Requesting critique and opinions!

Maddie's Avatar Maddie10/12/13 8:36 pm
11/3/2013 6:43 pm
PixelFury's Avatar PixelFury
Some of you may know me but some of you may not! I'd love to get some opinions on some of my art! Critique for my all-around art (not specifically on one piece).

Anything is appreciated!

You may judge from my minecraft art blog that is located here, or look at the below images for my non-minecraft related art!

(edit: you may right-click on any image and open it in a new tab to see the larger/full-version)

Any kind of critque or any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time! (If some of this art is not appropriate, as I couldn't really figure, I will gladly take it down if requested.)
Maddie
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2013 6:43 pm
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
PixelFury
Good work, especially with the proportions. However in the 4th picture her right leg seems a bit off and I guess you could say if you study her action line its a bit off.
10/29/2013 10:57 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Timmingt0n
[HIGH PITCHED SQUEALING]

Your art style is so unique I love it!

Don't ever stop!
10/14/2013 1:52 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
As for constructive criticism, I'd say practice your necks a bit (numbers 1, 3 and 5 are veering into giraffe territory) and watch the wrist and ankle in number 2. Besides those, my untrained eyes don't see other glaring flaws.
10/14/2013 6:07 pm
Maddie
Thank you! Could you possibly give me some critique on the image I posted in this page? I'm checking for any improvement since I got all these helpful resources from you all.
10/14/2013 1:06 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
omg you have the cutest MC cuties!!!

pleease make cutie pie GarretSidzaka for me
!!! plz plz plz
http://mcskinsearch.com/skin/GarretSidzaka
10/14/2013 1:02 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
elfin8er
I'm not an artist or anything, but I think these look great! Keep it up! Far better than anything I could do for sure.
10/14/2013 1:09 am
Maddie
Thanks a lot! I still have a lot of potential for improvement~ ehehe ; v ;

GarretSidzakaomg you have the cutest MC cuties!!!

pleease make cutie pie GarretSidzaka for me
!!! plz plz plz
http://mcskinsearch.com/skin/GarretSidzaka

I'm sorry, this isn't a request thread, and I don't have requests open anyways right now..

--------------------------

I just finished this, is this improving at all?

10/13/2013 11:37 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
You're off to a good start! I'm currently practicing digital art at the moment as well, since I'm already pretty skilled with traditional painting. I used to be really bad, but a few of my friends on Tumblr are amazing digital artists and they are always helping me get better. What I've found that helps me most (especially with anatomy and form, I'm all good with shading for the most part, since I can already paint) is analyzing my friend's art, or just random drawings I come across on the internet. Like, it doesn't even take me that long, maybe 30 seconds or something. I just look at their technique and make mental notes for myself, so I can try some of the things out the next time I start drawing.

I know people are giving you crap about anatomy, and I don't know if it's 'your style' or not, but I have a few sites that have helped me with anatomy. This, this and this. Most days I will get a pose from that last site, and open it up in Photoshop and just trace around it (maybe altering parts) and just taking note of the shape and form. I know it sounds like 'cheating' but it's actually really good for practice and you get more and more confident with form each time. I hope this has helped you out a bit, I wish I also had resources for shading too, but I'm afraid I don't, because I don't really need it! Your work is pretty good though. c:
10/13/2013 11:29 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
They look really nice, but I'm going to have agree with Eeirail. It doesn't hurt to try to get better proportions out of your drawings, just a little bit. As with the fourth picture, the ears seem out of place, just a bit.
10/14/2013 12:42 am
Maddie
Thank you! I'll start trying to improve on my anatomy and proportions. I have quite the bad habit with necks.. Although I believe I'm improving on noses as well as eye placement at the moment!

ExurbiaYou're off to a good start! I'm currently practicing digital art at the moment as well, since I'm already pretty skilled with traditional painting. I used to be really bad, but a few of my friends on Tumblr are amazing digital artists and they are always helping me get better. What I've found that helps me most (especially with anatomy and form, I'm all good with shading for the most part, since I can already paint) is analyzing my friend's art, or just random drawings I come across on the internet. Like, it doesn't even take me that long, maybe 30 seconds or something. I just look at their technique and make mental notes for myself, so I can try some of the things out the next time I start drawing.

I know people are giving you crap about anatomy, and I don't know if it's 'your style' or not, but I have a few sites that have helped me with anatomy. This, this and this. Most days I will get a pose from that last site, and open it up in Photoshop and just trace around it (maybe altering parts) and just taking note of the shape and form. I know it sounds like 'cheating' but it's actually really good for practice and you get more and more confident with form each time. I hope this has helped you out a bit, I wish I also had resources for shading too, but I'm afraid I don't, because I don't really need it! Your work is pretty good though. c:

Thanks so much for the resources! I'll favorite these right away!

Haha, I actually got a lot of my skill from "tracing" other art; it seriously helps when I want to make my own stuff.. tis' weird.

Thank you guys!
10/13/2013 12:44 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
Krypto
The 4th one looks a bit weird
10/13/2013 1:51 am
Maddie
Could you maybe be specific? It'd really help me out!
10/12/2013 11:16 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
Eeirail
Alright here goes nothing.
You need to work on the physical structure of your art style is not at all proportionate. I know, you're going to say that "It is my style". However, it's not a style, it is an excuse not to get the right proportions. I think you need to work on them a bit, and the coloration in the first one is a bit to bright for no reason with no apparent light source.

These are a few things I noticed point blank.
10/13/2013 12:41 am
Maddie
I hope I haven't given off the vibe that I try to excuse it as my style beforehand. s:

Thank you very much! I have proportion books, I'll take a closer look at some more tutorials.

The first piece doesn't have a definite light source, rather it was just drawn. I had no intention of too much shading other than the neck and hair line.

Thank you so much for your critique, I appreciate it!
10/12/2013 8:40 pm
Level 47 : Master Gent
Jhent
man your art always looks great! *Is so confused at how any of this is possible...* its just the fuzzy blurry *not to blurry* effect that gives it a cartoon feel. I love it all!
10/12/2013 8:39 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
to be honest maddie your work is amazing. Now i usually don't say this
because i like to think i'm the best there is but your work is really nice! And i don't care about long necks anymore xD they make your art look more original
10/12/2013 8:39 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
Strange_Chemicals
they all look very nice!

what program do you use to make these?
10/12/2013 8:41 pm
Maddie
I use Paint Tool SAI for all my art!

MayuriYandereto be honest maddie your work is amazing. Now i usually don't say this
because i like to think i'm the best there is but your work is really nice! And i don't care about long necks anymore xD they make your art look more original

Jhentman your art always looks great! *Is so confused at how any of this is possible...* its just the fuzzy blurry *not to blurry* effect that gives it a cartoon feel. I love it all!

Thank you for your feedback! haha, lots of practice and lots of free-time~
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome