Can't Advertise on this website?

HighBridRed's Avatar HighBridRed6/7/17 5:24 pm
1 emeralds 306 5
6/7/2017 6:30 pm
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
The planet minecraft forums doesn't let people design or make builds, models, signatures, logos or anything for anyone on this forum website?
I just got a warning message saying I can't sell or advertise, and I wanted to know why that's even a thing, since this website is all about advertising your skill and helping the community with your skills.

Build Teams
Modeling
Building
Illustrations
Texture Packs

All these things keep this site running, but they won't let us make money for our efforts?
I need answers because if that's true then whats the point in helping anyone on this site at all, if you cant advertise anything.
HighBridRed
Level 27 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/07/2017 6:30 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
Ok

you can advertise, there is nothing against advertising as long as it follows our rules

regarding payment/commercial advertising

we don't do stuff like that on Planet Minecraft, it is against the site rules, you can advertise your skills and your services but you cannot advertise prices and offering to pay/be payed for the services advertised

Rules You may not post in any manner which promotes, or is intended to promote or generate revenue, for a business enterprise, or commercial activity. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals selling items, persuading a user to endorse a page on a social media site in return for reward or gain, or posting through link shortening services such as AdFly

another reason being that Planet Minecraft does not want to be the middle man in transactions taken place, we don't want any responsibility to any of these transactions taken place, we don't want to be dealing with those sorts of reports

if you have an issue with rules.features of the site and have better suggestions/ideas create a ticket, the forum was phased out for things like this along time ago when the ticket system was implemented

https://www.planetminecraft.com/tickets/new/

(if any mods wanna change or add to this go for it,)
06/07/2017 6:05 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
HighBridRed
FistoFBecause of scam.

There are ways around getting scammed, if your a good designer you know how to do business and handle the situation.

-Contracts
-watermarks
-Liability Insurance
-using test servers to demonstrate or sample projects
-get a moderator or staff member to monitor a live trade.

The site can also implement a trading system that you

06/07/2017 5:47 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
Also they are very cautious because as FistoF said scam but also fake and dangerous websites.
06/07/2017 5:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
Hi HighBridRed,

The warning message is there for everyone at the top of the submission page. The no advertisement refers to unauthorized advertisement of businesses, websites etc. No selling is a similar thing.
You can advertise a business etc. in forums under the correct section.

But that doesn't mean you can't advertise at all. As I stated above you can advertise is forums as long as it's in the correct category.
You can also ask for your (whatever) to be advertised as an ad on the side of the page.
To submit a request go here https://www.planetminecraft.com/contact/?topic=advertising

On a side note too you can request a build, signature, logo, youtube banner art etc. on forums. PMC is not just a forum site. It's a collaborative and active minecraft fan community for everyone.

I hope this has answered some or all of your questions.
06/07/2017 5:32 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wolf Whisperer
Myyoyo
Because of scam.
Everyone aren't like you; There's kind people who likes to help others for free.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome