounds folder in MC resources (Mojang, you suck)
* reorganized some assets in the fancy tree (blocks and items mostly)
* fixed "Export to MC" to also set it as the current pack
+ added menu command "Open project folder"
+ added update notifications (fetches a text file with version from my Dropbox :D)
+ fixed two resource leaks
3.5 : 08/09/2013 4:03:27 pm8/09/13
* Fixed crash in some unofficial Java version (NPE caused by "invokeAndWait")
+ Added "included_files" folder to project for output ZIP injection
-> If you add any files to this folder, they will be packed to the output zip
To see the folder, ckick the "open" icon in the right sidebar.
3.4 : 08/02/2013 8:34:09 pm8/02/13
3.3 : 07/31/2013 4:01:31 am7/31/13
* Fixed ordering of lowercase and uppercase letters in some dialogs
* Text preview now auto-scrolls to top (was bottom before)
* Side-panel now shows real file name above the preview.
* Side-panel's size and layout shouldn't change when changing previewed item
* Improved shortcuts (F3 = log, Ctrl+T = Project Summary)
* Re-ordered menus and context menu to be more intuitive and easier to control
+ Added built-in ".mcmeta" editor with code templates
+ Added built-in text editor with a integrated list of formatting codes
+ All code editors have proper syntax highlighting
+ Built-in editors can be enabled/disabled using the "Configure Editors" dialog
New context-menu commands
+ "Assign resolved, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Copy to project, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Delete '.mcmeta' files from project"
+ "Open in editor"
+ "Edit '.mcmeta' file"
+ Vanilla import now supports ".ini", ".properties" and ".cfg" (used by some mods)
+ Added "Project Summary" dialog with a list of files that would be exported
+ It's now possible to add ".mcmeta" to files that weren't animated before
+ Added a help page about ".mcmeta"
3.2 : 07/27/2013 7:06:46 pm7/27/13
It's strongly recommended to upgrade.
3.1 : 07/19/2013 7:44:31 pm7/19/13
YOU MUST RE-IMPORT YOUR LIBRARY PACKS
FOR THIS FIX TO HAVE EFFECT!
+ "Manage projects" and "Manage library" dialogs now allow
multiselect for easier deleting (try CTRL and SHIFT)
+ Added "Manage packs in MC" dialog - good for deleting junk
created with "Export to MC";
3 : 07/19/2013 3:21:27 pm7/19/13
* Fixed visual glitches in the side panel with preview and project info
* Fixed flickering tree table, making the tree labels to disappear
* Grand code cleanup and purification
+ Import button in Manage Library dialog
+ Recent projects submenu in Project menu
+ Auto-open on last project (if not closed with no project)
+ Help page about texturing mods
+ New, better icons for some things
+ Improved many dialogs and parts of the interface
If you didn't try 2.B subversions, then there's also a ton of new bugfixes for you.
2.B.2 : 07/18/2013 3:04:18 pm7/18/13
* darker transparent background for fonts
* fixed some minor bugs
2B : 07/18/2013 12:23:25 pm7/18/13
* Replaced unicode characters with escapes, so it doesn't write weird letters to screen
+ Improved image preview to use checkered background like GIMP for transparency
+ Added new Quick Guide pages
* Fixed a lot of stuff.
2A : 07/18/2013 10:01:38 am7/18/13
* Maybe fixed problems on Windows, such as not working "open project folder", "edit" etc.
* Fixed bugs in URI / File handling
* Fixed a NullPointer crash randomly occuring in TreeDisplay
* Windows now use JDialog instead of JXFrame = more stable and reliable behavior
+ Context-menu & Preview panel now have button to import replacement for a file
+ Added preview box for sound files (edit and replace buttons)
+ Added more config options regarding editors (open dialog from Options menu)
+ Smarter behavior when copying files to project (auto-set PROJECT as source)
+ When deleting files from project, source PROJECT is replaced with INHERIT
+ Various code clean-ups and fixes
+ Helpo Show runtime log
Join us to post comments.