Are you tired of DDOS?

JoshRaptor12's Avatar JoshRaptor122/12/13 3:41 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 31
6/24/2014 7:09 am
DAP's Avatar DAP
I don't know if i'm the only one, but i'm very very tired of getting ddosed... It is maybe the most annoying thing in the world. Most people that DDOS come from Planet Minecraft (Don't Take That In a Harsh Way), but to be honest they do. Now Planet Minecraft can help that its not their fault. People out there that ddos either are just plain straight up jerks or they... I don't know, I think that is possibly the only reason why some one would ddos you our your server. So yeah you can't do anything on Minecraft anymore without getting ddosed. If you kill somebody they ask a staff member for your IP (Hopefully They Won't Give It), but if they do then your screwed and your going to get ddosed... I'ts crazy what Minecraft Community has become. It use to be build everything you love say Welcome and be nice to new players, but now all there is bad language, fights, and etc. I hope a ddoser reads this and thinks about stopping ddosing... You people that ddos are ruining Minecraft doing that. Some of you think of it as a game which is just sick and some others think of it as a i hate you message. So yeah thats my reason why I HATE ddosing and people that do it I hope a bunch of you people agree with me
JoshRaptor12
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/24/2014 7:09 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
If you are getting DDoSed, contact your ISP and restart your router.

/necrolock
06/24/2014 6:33 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
PrototypeThetaWell a single person can't really DDoS, it requires multiple machines to be effective

zombie computers nowerdays...helping with ddos and not even knowing

TheCheeseMInerI know this sound's stupid but what's DDosing? I might of missed it in the post

denial of service attack..basically it stops servers and networks from working...easily fixed by re-booting them but they will keep going down until the attack is stopped
06/24/2014 5:29 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Well a single person can't really DDoS, it requires multiple machines to be effective

Also threatening to DDoS a minecraft server is incredibly stupid, as the owner will already have your IP (which is enough to get the police to your door trust me) and they have the bonus of knowing exactly which moron is doing it.

Sure you can login with a proxy, but if you forgot once you're stuffed.
06/24/2014 5:19 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
ToS_Low_Profiletwitter.com/lelddos/status/480561880927567872

KEEP UP THE DDOS!!

TAKE DOWN MINEPLEX IF YOU NEED TO!!

dont! ddosing makes you a bad person!
06/24/2014 5:07 am
ToS_Low_Profile
https://twitter.com/lelddos/status/480561880927567872

KEEP UP THE DDOS!!

TAKE DOWN MINEPLEX IF YOU NEED TO!!
02/13/2013 3:11 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
Go Reset your IP by contacting your ISP and go find a Proxy to surf under
if you believe your getting DDosed again just abandon that Proxy or reset its IP to a new one
02/13/2013 3:00 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
NUKEHEAD1001
please ddos for dumies description
02/13/2013 3:00 am
Storm Smasher
sgra
I'm a member of anonymous, and it's no joke.

If you're in anonymous then you wouldn't tell anyone, hence the name "anonymous"..

true that shit
02/13/2013 2:39 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
Rizla
Go away kid, "I CAN DOS LAL", no.

Did i say i do it to any random person for "fun"? I'm not a prick who does it to anyone for no reason.
When i said i do it to my mates, i men't they watch me in my house on my PC infact, they ask me to do it.

"I CAN DOS LAL"

If you honestly think this is trolling me, it's not..

also
@markd315
I'm a member of anonymous, and it's no joke.

If you're in anonymous then you wouldn't tell anyone, hence the name "anonymous"..
02/12/2013 5:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
You're never going to get people to stop griefing/hacking just by telling them they're being jerks. They know, they don't care, and all they want is this response from you.

However, since we are talking about DDOS attacks, I think it needs to be said that it is in fact illegal, at least in the US, an can result in up to a 10 year prison sentence. Not sure about the laws in other parts of the world, but I'm sure they must be similar if not the same. This goes for anything from a Minecraft server to a large government server holding sensitive employee information.

Even this knowledge probably won't stop these hackers from doing this, but maybe enough of them are intelligent and fearful enough to be deterred from being that skinny computer nerd in their local prison.
02/12/2013 5:15 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
DeleteThisPleaseThan
DDoS depends on multiple factors and todays hardware can prevent such an occurance, behind Router or ISP.

These factors depend on such: Bandwidth, Speed, and ports.(others not listed)

this topic is going to become a flame war.

Edit: this post imo could Teach script kiddies and just cause themselves to get into trouble.

Id request for this topic to be locked.
02/12/2013 5:04 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
What in blazes is DDoSing!!!???
02/12/2013 5:15 pm
Level 22 : Expert Skinner
jakichan77
Well, if you payed any small amount of attention, you would have seen the post directly above ours. But I assume you're to lazy to skip to page two, or even use the magical "Google.com" so on that note, get smart.
02/12/2013 5:55 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
I did turn to page two

I just didnt notice that link until after XD
02/12/2013 4:58 pm
Level 40 : Master Modder
markd315
JoshRaptor12I don't know if i'm the only one, but i'm very very tired of getting ddosed... It is maybe the most annoying thing in the world. Most people that DDOS come from Planet Minecraft (Don't Take That In a Harsh Way), but to be honest they do. Now Planet Minecraft can help that its not their fault. People out there that ddos either are just plain straight up jerks or they... I don't know, I think that is possibly the only reason why some one would ddos you our your server. So yeah you can't do anything on Minecraft anymore without getting ddosed. If you kill somebody they ask a staff member for your IP (Hopefully They Won't Give It), but if they do then your screwed and your going to get ddosed... I'ts crazy what Minecraft Community has become. It use to be build everything you love say Welcome and be nice to new players, but now all there is bad language, fights, and etc. I hope a ddoser reads this and thinks about stopping ddosing... You people that ddos are ruining Minecraft doing that. Some of you think of it as a game which is just sick and some others think of it as a i hate you message. So yeah thats my reason why I HATE ddosing and people that do it I hope a bunch of you people agree with me

DDOSing is fine if they deserve it, haha. On a minecraft server, it's more of a joke, kind of like griefing. If you're DDOSing a real server or database, then it can be an act of defiance and/or rebellion, which is something I always support. Stick it to the man. I'm a member of anonymous, and it's no joke. You can actually take down really influential and important websites with a well organized attack.
02/12/2013 4:52 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Geek
Luke_James
sgraI can Dos however, I only do it to people like my friends, for fun, (they know i do it) and to people who really piss me off.
this statement:
"If you kill somebody they ask a staff member for your IP (Hopefully They Won't Give It), but if they do then your screwed"

Is not particularly true, staff members of a server, friend or not, should not be giving out ip's, and, most people who dos should know how to get an IP.

Also:
Can I ask you one question?
How do you know that you are getting Ddos-ed?

Dossing is Illegal so, the average time someone will dos you is around 30 seconds to a minute.
However, there is some rebels who dos for more than that, likely to have the owner of the IP phoning their internet provider to investigate who is on your IP.
When/if they find out, the internet provider may/may not contact their internet provider and get the hacker taken off there provider.

To know if you're being dossed, your internet will flicker on and off for a few seconds.
Although this could be a fault, (which most the time it is) I would keep an eye on it..

Hope this clears things up...

Go away kid, "I CAN DOS LAL", no.
02/12/2013 4:36 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
Rizla
I can Dos however, I only do it to people like my friends, for fun, (they know i do it) and to people who really piss me off.
this statement:
"If you kill somebody they ask a staff member for your IP (Hopefully They Won't Give It), but if they do then your screwed"

Is not particularly true, staff members of a server, friend or not, should not be giving out ip's, and, most people who dos should know how to get an IP.

Also:

Dossing is Illegal so, the average time someone will dos you is around 30 seconds to a minute.
However, there is some rebels who dos for more than that, likely to have the owner of the IP phoning their internet provider to investigate who is on your IP.
When/if they find out, the internet provider may/may not contact their internet provider and get the hacker taken off there provider.

To know if you're being dossed, your internet will flicker on and off for a few seconds.
Although this could be a fault, (which most the time it is) I would keep an eye on it..

Hope this clears things up...
02/12/2013 4:13 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mountaineer
arrodar
I've never had that happen to me before, and prior to this I've only ever heard of anonymous and other hacktivists using DDoS techniques. What is this world coming to?
02/12/2013 4:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
There's always going to be jerks, and there's nothing you can do about it. The best thing you can do is ignore them and DON'T be one of them. It is really hard to protect yourself from being DDoSed, but just don't let anyone know your IP...
02/12/2013 4:09 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Geek
Luke_James
Silly script kiddies, I'm sick of reading about "DDoSing" on here, it's the #1 most used threat by butthurt 12 year olds.
02/12/2013 4:01 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
montyman100
02/12/2013 3:52 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
TheCheeseMIner
I know this sound's stupid but what's DDosing? I might of missed it in the post
02/12/2013 5:01 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
OmegaMudkipz
Let me Google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DDoS
02/12/2013 3:50 pm
JoshRaptor12
My internet is not trashy, and ddosing is a D**K move, whats the point? What is wrong with the Minecraft Community???
02/12/2013 3:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
brandcool
Its nothing wrong with the mc community.

THIS IS the type of fourm ddos'ers want to get out of you, ever since yo made this fourm they are going to strike even stronger as they know there getting there exact achievement
In my opinion, you never should of made this fourm as now they know there getting what they want so now they strike harder..

sigh
02/12/2013 3:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
brandcool
grow up and learn to deal with it.

Welcome to the real world buddy.... The world is all about people fighting. Always, everyday people will fight for whats right or for whats wrong. Just grow up and deal with it, i mean its not the end of the world if you get ddos'ed.
06/24/2014 6:36 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
stewez
Are you crazy?! This is not the real world, these are just little kids who found out DDOS! This is not the real world! These kids are just... **NOT NICE** SO YEAH, STOP DOING THIS ! ~Hope you understand me, stewez
06/24/2014 6:44 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
children nowadays get influenced way to quickly

which is why things like this shouldn't be discussed on forums where people off all ages use it..

ddos is as illegal as pirating and we are not allowed to discuss pirating on here

so why are we allowed to talk about ddos
02/12/2013 3:47 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
Emm no your wrong. Ive made a bunch of people mad and I have never been ddos'd. Dude you need to get good internet because you are probably not getting ddos'd.
02/12/2013 4:02 pm
vcadmin
That not how it works.. You can even get ddos with a 15 GB/s internet..
02/12/2013 4:13 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
Znomon
Depends on the kind of attack. I'm assuming all the script kiddies here are using stressers. Those are bandwidth based.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome