Very hard mode

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis8/11/20 6:13 pm
1 emeralds 169
A suggestion I've made to improve Minecraft for everyone
Details below, copied and pasted from another forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|
|
V

Isn't it time Mojang added a very hard mode which can be used with either hardcore mode or without on Minecraft servers ? some players wanted more of a challenge, this doesn't affect me whether this gets introduced or not, it's not a mode I will be playing on nor will my friends, but I do respect the views of other people and want it to be introduced for them, so long as they respect players who disagree with them and leave the other difficulty modes alone.

Very hard mode is as it implies, it would be a step above hard mode, and the difference is it would introduce more advanced mob behavior, monsters would chase you over longer distances, and in the case of pillager raids, give people what they are asking for and see how it goes with them, let ravagers tear down walls made of wooden blocks or fences and cobblestone to enter their bases and villages, including player bases.

Also this mode would not only affect mob behaviour but also ore generation, make the ores harder to find, increasing difficulty even further.

Want enchantments removed? give them the option to either enable or disable enchanting on world creation, natural regeneration can already be disabled in world options I believe, but perhaps some people would wish to play without enchantments if that's the challenge they want.

Torches burn out. Want torches to have a finite lifespan? make it standard in the new difficulty mode, forcing players to use better light sources if they want their lighting to last forever.

On the lower difficulty modes, torches keep their infinite lifespan, but not if left out while it is raining, if people wish to use reliable outdoor lighting then it would make more sense to either make players use lanterns, jack o lanterns, fire on nether rack, lava, glowstone and things like that. If torches are left out in the rain they should drop as if they had a bucket of water dumped on them.

Remove iron golem drops on very hard mode, and on lower difficulty modes, unless they massively overhaul ore generation I wouldn't be in agreement about removing iron golem drops from every other difficulty mode, if they kept iron ingot drops on zombies then I suppose I can come to accept it in time so long as iron ores weren't made more scarce on hard, normal and easy, but whatever, if it happens it happens, I'm not the CEO of Microsoft. I am fine with ores being made more scarce on the next level up though.

Remove beds from villages. If players want to use beds to skip the night, then they should kill or shear sheep to get the wool to make their own bed, no naturally spawning beds on very hard mode.

Looting villagers. If players decide to loot villagers then the iron golems should attack players on this new mode, villagers won't like having their items being stolen from them and on this new difficulty it would make sense to have iron golems be hostile to players if items get stolen from the villages or at the very least, lose popularity with the villagers.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft/suggestions/3029991-mnecraft-idea-for-difficulty-modes-very-hard-mode

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner