Woocraft - 1.7 Compatible - A 128x128 HD Pack with an Asian Flavour
101,537Views, 43 today
- 29,710Downloads, 15 today
Get Embed Code
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Hero
Posted 05/21/11 8:49:18 pm , last updated: 06/30/11 3:21:07 pm
What started out as a minor project tweaking various existing packs, has ended up with me essentially creating a texture pack whose content (well the art and terrain.png at least, are almost totally custom), and it's finally at a stage where I feel its fit to release to the general Minecraft community, and fully up to date for v1.5. I’m proud to present to you my Asian Style texture pack designed specifically for my Tatsuyama (Empire of the Dragon Mountain) project, more details of which can be found at: http://www.mcschemat...g15031#msg15031
The pack should also be compatible with Wild Grass, but I don't use it, so can't be sure.
If there is enough interest, I may create a 64x64 version, but no lower res than that I'm afraid.
- None of the other HD packs out there really suited my needs, and most had elements that I think clashed, so I've set about doing my own custom one to meet my needs and the Asian feel of my Tatsuyama project.
- Make wooden buildings look cool (darkened and used a teak style wood)
- Give an Asian flavor where possible
- Be playable with any map (i.e. all blocks should be recognizable for what they are), color matched and pleasant too the eye.
- Custom Asian art that is in keeping with the rest of the pack(3 things here, the samurai armor, swords and theater curtains are the only things that break the rule above).
- Be as color matched as possible, so no block looks un-natural or out of place when it’s next to another you would commonly expect to see there.
- Be high res, but not so detailed that it causes graphical issues and patterning at range (don’t know the term for this, but if you use HD packs, you’ll know what I mean).
Methodology and Custom Elements:
The pack comes with many custom elements, created from scratch or heavily heavily modified from existing packs including:
Grass, Dirt, Cobble, Smooth Stone, Half Stone Blocks, Mossy Cobble, Gravel, Brick, TNT, Flowers (the standard ones), Doors, Torches, All the Wool (Texture and colors), Beds, Lightstone, Gold Blocks, Iron Blocks, Bricks, Nettherrack, Clay, Sandstone, All of the Treetrunk textures, Leaves, Lava, Gold Blocks, Sand, Minecarts, Glass, Beds, Sapling, all of the ores, Furnaces, Trap Doors, Grass and Dispensers.
I've also started work on the GUI elements, (done the Containers and Crafting so far), and the item set.
Other elements are simply recoloured versions of what I consider to be the best work from other texture pack creators, they are credited below.
Misa's for the Mob Models and the GUI. Sanguine's for the tools and most items icons. Bordercraft for the ores. John Smith’s for the water.
Other more minor elements or modified elements are also taken from the following, but I can’t be specific about which.
Bordercraft - http://www.minecraft...ercraft-ver151/
LB Photorealism - http://www.minecraft...all-update-521/
Sanguine's - http://www.minecraft...realistic-pack/
Misa's - http://www.minecraft...-updated-20may/
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.7 beta|
|Tags:||Themed, Terrain, Items, GUI, Art, Asian, Japanese, Chinese, Environment, Mobs, Armor, Misc, Particles|
Update #6 : 06/30/2011 6:58:31 pm6/30/11
Update #5 : 06/30/2011 3:33:41 pm6/30/11
Update #4 : 06/30/2011 3:21:07 pm6/30/11
Update #3 : 06/24/2011 11:29:31 am6/24/11
Update #2 : 06/05/2011 8:01:38 am6/05/11
Update #1 : 05/26/2011 12:46:10 pm5/26/11
Join us to post comments.