Should I learn how to draw with my left hand?

Lockexi's Avatar Lockexi7/22/19 12:44 pm
3 emeralds 199 6
7/23/2019 2:00 pm
No0neInParticular's Avatar No0neInParticular
I've been thinking about it. I'm right-handed, and I've been putting my right hand through some serious use for most of my life so far, and now I'm in my mid-twenties, and I just think my right hand will wear out long before my left hand. Then I would have to learn how to draw all over again with my left hand instead of my right.

So, what?

Poll ended 07/29/2019 12:44 pm.

Lockexi
Level 25 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2019 2:00 pmhistory
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
No0neInParticular
You should go for it!

My Friend tired using her left hand for 2 weeks,
but after she was done, she kinda FORGOT how to use her right hand.😅
So also use your right hand when practicing !!!
07/23/2019 1:54 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
CharChar4321
Here is why: as you get older, you get weaker, and your arms get less steady. This means that you might need another arm to write with or to support yourself. Also, you can draw better details by being ambidextrous.
07/23/2019 1:49 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
CharChar4321
I think that you should use your left too
07/23/2019 1:43 pm
Lockexi
Well so far I see that I can draw straight lines, rough lines, and circles about as smooth with my left hand as I can with my right, but it feels awkward and is a little less accurate.
07/23/2019 1:20 pm
Level 23 : Expert Goblin
Robynetta
Learning to draw with your left hand would be a handy (pun not intended) but ultimately useless and needlessly difficult thing to focus on, especially if you're not already ambidextrous. If you're worried about your right hand deteriorating over the years, I'd suggest just practicing joint stretches, like the ones listed here- but as long as you know when to take breaks from your work (i.e. if you hand starts to hurt from strain, taking an hour or so to rest it) I doubt you'd have any problems with your hand until you're a few decades older or at all.

If you still want to learn how to draw with your left hand, go ahead! I'd be a neat trick to show to your friends at the least, even if it would be difficult to get used to.
07/23/2019 1:22 pm
Lockexi
Hey thanks! Maybe I'll practice with my left for fun, but not put much focus on it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome