Ender chests, griefing and bad suggestions

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis8/11/20 6:08 pm
2 emeralds 408 6
10/4/2020 5:34 pm
lizking10152011's Avatar lizking10152011
Did this individual just suggest players should be able to steal other people's loot from Ender chests? if this is not intended to be merely a world option, but a mandatory feature across all Minecraft survival play then this is a bad suggestion imo.

Sorry to come off as negative and whiny here, but this needed to be said.

Minecraft has toxic fans who do advocate griefing servers they had no business doing it to.

when it is done on servers that are not free for all, then it is the same thing as harassment.

The ender chest is supposed to let you store your items privately and be interdimensional.

it is not overpowered just because it prevents you from stealing what you did not earn.

It bothers me that some people who play on anarchy servers seem to think that their ideas of how Minecraft "should be" should be imposed on everybody else who doesn't agree with them or play in the same way that they do. They have this absurd thinking that just because Minecraft is a sandbox game that people should be allowed to just disrespect rules and cause problems for everyone else. This isn't the only example I've come across, I've seen other comments like this being written, some were straight up advocacy for griefing private worlds which aren't free for all.

Look, if people wish to play on an anarchy server then that is their choice, but please don't try to impose your play style on people who don't play on those sort of worlds.

If you grief on anarchy servers, then the other players knew what they were getting into and they were asking for it, fair play.

If you grief people's private worlds with clear rules against that, then I've got no sympathy for you if the host bans you.

You broke the rules, you pay the price, simple, right?

I hope Mojang doesn't listen to these people, because if they do then I'm finished with this game forever.

and it is back to playing Borderlands and Pokemon for me where items cannot be stolen or griefed,

yes they're grindy, but so what? RPG's are meant to be, and it's the lesser evil compared to the nonsense that can happen on Minecraft.

I see no good reason to spend years gaining massive wealth if it is just going to be all taken from me by some "friend" who begins acting up, which may not happen seeing as I do have a strict non grief rule on my 2 survival servers I'm currently on, and I'm careful whom I add on them, but it's a point that had to be made.

And yes, Minecraft does need some limits in what you can and can't do otherwise it wouldn't be fun to play, it is why whitelisting and private servers exist. I know this is far-fetched, seeing as whitelists were designed by Mojang to allow players to prevent griefing, but any request made by the community has a probability of being implemented however small however large, your words matter, so think about what you say.

feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360061095232-End-Keys-Opening-Ender-Chests-?page=1#community_comment_360012342551
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/04/2020 5:34 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
lizking10152011
I think it was important to express your opinion on this, as some of the feedback stuff actually is getting implemented into 1.17 (As shown from Minecraft LIVE), and I left some feedback on some of it.

Backpacks were one of the items, and I had to express balance with it (As if it worked exactly like a Shulker Box, there would be no need for them anymore since players would be able to craft essentially a cheaper variant of it), which looks like balance was given to the new Bundles (Which is basically like a Backpack). Bundles were essentially the idea of a backpack and the idea of a Sack of Potatoes from the Feedback.net site mashed into a new item.

Amethyst Crystals and Copper Ore were also added (Copper Ore had some weight/priority from Agnes herself), both were suggestions once again from the feedback.net site. Same with 'Wireless' Redstone, (The sculks that were shown off) and Axolotls. All ideas that worked. Even the new cave and mountain generation which looks like it came from WorldPainter was heavily requested.

It's always good to discuss both sides of the coin good and bad, as otherwise bad gameplay mechanics may go unnoticed if an idea is taken into consideration. Balance with proper principal is always good, and in the case of your example, I agree completely, EnderInventories should not be able to be accessed by anybody but the player who owns the NBT data to their own. You're passionate about balance and I see nothing wrong with that.
08/12/2020 7:35 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
nutmeg_
Just want to note, there isn't an equal probability of 'any' suggestion getting in if any one person says it. Just because one or five people would suggest to delete Survival mode doesn't mean it would happen. Be concerned when it's backed by an audience, not when it's something random and a serious game changer for a deliberate feature.

For the feature itself, it would be a nice idea for a factions extension, but has no place being built into the game globally.
08/12/2020 5:07 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Button Pusher
BlazeDrake
Why don't you just reply to the feedback post with this though? Noone will care unless they follow that suggestion & have both pmc and an account for feedback. I do agree that that shouldn't be added though
08/12/2020 7:23 pm
AGTRigorMortis
And I thought the entire point of ender chests was the 2 key features
1) they let us access our items across different dimensions and over long distances
2) they are your private chest for protecting your valuables.

if players could access another players items in the ender chests, they'd lose their value.
08/13/2020 11:40 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Button Pusher
BlazeDrake
I was agreeing with you though, I was just saying it was unnecessary to post it here
08/13/2020 2:56 pm
AGTRigorMortis
I did reply to the post on the minecraft.net feedback site. Informing the individual that it was a bad idea and it should be a world option at best, but if it were applied universally across all worlds it would ruin the game for many people. I'm a big advocate of adding more world options, after seeing what Ark Survival Evolved does I think this could work for Minecraft too.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome