Bombardier! - A Minecraft PvP minigame with endless spawning TNT!
|Minecraft World Save|
1,620Views, 4 today
- 496Downloads, 0 today
Get Embed Code
Level 47 : Master Engineer
Posted 08/09/12 8:53:50 pm , last updated: 08/15/12 1:32:51 pm
Using the new 1.3.1 custom Spawners, I decided to try my hand at making a minigame involving infinite TNT - this is it, and I hope you enjoy!
Right, here's the rules:
2-6 players, 2 teams (2v2 works best)
Difficulty: Hard (play in the day, or with mobs off!)
- Each team member must wear a suit of their colour armour (shoes missing from Chain to provide equal protection)
- Teams pass through the door into the entry chamber
- On a count of 3, all players must jump into the arena
- Standing on a bedrock square will drop TNT in the same square on the opponent's side
- Hanging around in one place on the arena will drop a TNT on the closest Eye(s) of Ender, so keep moving!
- Try to kill your enemy by blowing them up, or off of the map!
- A player falling off of the map will result in a 'lightning round', one huge wave of TNT. Watch your back, front, everything!
- The team with the last surviving player is the winner!
About the spawners: As of release 1.3.1 (yes, yes, I know it was in a snapshot), you can now slap a whole bunch o'shtuffs in a chest, and choose the location and velocity of the spawn. However, for a simpleton such as myself, these things are an absolute nightmare to work with, so much trial and error involved. I'm currently in the process of throwing together an idiot-proof guide in order to help more people come up with uses for these things, because so far, I've seen very few! It's a shame really, when you look at all the options, there's got to be some crazy new usage of these things hidden in there, somewhere. Unfortunately, the nature of a spawner's Player detection is completely unchangable (to my knowledge, anyway - please, PLEASE prove me wrong!), so this map does have a few... quirks. The destructive nature of TNT doesn't exactly help, either, so if you find yourself on top of the map, be a man and jump back in! :D
As this is my first map, I feel inclined to do the ol', "Hey, you checked out my map, you must have good taste, let's check out your stuff!" routine ;)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy!
|Tags:||TNT, Spawner, Mob, Monster, Bombardier, Custom, 131, Minecraft, Explosion, Bedrock, Minigame, Pvp, Fight, Arena, Battle|
Update #2 : 08/15/2012 1:32:51 pm8/15/12
If anyone happens to see this, new map tomorrow :D
Update #1 : 08/10/2012 5:49:41 am8/10/12
Join us to post comments.