Featured servers are not a good thing

4 emeralds11 replies129 views
Mallusai started 07/01/2020 1:46 am history
chitmoegd replied 07/15/2020 2:07 am
So i was thinking about featured servers and i have ended up in the result that they are not a very helpful thing for minecraft server owners. Here is why:

  You know, in java there are no featured servers, so people have to look for a server to play. In bedrock however, most people do not search for servers to play on and just jump onto featured ones. This makes bedrock server owners have a really hard time getting a player base. If there were no featured servers, only servers that had good support, or quality games that people would like would be popular, those are servers like hive, cubecraft, those servers have a java community support behind them and were able to build a quality server.
  
  these 2 are not the only good servers, however. There are also very good servers, but they are not as popular, why you ask? Because people do not see, know, or notice them because most of them play on featured servers instead of other servers that are also good!

  Now you might be saying that most featured servers are very high quality. Yes servers like hive, cubecraft, lifeboat probably had the time and budget to build those servers, but they still would not get as many players. Galaxite, especially would not get that 2000 players if they were not featured.

Think about this: A java server can get about 100 people if its a quality server and is advertised properly. Yes it will get players and then many people will quit but it will still be able to grow with a small community. Bedrock servers will barely get some players for a while even if it advertises properly and is good, nobody will check those server lists because they can just go onto featured servers, right?

So yeah, featured servers are like a wall, people are on one side, living in a nice home and being rich. While there are many other nice experiences behind that wall. (idk i could not come up with something good).

Thanks for reading.
Posted by avatar
Mallusai
Level 1 : New Network

comment Login or register to post a reply.

11 replies

07/15/2020 2:07 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
chitmoegd
bruh ur just looking for an excuse to get rid of f.servers and adding ur own server so it would be more popular and im not stupid
07/02/2020 8:06 am
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
It wont get removed. We are talking about Microsoft here...

MS partner with these featured servers so that they can get a percentage of the micro transactions purchased on these servers. At least that is my understanding anyway...

Bedrock is all about making money from children by way of micro transactions. This is the direction in which all console and mobile games are heading.

Welcome to the future of gaming.
07/02/2020 8:22 am
Mallusai
Thanks (no joke)
07/01/2020 11:42 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Knoc_Knoc_Its_Dead_Acc
Bedrock can't even compare to Java. Java is superior in multiple ways, and honestly seeing all these anthropomorphic skins that blink and stuff is really really creepy, you could show this to a veteran who hasn't played in a decade and they wouldn't recognize the game. I guess that's the fate of every mobile game (which is also owned by Microsoft, eugh)
07/01/2020 3:29 pm
Mallusai
This is not even about the topic, stop getting on bedrock threads and saying java is superior. Bedrock is made for a reason. Microsoft wanted minecraft to be cross platform, and quickly be able to be compatible with new consoles and devices. They had to do either one of those: Remove java, rewrite the code in c++ (required for it to be compatible with consoles.), and then pretty much release that. This would end up with EVERYTHING in the game resetting. Worlds, servers, realms etc.. Now obviously people did not want that. So they did the 2nd thing they could go with; Do not remove java, write the code in c++, release it as an alternate version and now there is bedrock. The newer version of the game that is compatible with many devices.

also java has bad combat haha
07/02/2020 7:29 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Knoc_Knoc_Its_Dead_Acc
I'll carefully treasure your opinions in my special place. Thank you for your time!
07/02/2020 8:04 am
Mallusai
feels ironic but ok
07/01/2020 11:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Antguy876
Agreed
07/01/2020 11:30 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
SKYDIAMONDS1
I agree! Get rid of featured servers!
07/01/2020 3:32 pm
Mallusai
not get rid of them, but just remove the featured tab. so that people have to look for a server for themselves.
07/01/2020 4:24 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
SKYDIAMONDS1
That’s what I meant the server can still exist just not be featured
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome