Jungle Tree does not grow

Borilion's Avatar Borilion6/10/19 3:37 am
2 emeralds 4.7k 3
8/3/2019 4:51 am
lizking10152011's Avatar lizking10152011
Hey all :)

I have the problem that my 2x2 Jungle Tree doesn't grow at all.
I tried it with Bonemeal, a lot of it.., waited at least 7 days...nothing.

And I have no clue what the reason could be..
Enough space, light..

I hope you can help me :)

(Attached two pics of my problem seedlings)

Greetings

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5479/rj7rhb97_jpg.htm

www.directupload.net/file/d/5479/kdv43byj_jpg.htm
Borilion
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/03/2019 4:51 am
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
lizking10152011
Make sure there is nothing around the set of blocks around the 2X2 set of Jungle Saplings. Basically make a 4X4 Radius ready where there are no flowers, grass, torches, etc in that 4X4 range. Next, make sure there is nothing directly blocking the growth path above the 4X4 block radius, then put the saplings in the center of the 4X4 blockspace and try to grow it.
06/10/2019 11:26 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Torches should not suppress tree growth (they don't in java, not clear what platform/version is shown).
What playform and version is this?

A couple of tests to isolate the problem:
Are you able to grow 2x2 jungle tress elsewhere?

Are you able to grown a single tree in each of those squares? (Oak has the most permissive growth coonditions, but recommend using birch for testing.)

A possible [but potentially cheaty fix]: fill the maximum possible voluime in which a tree can grow with air blocks using the /fill command. (You may want to fill only the 4x4 column until above the structure.)
Assuming there is a ghost block this may remove it.
Last info from the wiki: ( minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tree#Jungle_tree )[p][indent=30]
"2×2 jungle trees require a 5×5 column of unobstructed space at least 11 blocks above the saplings to grow (12 blocks including the saplings themselves). This column is centered on the northwestern sapling. A 3×3 area is required at the base of the tree (the level of the saplings). They can grow up to 32 blocks high. "
[/indent][/p]
06/10/2019 5:23 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Soak
Theres this thing with trees called the north west rule, and their cant be any blocks directly next to the saplings to the north direction or the west direction. hope that helps
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome