What are the differences between bedrock and java?

rekrap2's Avatar rekrap25/17/20 10:00 pm
5/20/2020 9:34 am
BlazeDrake's Avatar BlazeDrake
As you can see from the title above, I'm wondering what is different between the two versions of Minecraft. Any feedback would be extremely appreciated!
rekrap2
Level 20 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/20/2020 5:32 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
User3000421F
Java is the game for PC Minecraft and Minecraft Bedrock version ( or Minecraft PE it is called in the past ) is for mobile devices such android, etc.
05/20/2020 9:34 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Button Pusher
BlazeDrake
It's also on consoles & windows 10
05/18/2020 10:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
bxllzr
i would recomend java, because you can use all different sorts of clients b8t if you need to use Bedrock for a reason you can just do that, You can also add mods for me im a pvper so i use badlion client free to install as long as you have minecraft premium. But in my opinion i like more, Rather and recomend Minecraft Java

-bxllzr Purpled on Twitter: "should i make a halloween skin"
05/19/2020 12:14 pm
rekrap2
Yeah I'd say Java is the better platform, but I'm a little biased when I say that. My first experience with bedrock was a few days ago
05/18/2020 8:44 am
BlazeDrake
Like others have said, bedrock is more performance focused & on multiple platforms, while java is only on pc & has more you can do in vanilla. Both editions are equal, they just have different good & bad aspects. Bedrock also has easier modding, but it's weak compared to Java's. You can do a lot in vanilla java that's undoable in bedrock, but if you can't do it in vanilla, it will be a lot harder to make a mod to do what you want.
05/17/2020 10:19 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
Cart3r
Bedrock is the minecraft playable on consoles and windows ten edition. Switch, Xbox, PS, and pocket edition all fall under bedrock, as well as some odd ones like apple TV edition and the other discontinued versions. Java is only on pc, and does not have crossplay between bedrock (It is possible, but not by any official means. Someone did get it to work where they played pocket edition and java together on a world) but offers more in terms of addons. Bedrock is plagued by this horrid thing called the marketplace, which is basically an official "planetminecraft" of sorts, where you can get skins, worlds, mods(called addons on bedrock), etc, but they all cost money. Basically any addition to your game, even skins or texture packs, cost money on bedrock. On java, pretty much everything you would find on the marketplace is free to download. Java also has more multiplayer servers. More isn't always better but I do like the java servers better, but that's just my opinion. Java also has different combat. Bedrock combat is just keep clicking or pressing the attack button over and over, but java has an attack cooldown that is very, and I mean very controversial. I don't mind it, but it is kinda annoying. Redstone is also different between the versions. Bedrock redstone is horrible to most. It is very inconsistent, and often times you will get 2 different results from the same contraption and have no idea why. Java redstone is still confusing, but for the most part it is consistent.
In my opinion I like java better for things like servers with addons, mods, and resource packs, not to mention the wonderful optifine, but bedrock is still worth playing because all bedrock platforms have crossplay, so playing with friends is better.

TL;DR Bedrock has crossplay and is better for playing with friends, but is horrible when it comes to customization and consistency in game mechanics, but java is better for things like resource packs, mods, or even skins as they aren't locked behind a paywall. I play bedrock for playing with friends and I play Java for the customized experience with things like resource packs and plugins on servers.
05/19/2020 12:13 pm
rekrap2
Thanks for all the input! I made a video on these differences and I think I included most of what you said, but I forgot to mention the lack of mods. this is the video if your curious. youtu.be/2k8AoxI7YO4
05/18/2020 8:42 am
BlazeDrake
You realize you can still get free stuff online for win10 and mobile? And you would be able to on consoles, but the consoles themselves don't allow it
05/18/2020 12:50 pm
Cart3r
Yeah, I know some stuff is free, and you can import skins and worlds on windows 10, but like 99% of the marketplace is locked behind paywalls, and most editions of bedrock are console based. Minecraft and microtransactions don't mix, but Microsoft wants money. The character creator suffers the same fate, where most things cost minecoins and only a handful of items are free.
05/18/2020 1:21 pm
BlazeDrake
I do agree the character creator needs more free clothes, or at least recolors, but the marketplace supports content creators in addition to mojang(I believe they get the biggest cut of it). It's also safe, compared to people who use ad.fly for their content.
05/18/2020 9:04 pm
Cart3r
You're right, I was only thinking of it from a player's perspective and not a creator's perspective. While there are some garbage posts like the "Modern House" Maps (If you don't know what they are just look it up, its basically a 20 dollar map that's just a small house, and there's like 3 variations of the map), a majority of them are decent and it is good to support the creators, but I like the ability of java to be able to just download stuff when and if I want new things like maps, mods, etc.
05/18/2020 10:01 pm
BlazeDrake
Yeah, it would be great if you were allowed to download stuff form mc on consoles
05/17/2020 11:09 pm
rekrap2
thanks for the comment! verry informational. I'm making a video right now that's called "letter to bedrock players" and your info should help alot. I've never used bedrock before so I'm totally in the dark
05/17/2020 10:06 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Java Edition is the classic version of Minecraft. Bedrock Edition refers to Windows 10 Edition as well as the console versions of Minecraft. If you want to use mods and customize your skin and stuff like that, you're going to want to use Java. If you more concerned about performance and being able to cross-play with friends who play on consoles, Bedrock Edition is the way to go.
05/17/2020 10:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Chef
CorporalKeith
Minecraft Java Edition is played on the PC or Mac and Bedrock Edition is played on smaller devices like tablets or Iphones.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome