Paper Cut-Out [supports 14w19]
Get Embed Code
Level 75 : Legendary Blockhead
for Minecraft 1.7.9 (and 14w19)
Now Available, in Paper Cut-Out style...
- Werewolf Engineer/Miner
- Paper Bard
** To use this pack with Minecraft 1.3 or earlier, delete the files "mob/zombie.png", "mob/pigzombie.png", "mob/wolf_tame.png", "armor/cloth_1.png", and "armor/cloth_2.png" from the texture pack zip file. You can replace them with copies from Paper Cut-Out 1.24 or earlier if you want.
** To use this pack with Minecraft 1.2.5 or earlier, delete the file "gui/allitems.png" from the texture pack zip file and optionally rename "gui/allitems-1.2.5.png" to "gui/allitems.png".
Many people have made paper cut-outs that look like objects from Minecraft, but now you can reverse that and make Minecraft look like paper cut-outs! This pack uses shading to make the textures look like cut, folded, and overlapping paper. In addition to these 3D effects, the textures also have just a little papery roughness, but not so much as to be "noisy".
.. CUSTOMIZE IT! ..
Want the original square ore designs from the early days of Paper Cut-Out? You got it! Want all the wool to have the same pattern? You're in control! You can change these textures and more by downloading add-on packs below. Just download the add-on packs you want in addition to the main Paper Cut-Out pack. After placing them all in Minecraft's "resourcepacks" folder, go to the resource pack screen in Minecraft and put your preferred add-on packs above the main Paper Cut-Out pack in the Selected Resource Packs list.
Alternate Texture Add-On Packs:
- Standard Status Icons : status effect icons that are closer to the Minecraft defaults.
- Square Ores : the square ore designs from the first versions of Paper Cut-Out.
- Frameless Resource Blocks : iron/diamond/etc blocks that have no frame around the edge.
- Brickless Metals : gold and iron blocks without the "brick" pattern.
- Flat Dirt : dirt and stone textures that are flat except for just a little papery roughness.
- Traditional Items : item icons with a more traditional icon style.
- Wool - All Diamond : every color of wool has the diamond pattern.
- Wool - All Stripe : every color of wool has the stripe pattern.
- Wool - All Weave : every color of wool has the weave pattern.
Also check out TaLasyPorta's Pocket Edition Port
I occasionally have polls to decide what texture designs to use in Paper Cut-Out. These help me choose what should be in the main pack, and the alternate texture designs are generally available as add-on packs (see above).
.. VOTE FOR STATUS ICONS ..
I've customized all the status effect icons, and you have your choice of two styles...
Simplified icons to make it easier to see your buffs and debuffs at a glance. Buffs are aqua in color. Debuffs are violet.
Very similar to the default Minecraft icons but with a paper cut-out style.
Vote for your favorite in the comments!
.. Simple: 32 votes .. .. Standard: 27 votes ..
To use the "simple" icons, open the texture pack zip file, go to the folder "assets/minecraft/textures/gui/container" and rename "alt-inventory-simple.png" to "inventory.png".
.. VOTE FOR TERRAIN ..
I'm trying out some new terrain textures. My first attempt was Terrain2 below. It felt a little off, so I refined it to get Terrain3, which is a balance between Terrain2 and the original Terrain1. Terrain3 keeps the grass from Terrain1 and uses a reduced-contrast version of the stone from Terrain2. In the most recent update I also changed the dirt for Terrain3 to a subtle weave pattern that's a little different from my previous update. Here's what all three look like...
Terrain 1 (click for full image)
Terrain 2 (click for full image)
Terrain 3 (click for full image)
I'm holding a vote to help decide which should be the default. Share your preference in the comments.
Voting Results: .. Terrain1: 5 votes .. .. Terrain2: 3 votes .. .. Terrain3: 11 votes ..
.. NEW ICONS ..
After having a public vote, I made the 'paper-style icons' the default for this pack, but you can still get the 'traditional icons' by following these instructions...
To use the traditional icons open the texture pack zip file, delete "gui/items.png" and rename "gui/items-traditional.png" to "gui/items.png". Or if you want to mix-and-match, be sure to check out the customizer.
Icon Voting Results: .. Traditional: 32 votes .. .. PaperStyle: 49 votes ..
.. NEW ORES ..
After having a public vote, I made the 'new ores' the default for this pack, but you can still get the 'square ores' by following these instructions...
To use the original "square" ore textures, open the texture pack zip file, delete "terrain.png" and rename "terrain-square-ores.png" to "terrain.png". Or if you want to mix-and-match, be sure to check out the customizer.
You can see a comparison between the two kinds of ores in the screenshot gallery.
Ore Voting Results: .. SquareOres: 29 votes .. .. NewOres: 87 votes ..
... VIDEOS ...
*** Top 5 by TheMinecraftS4UCE ***
TheMinecraftS4UCE features Paper Cut-Out in his Top 5 video. The video is really well done and uses great looking shaders. Check it out!
*** Review by Danté Solablood ***
Danté Solablood has posted a detailed video review of Paper Cut-Out. The version of the pack he has is a few months old and missing the new textures, but it's still a good video to get a feel for the pack. The video is really well done. Take a look!
*** Review by CocoSmackdown! ***
CocoSmackdown started using Paper Cut-Out in his CocoCraft series shortly after I first released it. He's always been an enthusiastic supporter of the pack and has now posted a new Paper Cut-Out review. He does a really thorough job of covering almost every texture.
*** Spotlight by BlackNinja ***
BlackNinja has a nice video showing off many of the textures in Paper Cut-Out including the Wither boss. Check it out and while your there you may want to watch some of his other Minecraft videos too.
*** Featured on Minecraft Monday! ***
BepobVox featured Paper Cut-Out in episode 87 of Minecraft Monday. Be sure to check it out. Remember to give a thumbs up if you like it, and subscribe if you want to keep up with Minecraft and gaming news.
**** ChaoticShadow24 Shows PCO with ****
**** Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders! ***
ChaoticShadow24 has a video series on youtube using the Paper Cut-Out texture pack. In episode 5 and episode 11 he also uses Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders. I hadn't seen the two used together before. The smooth lighting of the shaders works really well with the style of the Paper Cut-Out texture pack.
*** Builds by HaWkzGamer ***
HaWkzGamer does some really nice Minecraft builds and has been using Paper Cut-Out for many of his videos. Here are a few... Church, Priest Tower, Graveyard, Nether Bridge.
*** Review by obikenobi27 ***
PMC member obikenobi27 has a video covering a wide range of the textures in Paper Cut-Out. Take a look. In addition to the usual blocks, he also covers mobs, armor, the user interface, and more.
*** Updated Paper Cut-Out Spotlight by SuperVampirates ***
SuperVampirates did one of the first videos of Paper Cut-Out. Now he's back with a new video[url]. Check it out.[/url] He does a good job of covering almost every texture.
*** Robotix Reviews Paper Cut-Out ***
Robotix has a review of the Paper Cut-Out texture pack on his Youtube channel. Take a look, especially if you're interested in seeing the "traditional" item icons. He uses those in the video. (I accidentally made them the default in version 1.42 of the texture pack. :) )
... EXTRAS ...
*** TaLasyPorta's Excellent Pocket Edition Port ***
TaLasyPorta has ported Paper Cut-Out to Minecraft Pocket Edition. You can download the current version from his forum post.
*** SpAnser's Mod Textures ***
PMC Member SpAnser has created paper-style versions of the GUIs and ores for some popular mods. Give them a try! Here's a summary of the changes.
- Ores ( RedPower, IC2, Forestry, Thermal Expansion )
- Iron Chests Mod
- GUI ( Buildcraft, IC2, Iron Chests )
- Partial GUI ( Forestry )
*** ANIMATED TEXTURES by neowolfhowls ***
neowolfhowls added awesome animation to some textures including ores (based on the original square ores), redstone items, and item icons. You can download the TEXTURES here and check out his VIDEO here. To use the animated textures, copy the files from his zip file into the paper cut-out texture pack zip file. You need to have Optifine or MCPatcher to see the animations.
*** Quote's Take on Paper Cut-Out ***
PMC member Quote made a variation on Paper Cut-Out that is available on his Tumblr site. You can download it there and also see screenshots.
NOTE: If you would like to post your own variation on Paper Cut-Out, contact me first.
*** Official Textures of Colinh68's Left4Dead Map ***
Colinh68's Left4Dead adventure map was created with Paper Cut-Out in mind. Give it a try!
*** Official Textures of the CocoMod ***
CocoSmackdown uses this texture pack for the CocoMod and the CocoCraft series. The default textures of the mod are ones I created for Coco to match this texture pack. The textures in the initial release of the mod do not include my latest updates, but if you download the latest version of Paper Cut-Out, it includes the newest textures for the CocoMod.
*** Pocket Edition Pack by bellowdeath123 ***
bellowdeath123 is working on porting Paper Cut-Out to Minecraft Pocket Edition. You can download the current version from his blog post.
- most icons
- most mobs
- user interfaces (GUI)
- HUD ... hot bar, health, etc
- particles ... smoke, fireworks, etc
- some paintings
- environment ... moon, rain, etc
- animated water, lava, and portal
- item views ... map, inside pumpkin
- other items ... chests, minecarts, XP orbs, etc
- mojang splash screen
- more icons.
- more mobs. (A few are still copied from BitKnit or just default.)
- more paintings.
- maybe title graphic.
- support for more mods.
- Random Mobs (included with MCPatcher and Optifine)
- Connected Textures (included with MCPatcher and Optifine)
Planned Mod Support:
(I plan to add support for these requested mods, but I'm focusing on the regular Minecraft textures first. Also, some of these mods are outdated and need to be removed from the list.)
- Assorted Wildlife
- FTB / Tekkit / BTB
- Mo' Creatures
- Tale of Kingdoms
- Better than Wolves
- The Legend of Notch
- Elemental Arrows
- Jammy Furniture Mod
** The screenshots of the windmill were taken using the amazing Celestia world save.
** Some of the other screenshots are from Novv's Medieval Building Bundle.
** Also check out lynchyinc's excellent Medieval/Fantasy Bundle.
Thanks everyone for your comments, feedback and encouragement. I generally only respond to comments when I have something useful to say, so don't feel bad if I don't respond to yours. I read all the comments and appreciate them!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
You are encouraged to use this texture pack in videos and Minecraft builds/maps. You may also redistribute the texture pack. In either case, just provide credit with a link to the Paper Cut-Out planetminecraft page (http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/paper-cut-out/). If you distribute this texture pack, keep it in its original form and do not distribute it along with malware or other malicious content.
If you wish to distribute an altered version of the pack or use it commercially, please contact me for permission via my "superalgae" account at planetminecraft.com. The following commercial uses do not require specific permission as long as clear credit plus a link to the Paper Cut-Out planetminecraft page are provided...
- A website that mirrors the file for download may profit from that hosting service.
- A video that uses the textures may generate profit as long as viewers are not legally forbidden from saving and copying the video for personal use or "fair use" activities. Such a video may have barriers to prevent download/copying, but no legal action may be taken against someone for bypassing those barriers.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7.8|
|Tags:||Paper, Paperboard, Cardboard, Cutout, Smooth, Shaded, Shadow, Shadowbox, Experimental, Terrain, Items, GUI, Misc, Particles, Armor, Art, Mobs, Font, Environment|
|Credit:||Mojang for Minecraft and its default textures|
Note: Showing last 25 of 82 logs.
Paintings, Connected Textures for Stained Glass : 05/11/2014 4:26:29 am5/11/14
- Customize six more paintings. They follow a theme of monsters and angels.
- Add Connected Textures support for stained glass.
- Make stone texture more pronounced.
Chicken, Silverfish, Gravel ... : 03/23/2014 12:15:21 pm3/23/14
- Customize icons for saddle, repeater and comparator.
- Customize chicken and silverfish.
- Make gravel more realistic.
- Make stone texture more subtle.
- Make obsidian look less knitted.
- Make smooth granite, diorite and andesite fit the paper cut-out style better.
- Make the noise/roughness on the lapis block more subtle.
Status Effect Particles, Trapdoor, Clock, Anvil, Sandstone, Reeds : 02/15/2014 4:37:07 pm2/15/14
- Customize the status effect particles. I use a minimalistic texture to make the particles less distracting when there's an effect on you.
- Customize iron trapdoor added in the snapshot.
- Make clock coloring more muted.
- Update the anvil. Thanks to neowolfhowls for making the texture that I've been using until now.
- Update sandstone top to have a more subtle pattern.
- Update reed coloring to blend better with the biome colors.
- Fix the file for standard status icons that is included in the main download.
Fire and Clock Animations! : 02/01/2014 2:29:08 pm2/01/14
- Custom papery fire animation.
- Custom clock animation.
Voting Result, Add-on Packs, Packed Ice, ... : 01/25/2014 11:05:44 am1/25/14
- Voting Result: I made the simple status effect icons the default. They were a little ahead in votes. Also, since the "standard" icons are so similar to the regular Minecraft icons, if I made those the default, then people might just blindly accept them and miss out on the other options.
- I created separately downloadable packs for alternate textures such as the "standard status icons". You can put these above the base Paper Cut-Out pack in Minecraft's resource pack selection screen.
- Make the simple status icon for jump boost be just and upward arrow with a bit of a motion effect.
- Customize packed ice.
- Make the iron block texture in the "brickless metals" alternate texture add-on pack look more balanced.
- Make the lapis block follow more of the paper cut-out style.
- Put a bit of an outline on the puffer fish icon to better fit with the style of the other icons.
Stone, Snapshot 14w02 : 01/17/2014 8:44:20 pm1/17/14
- Make stone texture more subtle.
- Customize textures for Snapshot 14w02.
- - Granite, Diorite, and Andesite (both normal and smooth)
- - Slime block.
Ender Dragon : 01/12/2014 8:53:16 am1/12/14
- Ender Dragon!
(I'll customize the new snapshot textures next.)
Status Effect Icons : 12/30/2013 9:34:21 am12/30/13
Customize all status effect icons. There are two versions to choose from...
- Simple: Makes it easy to see buffs/debuffs at a glance.
- Standard: Similar to the Minecraft defaults.
Minecraft 1.7.2 Update: Part 2 : 11/27/2013 12:30:04 pm11/27/13
- Customize Podzol.
- Customize clownfish, pufferfish and raw/cooked salmon.
- Customize daisy, orchid, houstonia, paeonia, sunflower, double tall grass and tall fern.
- Update tall rose bush.
Minecraft 1.7.2 Update: Part 1 : 11/10/2013 2:27:19 pm11/10/13
- Customize stained glass.
- Customize acacia and big oak trees... logs, planks, saplings.
- Customize tall rose bush, tall syringa, allium flower, tulips.
- Customize red sand.
- Darken dead bush (looks better in red sand biomes).
- Customize icon for minecart with command block.
- Customize UI elements for resource pack selection.
Update #72 : 10/13/2013 7:12:41 pm10/13/13
- Customize sheep (previously just copied from BitKnit).
- Update cake and bone icons.
- Make hardened/stained clay have a flatter texture.
- Fix the absorption icons. (Sorry this took so long. I had forgotten they were broken.)
Icons: Boat, Carts, Nether Items, etc : 10/06/2013 10:42:47 pm10/06/13
- Customize minecart icons (normal, chest, furnace, hopper, tnt).
- Customize boat icon.
- Customize nether wart icon.
- Customize blaze powder icon.
- Customize blaze rod icon.
- Customize ghast tear icon.
- Customize slime ball icon.
- Customize clay ball icon.
- Customize fermented spider eye icon.
Zombie/Skeleton Horse, Hardened/Stained Clay : 09/28/2013 1:50:52 pm9/28/13
- Customize zombie and skeleton horses.
- Customize hardened/stained clays.
Horse Armor, Lead, Name Tag, Random Mobs : 09/28/2013 1:24:15 pm9/28/13
- Customize iron, gold, and diamond horse armor.
- Customize pig saddle.
- Customize lead knot and lead icon.
- Customize name tag icon.
- Fix Random Mobs support (gives different kinds of creepers).
Donkeys, Mules, UI, CTM : 08/25/2013 9:50:15 pm8/25/13
- Customize donkeys and mules.
- Customize horse UI.
- Fix CTM (connected textures) support.
Horses Part 1 : 08/11/2013 6:19:13 pm8/11/13
- Customize horses. Includes all horse colors and patterns. I still need to customize horse armor, UI, donkeys, and mules.
I've had very little free time lately, so I did not get a chance to fix CTM support yet. I'll try to include that in my next update along with the remaining horse-related textures.
Hi-Res Font, Hay Bale, Coal Block, Charcoal : 07/14/2013 3:40:27 pm7/14/13
- Go back to the hi-res font since Minecraft 1.6.2 fixes the font issues that were in 1.6.1.
- Customize hay bale.
- Customize coal block.
- Customize charcoal icon.
Support Minecraft 1.6.1 : 07/07/2013 7:08:39 pm7/07/13
- Support Minecraft 1.6.1. Paper Cut-Out is now a "Resource Pack".
- In addition to Paper Cut-Out's default textures, the textures in the "alt" folders also work with 1.6.1 (see readme.txt in the zip file).
- Minecraft 1.6.1 has issues with hi-res fonts, so until Minecraft 1.6.2 is released, Paper Cut-Out is using a standard resolution font.
- Many of the new 1.6.1 textures are not yet customized. I will be doing that next.
Pigs, Mystical Icons : 06/09/2013 10:29:16 am6/09/13
- Change pigs to not have blankets. The pigs in blankets are still available in the file "mob/alt-pig-blanket.png".
- Customize icons: magma cream, fire charge, ender pearl, eye of ender, experience bottle.
Choice!, ... also pigs in blankets : 05/18/2013 7:54:37 am5/18/13
- Customize pigs (previously just copied from BitKnit). And someone was nice enough to give them blankets! How kind.
- Choice is back! Although minecraftcustomizer.net has not been updated to support Minecraft 1.5, I have added 1.5-compatible alternate textures into the texture pack itself. These can be found in folders starting with "alt-". Here's the list.
- textures/items/alt-traditional: Icons with a more traditional style (as opposed to the paper style).
- textures/blocks/alt-earth-flat: Stone/dirt textures that are solid colors except for just a little papery roughness.
- textures/blocks/alt-earth-rough: Stone/dirt/grass textures that have stronger patterns to them.
- textures/blocks/alt-ores-square: The square style ores that were the default in early versions of the pack.
- textures/blocks/alt-refined-blocks-noframe: Metal and gemstone blocks that have no frames around them.
- textures/blocks/alt-refined-metal-nobrick: Metal blocks that have patterns more like the default Minecraft textures rather than looking like bricks.
- textures/blocks/alt-wool-diamond: Wool blocks where every color has the "diamond" pattern.
- textures/blocks/alt-wool-stripe: Wool blocks where every color has the "stripe" pattern.
- textures/blocks/alt-wool-weave: Wool blocks where every color has the "weave" pattern.
Chain Armor, Connected Textures, Snapshot 13w18c : 05/03/2013 6:15:24 pm5/03/13
- Support the latest snapshots. The hearts and jump-bar for horses now render correctly.
- Customize chain armor (previously just copied from BitKnit). This includes both the on-person armor and the icons.
- Add more shading to iron, diamond, and gold armor.
- Update connected textures to work with the latest versions of both MCPatcher and Optifine.
Diamond Armor, Detector Rail, Book Icons, ... : 04/14/2013 2:36:45 pm4/14/13
- Change diamond armor (mainly the chestplate).
- Make paper-style icons for the diamond armor and update some others.
- Update detector rail.
- Give books more of a paper style. I tried making the perspective more of a straight-on view to be more like the other paper-style icons, but it looks better to have it at an angle, so I ended up sticking pretty close to the default icons.
- Customize sugar icon.
Armor Icons, Paintings, Flint and Steel : 04/03/2013 1:58:12 pm4/03/13
- Update the iron and gold armor icons to look like the on-person armor and follow the paper cut-out style.
- Make the flint and steel look like a lighter rather than actual flint and steel, which did not make for a very recognizable icon.
- Make the first two paintings look like stamps.
- Customize the flaming skull painting to use paper cut-out style.
- Update several other paintings to fit better with the paper cut-out style.
Mojang Splash Screen, Icons for Bed, Hopper, Cauldron, ... : 03/26/2013 4:42:04 pm3/26/13
- Customize icons for...
- - Bed, hopper, cauldron and brewing stand.
- - Sulphur and gunpowder.
- - Compass (close to default but more shaded).
- Customize Mojang splash screen.
- Small change to title screen background.
- Fix icons for potato. The baked and plain potatoes were swapped.
- Small adjustments to arrows.
Hopper, Witch, Apples, Snowball, Redstone Icon, ... : 03/17/2013 8:31:32 am3/17/13
- Customize hopper.
- Customize witch.
- Make golden rail brighter.
- Small changes to font.
- Paper-style icons:
- Customize apples (previously done in "traditional" style).
- Customize redstone.
- Customize snowball.
- Customize spider eye.
- Small changes to arrow.