Java To Bedrock Resource Pack Converter

sweetdude26's Avatar sweetdude266/4/20 4:08 pm
4 emeralds 11.5k 7
3/23/2023 2:55 pm
AlphaPrime108's Avatar AlphaPrime108
Hello Everyone, I have been working on a new program that will allow you to be able to convert most Java resource packs to the bedrock edition of minecraft hassle free.

This is the main GUI of the program and it is very straight forward to use.

PLEASE NOTE: This program is still in development and it not completely finished

Below is the link to the website:

http://mcrpconverter.epizy.com/

To find out information on how to install you can look at the video above or go to the tutorial page on my website.

If there are any bugs please report them here since I am still currently adding a bug system.

HOW IT WORKS

This program will find all the textures from the pack you provide and convert the blocks, items and more to the bedrock resource pack format.

WHAT MAKES THIS UNIQUE FROM OTHERS?

This program will also convert mobs and other entities that are rendered in a different way in Bedrock Edition compared to Java Edition.

DOES THIS PROGRAM WORK ON PHONE/TABLET?

Unfortunately, you will need a Windows 10 computer or laptop to be able to use this program.

IS THE CONVERTED RESOURCE PACK ONLY FOR WINDOWS 10 EDITION?

No, if you wish to use converted resource pack for your phone or tablet you can do so when you convert make sure you select .mcpack as the output format and then go to File>Open Output Folder after it has complete and you will see the .mcpack file that can then be copied over to a phone and then opened. For Android this is the case, you just send the .mcpack file over to your phone and open it up and it will automatically import into Minecraft. As for IOS, I am not sure since I do not own any Apple devices, If there is a way to get the .mcpack onto Minecraft then thats great!

DOES THIS WORK FOR XBOX ONE/PS4?

Unfortunately no, it will not work with xbox since there is no way to download or import resource packs easily. There is a way to get a resource pack to work on Xbox/PS4 and that is to have a phone or windows 10 edition of Minecraft running the resource pack in the world and then you will be to view the resource pack on the Xbox/PS4.

WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?

As you may be able to tell from these Forums there are not many people who use Bedrock compared to Java and because of that there are very limited resource packs since no one is bovered to make a bedrock resource pack. Since there are hundreds of different resource packs for Java and very limited number of packs on Bedrock (most only accessible through the store. This will allow you to play any Java resource pack. Lets say for example you really like your favorite youtubers resource pack but it is for java and you do not own the java version. this will allow you to play that resource pack on your version of the game.

IS THIS PROGRAM SAFE?

Yes, if you dont believe me give it a scan. I have also ran this program on all different types of hardware ranging from old and new, I have tried it on a Intel and AMD based platform and there are no issues. (If you find any please let me know) unfortunatly this will not work on Windows 7 and/or Windows 8 but most people are on Windows 10, if you are using OSX or Linux unfortunatly I am unable to convert this program over yet. (Yet) I am currently working on a Linux version of the program. But soon I will be allowing the source code to be completely open to the Public soon.

IS IT FREE?

Of Course, there are no ads, no hassle you just use the installer and extract and open, the video will explain the entire process.

KNOWN BUGS:

There are some bugs that are still being worked on but please bare in mind that Bedrocks way of rendering entities is different, there will be a page on my site explaining all the conversion i had to do and how i did it by rendering the items and converting it into Bedrocks layout. Here are some of the bugs that are known. Also not everything is complete, the particals and potions and arrows need to be fixed and this is the current state or the program and version 1.03 beta.

- Sheeps and Wolfs whole body changes colour when dyed or tamed (I am currently working on a fix)

- Crossair may not successfully convert if your resource pack is over 2048x2048 (I will add support for that soon)

- Redstone Dust to Dot conversion may not work if resource pack has a different way of writing the alpha channel

- Drowned Zombie does not display correctly on all resource packs

- Chests are not added yet since the inside of the chest would be on the outside (This will be coming in version 1.04)

If there are any of these issues happening with your resource pack conversion then go to Info>Settings in the application and you can turn off the conversion of these items.

Hope you enjoy using Bedrock Edition with a Java Resource Pack.

- Callum Duddle

MCRPConverter

(Mine Craft Resource Pack Converter)
sweetdude26
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner