The Zone (Chernobyl Exclusion Zone)
|Minecraft World Save|
68,995Views, 86 today
- 20,288Downloads, 32 today
- 440 Comments
- 63 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 49 : Master Architect
The Download link on the right now points to a page instead of a file - That page contains multiple mirrors to avoid downtime.
Time Lapse with GLSL Shaders
Welcome to The Zone, Stalker...
This map is based on the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
The actual area of The Zone is 1,004 square miles - This map is only a 42 square mile chunk of that.
Want more Information about The Zone?
The world includes Pripyat an abandoned city next to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. Wiki.
I'm aiming to create a 1:1 scale model of the city (or as close as possible to scale)
|Tags:||Pripyat, Chernobyl, CNPP, Ukraine, STALKER, Ghost Town, Abandoned, Environment, Landscaping|
|Credit:||Source and Reference material from Google Earth and S.T.A.L.K.E.R|
Note: Showing last 25 of 32 logs.
Update #32 : 10/03/2014 6:03:52 pm10/03/14
No change log - Too many changes.
Update #31 : 09/09/2014 11:59:42 am9/09/14
I left the macro running lastnight to see how long it would take - about 200,000 chunks in 12 hours. 3375000 chunks minimum before I release (about half the map)
Only about 3,175,000 chunks left to fix. The Math says 180 hours of running the macro and I should be done.
If I keep running it 12 hours a day then It'll be fixed in 15 days. I'll see if I can let it run for a week straight...
Update #30 : 09/07/2014 5:47:55 pm9/07/14
1.8 release is still delayed. It seems like I loaded my 1.8 map in an earlier version and all the new blocks disappeared. All the double tall grass on the level has completely disappeared. I know for a fact that I never downgraded because I never downgrade. Blame Mojang.
Just double checked with backups that definitely had tall grass. As soon as I load them with 1.8 it all disappears and leaves lighting glitches in every chunk. How do I fix hundreds/thousands of chunks?
Update #29 : 08/16/2014 1:34:53 pm8/16/14
Development is suspended until I get a new drive.
Update #28 : 07/03/2014 9:53:19 am7/03/14
Did I skip 1.7?
So I forgot to do a release for 1.7... I think. Sorry about that but at least I'm making progress so all is good.
Random textures!! Roads already look 100% better.
Random rotation on some textures
Random detail textures.
Furnace modelled to look like campfire (1 bug needs to be fixed - Animated fire texture transparency doesn't work on the furnace model. It works on others... maybe minecraft bug?)
bed modelled to look like a tent. maybe not permanent change. I'll still have to replace the beds on the map with something else.
Due to new sponge functionality I had to replace all the sponge blocks (sandbags) and replace them. Sandbags are now the Red Sand block as It wasn't in use on my map.
North Swamps - Zaton and Yanov. Fauna, Details, Buildings.
Pripyat - buildings and details.
Old Yantar basic buildings and layout.
dead city details
limansk details (still missing a lot of buildings)
Emission machine at the center of the zone.
some old sounds updated.
new atmospheric sounds.
Chickens are invisible and make ambient bird sounds.
Animated grass textures.
Video's and screenshots coming this week. or when the snapshot stops crashing.
Update #27 : 11/15/2013 9:33:45 am11/15/13
2 New Resource Packs Uploaded. One is a Texture Pack and the other is a Sound Pack - I've separated them because the sound folder was getting pretty big.
MOVED THE SPAWN POINT (it's now at the centre of the zone. Coordinates 0, 0, 0)
Area's I've worked on in this update.
- All the Swamps
- Limansk Bridge
- Pripyat Underground
- Pripyat Street lights
- Chernobyl Control Room
- Wilderness (Map edges/wilderness areas)
A NEW MAP IS BEING UPLOADED. The Next Update Log will contain a link. Until then, You'll spawn at the centre of the world. Go South for Chernobyl, North-West for Pripyat and South West for S.T.A.L.K.E.R areas.
Update #26 : 10/21/2013 2:13:03 am10/21/13
I wrote a filter to check over the entire world and add grass to all 450,000 chunks
I wrote another filter to check over the entire world for grass and randomly add the new double tall grass.
possible ferns and double ferns - it takes 12 hours to run the macro for each of these so it depends how much time i have.
possible vines - i still need to write that filter (or if anybody knows of one. let me know)
Update #25 : 07/17/2013 11:46:14 pm7/17/13
New areas exist... go find them
here's a map!
The resource pack is also updated. Only 64x64 is available at the moment.
(if you don't like the new mob sounds feel free to delete them)
If you can't find something or if you want to get around the map quickly teleport yourself to 0,60,0 (/tp 0,60,0) for a room full of teleporters.
Update #24 : 05/26/2013 7:16:19 pm5/26/13
If you've been having problems downloading the file lately try the Dropbox links. The dropbox account has 20GB a day allowance (that's approx 60 downloads)
Website updated to include an extra mirror because of so many downloads Im working on adding more ASAP.
Ive been working on the world and some new and updated things in the next upload
- Dead City
- Old Swamp
- Abandoned Hospital
- More Red Forest
- Ive probably forgotten something
The next update will be slightly behind the 1.6 (Horse Update) I need to go through the map and replace all the wool with stained clay and MCedit isnt helping so I need to write a filter or something.
Update #22 : 04/09/2013 9:49:16 am4/09/13
only download available is DropBox - I know a few people have problems with it but there's no other option.
Update #21 : 03/21/2013 3:32:50 pm3/21/13
Here are some chunky renders:
Update #20 : 03/13/2013 5:42:12 am3/13/13
Check this little album for the most recent images. also the x64 texture pack
Update #19 : 02/11/2013 8:40:25 pm2/11/13
- Underground Surprises!
- more of Pripyat City and the surrounding area has been completed.
- Started the Great Swamp.
- Added tunnel connecting swamp with Cordon.
- Clear Sky base completed.
- A few swamp settlements, church, etc. (7 settlements left to build)
- Yantar is has fun things for you to find!
- Dark Valley Completed...
Massive block replacement. (Separated Concrete wall block from stone floor block.
Road textures darkened and Marble blocks are now poured concrete.)
Texture pack is currently 64x64 but I'll make a new 16x16 for release. some animated textures already completed.
after the Great Swamp i'm moving to the Call Of Pripyat area to start on those swamps near the city :)
new areas in planning:
- Dead City
- Bridge over river Pripyat
Update #18 : 11/29/2012 9:58:25 am11/29/12
The Download Link will be updated asap.
New Locations include:
Yantar, Darkscape, Wild Territory, Red Forest and more!!
Update #17 : 11/28/2012 9:05:08 pm11/28/12
New world has been cleaned up a bit and it's still a work in progress. Downloading link will be updated with the new map as soon as a I find a suitable file host.
Update #16 : 11/06/2012 1:33:43 pm11/06/12
- Removed straight boring roads and recreated them.
- Work started on Wild Territory.
- Work started on Yantar.
- Work started on Dark Valley.
- Work started on The Great Swamp.
- Red Forest tweaked.
- Existing buildings updated with some new blocks
- Loads of small tweaks and adjustments
- Texture pack updated for high quality paintings/murals
Updated Download Coming Soon
Update #15 : 08/01/2012 12:58:16 pm8/01/12
Update #14 : 08/01/2012 10:49:12 am8/01/12
- Confirmed the world is working fine with 1.3
- Adding new pictures to the project page.
- Download Link Removed while the new world (253mb) is uploaded ETA 1-2 hours
- I will confirm the on the Update Log (this) when the download is complete.
- The texture pack IS NOT part of the world download. I separated it from the world so you don't have to download the world just to get the texture pack.
Update #13 : 07/31/2012 9:23:50 pm7/31/12
- Changed the Entire map to the Swamp Biome because minecraft is way too colourful.
- The area around Chernobyl is Desert Biome (I wanted Red Forest but Pine trees don't change colour... (so i'll need to swap the leaves)
- Planted so many Trees. Thanks to my fiancée for helping plant some forests (It was done by hand because the tools i'd usually use haven't been updated for 1.3 yet.. obviously)
- Duga-3 south of Chernobyl (moved closer to the power plant so I wouldn't have to try and extend the map)
I'm having issues (chunks not aligning) with the world because my system doesn't have enough memory for World Painter to smooth out some of the imported terrain.
Not sure what time i'll be releasing the next build. within the next 12 hours I imagine...
Update #12 : 07/29/2012 1:35:44 pm7/29/12
Progress meter altered from 25% to 35%
- Call of Pripyat height maps imported (2 areas North west of Pripyat)
- Agroprom and area almost complete.
- Darkscape area added between Dark Valley and Cordon.
- Cordon Rookie Village added
that's all for now... I'm still working on things. There's still a lot of work to do with the roads and rails to make everything connected
Update #11 : 07/17/2012 9:21:48 pm7/17/12
- Project renamed to more accurately describe the content.
- Progress meter altered from 75% to 25% to reflect the new landmass and work load needed to make it playable.
Update #10 : 07/17/2012 12:23:18 am7/17/12
Update #9 : 07/12/2012 7:04:53 pm7/12/12
- Generated a new world with WorldPainter
- "The Zone of Exclusion" based on a map of the Ukraine
- Moved the build to the new world
- Altered height map of the Ukraine to include height maps of locations from S.T.A.L.K.E.R
The new world is approx 1.6GB - If you want it purely for Pripyat or Chernobyl you can load it up in MCedit and delete all the chunks you don't need.
This is a map of the new world (a few days old so recent constructions are missing)
The new world uses blocks that are not available in 1.2 so the world download WILL NOT be update until 1.3 is out.
Update #8 : 06/02/2012 9:24:19 am6/02/12
Join us to post comments.