Bedrock is better than Java

General Chesthair's Avatar General Chesthair2/3/20 9:25 am
22 emeralds 8.8k 433
11/18/2021 8:51 pm
funkyloader web's Avatar funkyloader web
We talk about how bedrock is better than Java.
General Chesthair
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/03/2020 12:37 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
02/05/2020 11:31 am
Level 46 : Master Pirate
TheRealBlank512
This had me laughing so hard i couldn't write a reply until a day later xD
02/05/2020 6:53 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Image result for yes meme gif
02/05/2020 6:46 am
Arsham81SHAE
Boo ya! This is our eyewitness!
02/04/2020 6:16 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
kek
02/05/2020 6:43 am
Arsham81SHAE
Image result for Saying No funny Gif"
12/27/2020 6:22 pm
Level 46 : Master Crafter
Derpbox
I'm starting to wonder why this is still a discussion, both versions have their ups and downs. You should play the version that has what you want.

I personally heavily prefer Java edition for things like mods, stability, multiple instances, and a few other things but if you don't care about Java's features and prefer to play bedrock I don't get why you have to argue over it.

Can we get over this already? Its just like the console wars, it shouldn't really matter to you what someone else uses to play Minecraft
12/27/2020 10:19 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
IAmGoneGoodbye5
While I personally play both. I can see the appeal of wanting to side with your "said go to version or the you grew up with X version despite that not being a valid point for buying). I already do wish that long ago they axed Java when Microsoft bought Mojang and moved over java information to bedrock like they did with the upcoming migration (moving skins / capes / worlds etc so you can use them on bedrock) so we don't have this constant fight every few days. It is awful seeing the community constantly at each others throats over a block game especially considering

The main arguments for both are either being solved, worked on or lies and not important. Java still lacks better performance and a sketchy client will not compare to the security and safety of allowing your kid to download said things safely on marketplace with the allowance you give them. The whole microtransactions thing hurts me to see because it is awful hypocritical for the Java sympathizers to be against Mojang / Microsoft supporting their marketplace creators (giving them jobs and security) while supporting future update while they do the same thing and pocket it to (UNDERSTANDABLY) support the mod or pay devs of their mod or worst case scenario pocket the money and run and discontinue the mod (happens more than it should).

Meanwhile Javas features for Bedrock that bedrock still has missing are at odds of Microsoft's monetization of the marketplace so they have a reason to not have custom world types.

I hope this migration thing will bring the games closer if not soon allow java / bedrock crossplay or 1 launcher so we can stop this talk once and for all.
12/28/2020 1:39 am
Level 46 : Master Crafter
Derpbox
GeyserMC is promising for true crossplay, but considering microsoft i doubt they would wanna take another reason to buy bedrock away from it
12/28/2020 10:12 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
IAmGoneGoodbye5
This does not take away the reason to buy bedrock. If anything, it gives you more reason. Having 1 edition or 2 letting you play with both would not only allow for more players to connect ( I once attended a meetup and was the only person back then to have Java Minecraft while everyone else had bedrock on multiple platforms (switches phones) and I asked to play and felt very left out and that is what made me buy bedrock). Not to mention, bedrock can be bought on multiple platforms (you need to buy pocket edition to play on phone and switch edition (cartridges) or on ps4 and or Xbox system to play on those systems even if you have a Xbox account already. The aspect of alts is only for the account, not the physical hardware or sale of the game. What you are saying only applies to Java / Bedrock on windows 10 as of now.

They still get multiple sales on bedrock from many platforms and is one of the reasons why Java is a very tiny proportion of sales compared to bedrock, its multiple platforms, marketplace sales, and giftcard sales. This is also further shown from Mojangs sales charts which have always shown since 2016 that pocket edition (even before becoming bedrock with the merge) has outsold Java almost triple fold. The chart also showed that Minecraft is actually more popular in other places than in the USA, and Antvenom even mentioned this in his worried about the Java community video stating that only 40% of minecraft youtubes creators or viewers speak English.

On top of all of this, there is Minecraft: China edition which has almost the highest out of all if it was not for bedrock. Number of players as to why is pretty self explanatory, It's China, They're always massive and will always be and outnumber any other nation.

That type of merge of Java and Bedrock would only benefit Microsoft and any backlash would be short lived as the vocal minority (still valid concern) of pvpers and anti-microtransactions would be miniscule and forgotten about and the benefit would outweigh the loss.
01/08/2021 10:35 pm
Level 34 : Artisan uwu
funkyloader web
Don't ever make many long paragraphs advocating for one version or people will think you are ignorant
03/09/2020 9:29 am
Level 44 : Master Steve
KapceRBLX
It's not.
04/02/2020 6:12 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Archer
iiFOXXER
Fr
03/28/2020 6:21 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
czromXL
I agree.
04/02/2020 4:18 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Birb
LugiaGal-
me too. :}
12/27/2020 5:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Nextdaytag8
lies and slander
03/08/2020 7:02 pm
Level 1 : New Network
TheGamermanX
You're wrong.

| |XXXXXXXXXXXXX| |
| |XXXXXXXXXXXXX| |
| |XXXXXXXXXXXXX| |
|_________________|
_[_______]_
___[___________]___
| [_____] []|__
| [_____] []| \__
L___________________J \ \___\/
___________________ /\
/###################\ (__) This computer runs java. Not bedrock.
11/01/2020 4:00 pm
Level 40 : Master Nerd
The Accursed Eyeball
Now that's amazing.
04/06/2021 9:28 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Birb
Villager riding a chicken
I AGREE
02/04/2020 12:42 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter

(...), The earth is flat and 50 other ridiculous statements

ISBN: 978-0-545-01022-1
Available on Amazon for $4,20 or €6,90
03/09/2020 10:36 am
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Red_Crimson
finally, i have found the funny
04/19/2020 5:35 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
Cart3r
Java has:
* Better redstone
* Better servers
* Mods
* Free custom skins/texture packs/worlds
* Optifine
* Anything can go in off hand
* "Revamped" combat (Opinion based)
Bedrock has:
* crossplay
* Movable container blocks
* Education edition
* Snow layers with gravity
* Character creator where most things are payed for

I like java for the gameplay
I like bedrock for the portability and crossplay (I play switch and windows 10)

But like some of the other comments have said, minecraft is minecraft.
04/22/2020 3:51 am
Level 1 : New Miner
MisterRaidenXD
Bedrock has free mods and texture packs/custom skins too.
12/30/2020 1:09 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
TimeWarpDrive
Fake mods.. Basically overgrown texture-packs
02/04/2020 5:47 am
Level 71 : Legendary Skinner
Auri
sir, this is a wendy's
02/03/2020 1:29 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
no
04/02/2020 5:26 pmhistory
Level 48 : Master Miner
Pigeon1H
Both have pros and cons.

Bedrock Edition has better performance and cross-compatibility. It also has the ability to allow friends to join your world without setting up a server. However, these servers are very limited. Bedrock Edition is also mostly pay-to-win for almost ALL skins, maps, resource packs, and add-ons.

Java Edition servers are less user friendly, but they allow an infinite amount of people to join (if your computer can handle it). Java may not have cross compatibility, but if you got it before a certain time, it lets you get Bedrock Edition on Windows 10 for free. Almost all Java skins, maps, datapacks, mods, servers, and plugins are free, with the only exception being ones where the creator makes you purchase it to download the file (these aren't very secure and people tend to republish them after one person buys it anyway).

Also, Bedrock Edition isn't fully updated. It lacks the amazing command system of Java Edition. It also is missing a lot of sound files. The game just feels slower in general, even if there is actually less lag. It takes longer to do things and sounds are disproportionate. It also has less settings, especially for sounds.
04/22/2020 3:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
MisterRaidenXD
First of all, You cant sell add-ons in Marketplace, everything you can sell in Marketplace is maps, mash-up pakcs, skin packs, and texture packs.

Also Bedrock edition is not pay-to-win at all, Microtransactions in bedrock do not affect gameplay, most of them are just cosmetic / or contents that you can personally enjoy. Also, You can get free mods/textures/skins and more without Marketplace around the internet. Same as java.
04/18/2020 10:56 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
TrueSpringyJim
Yeah, though I prefer Java over Bedrock as Bedrock is actually missing some features, one I can point out it the ability to crouch under 1 and a half block gap. I believe the same goes for the 1 block gap trapdoor trick too.
04/06/2021 11:14 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
02/24/2020 10:02 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
DanTheDan
As someone who has played Minecraft since release 1.2, I've gotta disagree with this.
Bedrock edition definitely has it's upsides like:
-Add-ons
-Crossplay with other consoles
-Several neat exclusives like pistonable tile entities and potions in cauldrons
-Very smooth on my terrible pc like wow it's like butter

But there are also some downsides that kinda draws me away from it like:
-Inconsistent redstone
-Command system isn't as good as the Java edition's command system
-It's gameplay in terms of controls has a sort of uncanny valley effect on me where the controls are almost identical to Java edition's but it's just off by a bit
-This one is just my opinion but I just don't like the marketplace
-Mod support through addons isn't as good as Java edition mods.
12/27/2020 5:43 pm
Nextdaytag8
list of reasons why bedrock is better:

cross-platform play

joining friends without buying servers

easy importing of online resource packs for free (only on phone and pc, Xbox if you are smart enough)

behavior packs and resource packs are useable vanilla-ly, without having to modify the game files like java

contrary to popular belief, if you are smart enough and have actually played the game once in your life you know that you can actually import skin files and they work just like in java

changing skins without exiting the game

importable skin packs from the internet for free

microtransactions are 100% optional, and are purely for extra mash-up packs, skins made by Minecraft, extra texture packs that are too good to get for free, etc.

get it? bedrock is better.
03/21/2021 9:52 am
funkyloader web
"contrary to popular belief, if you are smart enough and have actually played the game once in your life you know that you can actually import skin files and they work just like in java"

Tell me how to get my Java skin onto my Nintendo Switch and I'll stop outlogic-ing all your posts
04/03/2020 12:15 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Peacock
AllNumbers
Why did you put add ons as a upside to bedrock to bedrock but then later say they were a downside on the java section
04/03/2020 5:21 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
DanTheDan
Well Addons are basically officially supported mods for the Bedrock edition and are likely to still function after several updates like resource packs without the addon itself being updated but when you compare the quality of addons from free addon websites or the addons that you pay for on the store to the mods of Java Edition you see that the Java Edition mods are much more complex and polished than the Bedrock edition addons and Java Edition mods are able to modify many core features of the game which Bedrock edition addons aren't able to.
02/04/2020 5:23 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
Just wanted to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if their opinion is wrong.
03/18/2020 9:51 pm
Level 40 : Master uwu
PaintsplattersMC
Bedrock is better than java in only 1 area. hardware resource usage
04/19/2020 5:38 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
Cart3r
Truth. I can run windows 10 on my openGL 1.0 desktop but not java, but that's really one of the only major upsides.
12/27/2020 5:36 pm
Nextdaytag8
list of reasons why bedrock is better:

cross-platform play

joining friends without buying servers

easy importing of online resource packs for free (only on phone and pc, Xbox if you are smart enough)

behavior packs and resource packs are useable vanilla-ly, without having to modify the game files like java

contrary to popular belief, if you are smart enough and have actually played the game once in your life you know that you can actually import skin files and they work just like in java

changing skins without exiting the game

importable skin packs from the internet for free

microtransactions are 100% optional, and are purely for extra mash-up packs, skins made by Minecraft, extra texture packs that are too good to get for free, etc.

I could go on for hours about why bedrock is better but I'm going to stop here
03/21/2021 9:43 am
funkyloader web
03/09/2020 9:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Red_Crimson
I'm gonna end this man's whole career with 8 words: High School Roleplay Server Officially Endorsed by Mojang
03/18/2020 9:49 pm
General Chesthair
YOU'VE DEFEATED ME
02/04/2020 9:35 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
The bedrock edition is horrible, it has the Minecraft Marketplace
02/24/2020 12:16 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
why is everyone talking about the marketplace?
you are aware this website YOU ARE LITERALLY SAYING THIS ON has more downloadable features for bedrock than features you can buy on the marketplace
04/02/2020 6:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Archer
iiFOXXER
Omg... I feel bad how dumb that comment was...
04/02/2020 6:12 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
TimeWarpDrive
Its mere existance is the issue. Just because this exists, doesn't mean that most people who are playing bedrock won't know about this site.

Also, "YOU ARE LITERALLY SAYING THIS ON"... How do you figuratively say something?
04/02/2020 6:03 pm
funkyloader web
how do you out features from here onto pocket? Or Bedrock console?
02/03/2020 11:00 am
Level 24 : Expert Crafter
Viacticalliama
The only thing that should play a factor in Bedrock being better is essentially attack spamming. The cooldown on java edition might be the only downside. However, there are thousands of mods out there that can let you customize the game or even add or remove stuff from it. I think in general that the Java edition is better. But the bedrock edition is very nice as well since it has better performance.

Both are equally good in their own respective ways and to be honest, I'm glad we can have both!
02/04/2020 5:07 pm
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
Unpopular opinion: The attack delay in Java make it better because you actually have to plan your attacks and therefore servers should ditch pre-1.12 support.
02/03/2020 11:02 am
General Chesthair
great to see a good debater.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome