LIST OF PROGRESSION
ÃÃÃÃÂ Since my departure i have been working heavily on the lower saucer decks. Now first off i should state that i am using an older map file, mainly becauseÃÃÃÃÂ this was prior to a lot of changes i didn't like and partly cause i don't have to give credit to everyone who place ONE block on the ship and many of themÃÃÃÃÂ did just place one single block. As i will be going over the entire ship myself this shouldn't be a problem cause much of that work will be redone or undone.
ÃÃÃÃÂ Due to complications like this computer not handling the whole ship so well, no lighting in many places, no scrolling for the paintings and water flowingÃÃÃÃÂ all over the damn place the work is slow going. On top of this i am also putting thought into some changes we had during the orig teams time like differentÃÃÃÃÂ wall patterns in various locations around the ship. When we started most of the ship was sand/obsidian/sand but we also had spots in the ship that were solidÃÃÃÃÂ gray, light and dark as well as black. This was to signify different sections, i have already started impliminting a specific pattern for cargo and shuttleÃÃÃÃÂ bays as well as a new pattern for the not so used sections of the ship.
ÃÃÃÃÂ First off you will understand that some sections of the ship are well occupied like the bridge decks and the quarter area's. they should feel warm and inviting,ÃÃÃÃÂ homely as it were, but some sections of the ship see very little traffic like decks with nothing but equipment and machinery, this is what i am aiming for. I haveÃÃÃÃÂ also started putting some color in the hallway floors, i wont be using an alternating color but different colors depending on the part. for the lower areas i amÃÃÃÃÂ going with a light gray/dark gray pattern but the main quarter decks i may do blue and something else, command decks will have red and something else, prob a grayÃÃÃÃÂ for most of these. on top of these changes i have many hallways that were once gray or black walls that are being changed to these patterns not only cause of theÃÃÃÃÂ look but the lighting issues that still haven't been fixed in the minetrek version, there is also a lot of water in the turbo lifts still....
ÃÃÃÃÂ I have come across two main flaws in our orig design, one hallway that was suppose to be a turbo lift and one two story room that should have only been one. ReallyÃÃÃÃÂ that's up for debate but it made sense to me just to cut it down. Now as i started working in the lower section i came up with the new shuttle/cargo bay wall designÃÃÃÃÂ but i got side tracked many a time correcting turbo lift passages and hallway walls behind the cargo bay walls, so i have been jumping all over the bottom threeÃÃÃÃÂ decks of the saucer. Another change i found that i did not like was what ever was done to the top detention blocks there, in the show each cell was just one room butÃÃÃÃÂ someone went and made two in each one with a bathroom, it looked like crap and did not match what we saw in the show or on the blueprints. Because of this, severalÃÃÃÃÂ other changes and work constantly being stopped for (what i saw as) nothing more then piss poor reasons i have decided to go this alone. so on to the change log...
1) i have implimented several new wall patterns that will be used all over the ship depending on their purpose.
2) all turbolifts in this area have been changed to the Atrocities design and still many more to go :(
3) i have started fixing all gray and black walls in the lower saucer to fix lighting issues.
4) redesigned the aquatics access points to get into and take them out of the main tanks.
5) a lot of crane work in the main cargo bays to move things around.ÃÃÃÃÂ
6) also put in lighting on the ceiling of cargo bays 1 & 2.
7) also started laying out storage space for containers & such in the main cargo areas & smaller upper cargo bay spaces next to lifts.
8) updated main lifts that go from top of saucer to bottom.
9) gave the cargo transporter an update.
10) changed emergency batteries on deck 16 to life boat monitering like they should have been. BAD LOAKEY! (yes i did that :/)
11) updated lower cargo bay spaces on deck 16 and layed out spaces, filled in.
12) did both airlocks, corrected captains yacht access points, and rooms to entry points on deck 16.
13) did the tractor beam stuff & lounge on deck 16.
14) changed all hallway walls on deck 16.
15) redid whole captains yacht, while changing the entry points into it i went ahead and redid the inside, now closer to max crew capacity.
ÃÃÃÃÂ (the entry points in the yacht were changed during v1 due to limitations, i have since corrected this to put em back where the BP's say they should be)
15) did upper captains yacht area on deck 15, equipment.
16) redesigned a couple life boats, aquatics and human alone. the aquatics seem we missed a deck layer which allowed me to add humans to their's incase of emergency.
17) new three level boats for humans with overhead storage for rations, valuables or whatnot.
18) removed much of the water from the turbolifts but still many more to go.
19) somewhere in there i managed to set fire to the ship once messing about with lava in the computer core. For this reason i am strongly considering replacing allÃÃÃÃÂ lava with nether rack instead and worry about the texture later on. i still like the idea of using it but i am not willing to worry about server hosting and pluginsÃÃÃÃÂ just to make it safe. I'd rather just use something else in its place that is safe for single player since many will be accessing it that way.
20) floor patterns in hallways are changing from solid white to two different colors of wool depending on what is on that deck, habitable areas will get a blueÃÃÃÃÂ outline, equipment areas will get gray, and others have yet to be decided. but it will look more like the show in the end.
21) i cut off access to the captains yacht from the lounge on deck 16, tho doors could go there with force fields i choose to just not worry about it as it doesn't
look like they were suppose to be there on the blueprints.
ÃÃÃÃÂ There may have been more changes i forgot to list but you get the jest of it, work is still going on and all over the damn place however i am trying very hard toÃÃÃÃÂ stick in one area till the work is completed before moving on. I tend to jump from one thing to another as i move from place to place, in this manor i may not haveÃÃÃÃÂ a deck finished in a short time but you can garentee that i may finish up two decks at a time when i get to everything.
ÃÃÃÃÃÂ Pictures to come shortly. <link removed>
ÃÃÂ After looking into the blueprints into large area's for different purposes i have started pulling up snapshots from the show to see the different wall patterns behind the actors. i have come to the conclusion that perhaps they should be redone. Decks 1-7 will remain as the default pattern but 18-16 will alternate to a different one, decks 17-20 are mostly crew quarters and will remain default unless i find an image otherwise. 21-30 will go with a new pattern and 31-35 are again crew quarters so default, then lastly 36-42 which i may use the pattern I'm doing in the bottom of the saucer. My idea is to alternate one or two or maybe even three different patterns depending on if your in a community like area that may be warm and inviting or if its some far corner of the ship people rarely access for repairs on few occasions.