The Locust - The Adventure Begins [Minecraft Comic]

spacemonkiee's Avatar spacemonkiee4/28/12 3:52 pm
7/23/2012 3:35 pm
heartattack360's Avatar heartattack360

I started working on a little web comic about a month ago to go about the superhero skin that I entered into the monthly Superheroes vs Villains. I originally planned on writing just 2 or 3 parts to the comic but it was a pretty big hit and this motivated me to write even more of them and now its turned into a bit of an epic. ;D

I'd really appreciate if you guys gave it a quick look. Hopefully you all like it and I would love to get any and all feedback about it.

The Locust - Part One
The Locust - Part Two
The Locust - Part Three
The Locust - Part Four

Hope everyone enjoyed it and thanks for checking it out.
spacemonkiee
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2012 3:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
heartattack360
cool, i found the locust skin and wandered what it was from so i googled it and found this
05/05/2012 3:19 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Narwhal
imlr
It might just be another interactive book series since I'm no comic artists, actually. haha.

Drawing people's heroes and villains can be pretty demanding, it's all pixelated and I may mix up the details!
05/04/2012 10:37 pm
spacemonkiee
Sounds like a great idea of a comic strip, especially the one about Exeter. Love to see your take on him. You definitely need to do some others from the Heroes contest as well cause I loved what you did with all those chibi character pics. LOL XD
05/02/2012 11:58 pm
imlr
Well..."Interactive" in a sense that you'll be able to turn pages by clicking the next button function.

Gray Coat is a bit quiet- almost to a point to where I can call her mute. However, she'd probably be thinking, "Thank God I have these goggles." towards The Locust anyways. Thinking more about meeting Exeter, I accidentally made a whole new plot with him and my character, along with my unannounced one as well. haha.
05/02/2012 10:10 pm
spacemonkiee
imlrWith my origins story, it'll be months before I move on to another series anyways. Drawing complete artworks, even with minimal colors, will be so time-consuming...but worth it in the end, probably. haha.

I'm sure it'll be good. The idea alone of it being "interactive" has me really intrigued, add your art style to the mix and you're sure to have a winner.

imlrI'd imagine my hero, Gray Coat, finding The Locust to be so outrageous with his bright outfit, and judge Exeter for his mask and go all philosophical on him or something.

Great minds. I thought the same thing about Gray Coat and Locust. Her picking apart his over-the-top costume and The Locust is all "WTF?" And it would be so hilarious to see her go all deep on Exeter, maybe trying to figure out "what's he hiding behind there" and delving into his insecurities. Wacky fun.

gibaxdUmm Its great but what web are you using?

I don't use a website to make the comic. It's all done with Minecraft and Photoshop.
05/02/2012 12:27 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
iDarwin
Umm Its great but what web are you using?
05/02/2012 12:24 pm
imlr
With my origins story, it'll be months before I move on to another series anyways. Drawing complete artworks, even with minimal colors, will be so time-consuming...but worth it in the end, probably. haha.

I'd imagine my hero, Gray Coat, finding The Locust to be so outrageous with his bright outfit, and judge Exeter for his mask and go all philosophical on him or something.
05/02/2012 10:48 am
spacemonkiee
imlrI feel as if I may continue my hero's story after her origins are released. Who knows? Maybe I'll try to do a crossover comic series where I make small strips of my hero's reactions and interaction with other heroes and possibly villains. She's so introverted that I have to poke fun at her. Haha

I reckon I'll probably continue with Locust after I've finished his origins too, but won't do it until much, much later. Making a comic is just too time consuming, ya know. Love to see what you make with the mini-series, especially the if you take a sketch show comedic angle. You're more than welcome to have some fun with Locust or Exeter. Be hilarious to see how she'd react to them.
05/01/2012 3:09 pm
imlr
Yup, because if you got it out there, there's no use holding it back any more.

I feel as if I may continue my hero's story after her origins are released. Who knows? Maybe I'll try to do a crossover comic series where I make small strips of my hero's reactions and interaction with other heroes and possibly villains. She's so introverted that I have to poke fun at her. Haha
05/01/2012 12:58 pm
spacemonkiee
I originally didn't want to mass post all the comics cause it's a lot to read in one hit, especially since they grow in size and dialog with each proceeding part, but now that you mention it doesn't make sense to post it later cause you'll never see it cause it'll be on the first post. I'll sort it out now.

And yeah, it's great seeing everyone's take on adventure and superhero comics. I'm too close to my comic to really enjoy it so it's great to get the chance to enjoy other people's stuff.
05/01/2012 11:59 am
imlr
btw, why have you only made part one of your comic series available on this thread? Your other parts have already been released.

Oh, and congratulations at inspiring others to create comics. I've been seeing people considering it a lot more recently! c:
04/30/2012 1:16 pm
spacemonkiee
RoxthesoxLooks very nice, I like how you've used minecraft skins, builds, and screenshots to make the comic rather than just drawing it.

Thanks. I thought that it made sense to do it like that on a website dedicated the Minecraft, not to mention it makes it easier to piece the whole thing together. ;D
04/30/2012 1:05 pm
spacemonkiee
Cool. Sounds interesting. Can't wait to read it.
04/30/2012 12:17 pm
imlr
Actually, mine will be like little (interactive) books for each episode rather than the traditional comic. c:
04/30/2012 1:52 am
Level 29 : Expert Blockhead
Blockorz
I already know all of 'em :C To the Photoshop! To make my own webcomic :B
04/30/2012 1:47 am
imlr
Complete support for this from me!

Hopefully I can get my series ready and successful as well. c:
04/30/2012 11:26 am
spacemonkiee
Thanks imlr. Can't wait to see what you make. Love your art style, especially when you draw the Locust. ;D

BlockorzI already know all of 'em :C To the Photoshop! To make my own webcomic :B

I love that there are gonna be more comics on PMC. I've seen a least two more after I started doing it and it was so great to read them. Love it!
04/29/2012 9:28 pm
spacemonkiee
Indeed it is. Can't wait till I finish Parts 5 and 6. Just hope they look as epic as they do in my head.
04/29/2012 9:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
steven51235
epic
04/29/2012 9:15 pm
spacemonkiee
Thanks! Glad you like it.
04/29/2012 8:46 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Dinodaw
Looks great!