ZORK for Bedrock?child_care

skythrusters3/15/22 8:12 pm history
5/12/2022 11:57 pm
Cheezegangster
Can anyone point me to a world map for any versions of ZORK created for Bedrock?

Any Minecraft ZORK related content for Bedrock will be helpful.
Thanks.

Zork was my favorite game as a kid, and I've been pondering ways to maybe develop a version of it, or something similar. But I'd like to see what has already been done, any coding already created, etc. to get some ideas. For the most part, I'd be using coding ideas RGAP Creative has already developed for it's, Washington Has Fallen adventure, but I'd want to design from scratch. I have some of the original maps of Zork.

Thanks
Posted by avatar
skythrusters
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/16/2022 9:40 am
Level 1 : New Collective
Cheezegangster
Cheezegangster avatar
Idk anyone else that knows Zork bro this would be next lvl
05/09/2022 4:59 pm
skythrusters
skythrusters avatar
Thanks for the feedback.
It's definitely been on my mind a lot lately.
03/24/2022 9:47 amhistory
skythrusters
skythrusters avatar
I found a couple of really old maps from years ago that do not work on Bedrock. Maybe they were Java. But the creator had comments with it that basically said there were key aspects of it that they were unable to reproduce because of the way the real text version of Zork Works.
I've been developing the Washington Has Fallen Minecraft Adventure for around three or four years now, and in many ways, it has a lot of never seen before techniques and coding that work very much like how aspects of a graphical version of Zork might work. I'm absolutely positive a challenging and entertaining version could be created.
It would require a lot of planning, creative coding, and methods I'm currently coding with that set and reset events, triggers that change elements within the same space, etc.
I also have some ideas about using NPC's and mobs in dark spaces to carry out the functions of the Lurking Grue.

It is definitely something I am pondering for when Washington Had Fallen is finished beta.

You have any experience coding with command blocks or creative adventures within Minecraft Cheezegangster or any interest in learning?
05/12/2022 11:57 pm
Cheezegangster
Cheezegangster avatar
please private message me and we can exchange discords and such
05/12/2022 5:36 pm
Cheezegangster
Cheezegangster avatar
I have a huge interest in learning all about coding I learned a little bit on command blocks but I feel like I’m a very like hands on in the sense of learning it I can learn how to play games on YouTube but I caint study off of it I need someone to do it with in game or real time something with challenges to it not just copy and paste I wanna get in to modded stuff and just kinda need the right person to push me in the right direction would love any help you could send this way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2022
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome