Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Bedrock Edition keyboard_arrow_right Discussion

Create Forum Thread

Why I hate the Minecraft Bedrock Edition

5 emeralds26 replies841 views
created 12/10/2019 1:40 pm by space_wolf history
last reply 01/04/2020 10:59 am
Hi everyone, have you heard that Playstation let Mojang to release Bedrock edition on PS4. Well, I FREAKING HATE THIS VERSION!!!

MOJANG WHY DID YOU RUIN MINECRAFT AND YOU NEVER GONNA UPDATE THE CONSOLE EDITIONS AGAIN?!!!

Any opinions anyone?

Thank you,

space_wolf
Posted by avatar
space_wolf
Level 1 : New Network

comment Login or register to post a reply.

26 replies

12/31/2019 8:17 am
EndyWulf
This is a touchy and irritating topic. I normally wouldn't post on such a thing, but I have to say this because some comments here are just opinions and not facts. I hope I can share a little on the topic.

First, Bedrock isn't "ruining" Minecraft. Version exclusives have been a thing since the different companies started making games. And this isn't a bad thing, but for general gamers, such as myself, it is frustrating at times if you want to play Kingdom Hearts and have an Xbox or play Halo and have a PS. So a different game engine working on the same game is bound to have differences and in some ways, make the game "better". I personally was irritated before when I HAD to switch (PC limitations) but ultimately, I love the fact potions can be put into cauldrons without a mod.

Second, Java and Bedrock are "VERSIONS" for the reason of Operating System specs and mobile availability. A PC can be manufactured and upgraded to support so much more stress where as consoles and mobile devices are weaker and subject to many limitations. This requires a smaller, but just as powerful (for infinite Random Generation) engine to run all the features possible and to allow things that were originally wanted, as interoperative as that is. So Bedrock is Multiplatform for many device limitations and Java is solidly PC. This means differences are going to be a thing.

Third, and I'll make this last point where there are so many more I can make, you don't HAVE to play a version you don't like. This is based on what Microsoft and Mojang can do with limitations and availability of code. Java and C++ are two completely different codding and thus can't be easily translated over to one another. So you don't like Bedrock? Play Java. Don't like Java? Play Bedrock.

I Love both versions for their different Pros. The Cons are there, but I can only play one at the moment because of limitations. I'd love to get back into Java, but Bedrock is still great in it's own way! And for me, everything is getting something subscription based or even micro transactions. So the marketplace (and there is a add-on creator so you don't have to buy things, but make them yourself) isn't too much of an issue. You can still buy ranks and perks on servers and Bedrock gives more detailed and out of the norm skins you can buy.

So the final thought. Don't hate something and try to bring it down for others just because you have an opinion. We are all still Minecrafters and LOVE the game! And just as the Original song "Thank You" stated, we all play the game differently! It's not for any one person to tell us what to think or how to play! You don't have to "LIKE" all versions, but recognize we are all Craftians!

      ~EndyWulf <3
01/04/2020 10:15 am
space_wolf
Thank you for your reply EndyWulf :)
12/26/2019 3:50 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Pangamma
Bedrock is pretty much killing the Java edition servers. I agree, it sucks.
12/26/2019 3:29 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
mcfan11
I dont really care about this update cuz I didnt anyway play often the PS4 edition, but I still liked the minigames. elytra etc.
12/26/2019 2:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Maximo890
spanish: tienes toda la razón, ademas tiene mejor estabilidad que la java edition pero eso no quita que solo esta para windows 10.

english: you are absolutely right, it also has better stability than the java edition but that does not mean that it is only for windows 10
12/28/2019 11:30 am
space_wolf
gracias

thank you
12/26/2019 2:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Lucielianna
I hate it too honestly I lasted 5 minutes before I deleted it. Heck I've even cried over this damn update because i loved minecraft the way it was on ps4, the main reason I played it there was because i preferred that layout and now they've gone and destroyed it. I'll probably never play minecraft again because of this I just want it to go back. I wish I'd played more while I had the chance :(
12/26/2019 3:03 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pirate
Avaixus
Get a PC & connect a PS4 controller with bluetooth if you want to experience minecraft. They only want to switch to bedrock edition so they can control everything & make more money with in-game purchases. Minecraft was designed to be a buy once & play forever for free type of game. Microsoft are a bunch of greedy ass holes who want to destroy this business model which is FAR better for the consumer.
12/11/2019 4:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
itsbenthepikachu
I prefer Java where it has many customizable stuff that Bedrock doesn't have. It also takes me awhile than Java to find caves with diamonds.
12/11/2019 3:32 pmhistory
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
Toshnika
I despise (little strong) bedrock edition. It is massively lacking the the customization ability that makes Minecraft (Java Edition)* so good.
* Will simply be referred to as Minecraft.
Bedrock does have some cool exclusives, don't get me wrong, but they aren't critical. In fact, the lack of certain redstone mechanics is a major negative exclusive of bedrock. And marketplace is just treason.
Oh, and bedrock never got the good new combat of 1.9, and the even better combat of the combat tests. Or curses.
12/15/2019 6:54 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragonborn
TobySuren
what about pushing containers?
12/11/2019 3:15 pm
space_wolf
Thank you to everyone who replied and yes I do think that the Bedrock edition a waste of money.
12/10/2019 10:28 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Makaneek
Sorry PMC skinners, but I have yet to see a Minecraft skin I'd pay for.
12/26/2019 3:06 pmhistory
Avaixus
Paying for skins is a completely stupid idea, maps were created for years just for fun by community members & not as a business model. Greed is destroying everything that made minecraft what it is. As master Roshi says, "a flame flickers most violent before it goes out" Minecraft just had a big boom & now it's going to die, leaving Microsoft with so much lost revenue.
01/04/2020 10:59 am
TobySuren
Greed is destroying a lot more than just Minecraft these days.
12/26/2019 5:22 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Auri
I can't really comment on map-making but dya mind elaborating upon your views on marketplace (MP) skins?

If you're concerned about MP commercialization ruining free skins, I've found that only a few skinners have gone exclusive to the MP while most other skinners associated with the MP continue to upload content freely to PMC. I suppose that's because skinning is far less time-intensive relative to any of the other forms of user-content. With that in mind and considering that an individual skin on PMC has a lower time-cost than an entire MP skin pack, skin artists still have a reason to upload to places like PMC. As such, I don't really see non-MP skinning being choked out by the marketplace.

If you take issue with paying for skins, you don't have to. I agree with Makaneek, there's not really any Bedrock skins I'd pay for; hence I don't. It's on Microsoft and co. to create a worthwhile proposition to players/consumers - other Bedrock players may find something of interest on the MP but you and I don't have to. At least with Bedrock on PC, afaik you can still upload skin .png files for yourself like you could with Java. Again, non-MP skinning is persisting and has been around for years, so if the MP has nothing you would pay for, we have a plethora of alternatives. Now I'm not sure if that feature is available to console/mobile Bedrock but I wouldn't expect much of walled-garden platforms anyway.
12/10/2019 4:58 pm
TobySuren
Why does everyone I come across seem to hate Bedrock. Sure, there's the marketplace but there are like 35 things on there that are free anyways. Redstone is different, but tell me when you build a railgun with a dispenser fetape on any other version in vanilla. Your farms aren't going to work just like everyone's farms when everyone moved onto the V&P update, no matter Bedrock or Java. As for why they probably did it, if you were a games company, would you rather have to update 1/2 versions that are different or like 8. Where are the bees on Bedrock? They're coming tomorrow. Sorry if I'm being mean but it's slightly annoying that pretty much 4/5 of PMC seems to hate Bedrock.
12/26/2019 3:07 pm
Avaixus
Bedrock sucks, end of story.
12/10/2019 6:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Shadaik
The change was just too sudden and jaring, alienating players. The sheer amount of change in an update with just one day of preparation can hit you like a brick wall.
Having to change so much stuff at once isn't fun, it's a particularly unpleasant chore. It feels roughly like having to start from scratch after a corrupted safe. That's not what a game should ever be like.
12/11/2019 11:54 am
TobySuren
If you are able to go onto the save files on your playstation, you may be able to recover some stuff, but you can think of the bright side. There are lots of bedrock content creators that you can steal borrow ideas from that may not have worked on PS4.
12/14/2019 4:11 am
Shadaik
I have come up with a solution for me in the meantime: I play my old world via the "editions" option and have started a new world for bedrock. I had to rebuild so much, I figured I might as well start again.
It does have its benefits - e.g. I wanted to overhaul my custom village but had run into issues with the old layout being in the way of more advanced and larger house designs.

As I did before, I used my username as seed and it makes for a nice world. I even found my ideal location - mountains, plains, and an ocean bordering each other - day one.
Overall, the positives win when starting a new world, even though it will be a long way back to getting the ressources to build a lot of stuff I had before. Just a shame about the legacy world. It had some really cool features (Monument next to a Fortress within sight of a Mansion, where I wanted to build a dimensional embassy; also a naturally generated mountain that looks like Squidward giving onlookers the finger).But so does every world, I suppose.

Still, Bedrock PS4 was a shock when it hit just one day after it was announced. That's what's behind my, and probably many others', initial reaction.
12/15/2019 6:53 pm
TobySuren
Ok. I'm fine with that.
12/10/2019 4:34 pm
Shadaik
I was hyped for the update, but now that I've seen it, I'm not happy about it.

Half my farms stopped running, snow golem escaped the snow farm completely, librarians stopped selling enchanted books, hostile mobs don't despawn anymore, flying machines either convulse in on themselves or stop moving completely.

What happened to the farms:

Iron farm stopped spawning golems completely.
Villager-powered vegetable farm had the farmers stop farming, they're just standing there. I think they got assigned to the wrong composters and/or beds during conversion.
Poison Spiders can now get out through the fence post that kept them inside the kil chamber

The carpet duper I used to feed a furnace also broke, but I expected that to happen sooner or later.

One or two farms breaking - not a problem, that is to be expected in an update. But this is ridiculous.

On the positive side: Functionally infinite world, most mob caps are gone, and iron golems are great now
12/10/2019 1:59 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Pixus
I guess it makes them more money, but hey, I'm not part of Mojang so I've got no idea what their motives were for it.
12/11/2019 3:35 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
Toshnika
Yeah, I want to keep the game I'm make full indie forever, as it's not even intended as remotely a main income source, just a hobby I could potentially get some pocket change off.
12/10/2019 1:47 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
the almighty birb
i mean if bedrock edition COMPLETELY redid the graphics engine and UTTERLY REHAULED the gameplay to be more like the BETTER editions (a.k.a java and legacy editions) then it MIGHT not be that terrible.. but the odds of that are little to none...
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome