This is my personal texture pack, and is in fact about 60% identical to the vanilla texture pack. Over the past year or so I've taken it upon myself to make small changes to the default texture, with the general purpose of making minecraft feel more rustic and homey.
Full list of tweaks;
- Stone and all things made of stone have been retextured to resemble white marble
- Wood and all things made of wood resemble mahogany or some other dark reddish wood
- Iron blocks and all things made of iron have been stylized with a more wrought iron look
- Pumpkin face has been changed from vaguely off-putting to totally adorable
- As a result snowmen are also totally adorable
- Obsidian looks like a pretty slab, intended to look good in a building, not particularly natural
- Glass has diamond shaped panes (inspired by early doku glass)
- Other tiny tweaks to make the game a little prettier, but essentially the way Notch intended it.
I've included in the pack a file called alts.png, which contains a number of alterate textures you can swap in if you prefer them. Most notably I have included two alternate patterns for wool: Slightly less fancy and way less fancy.