What do you think of 1.13? (Update Aquatic)

Moldomre's Avatar Moldomre2/20/18 2:18 pm history
3/2/2018 4:04 pm
Crazywolfcortez's Avatar Crazywolfcortez
[[DISCLAIMER: Personally, I like 1.9 PvP, but that's just a different poll.]]

What do you think of the upcoming Update Aquatic? The results will be shown soon!

UPDATE: Now that with the new snapshot, what're your thoughts on those underwater ravines, caves, and fish? (Entities now! Personally, I think they're AWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!)

Poll ended 02/27/2018 2:18 pm.

Moldomre
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/02/2018 4:02 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Crazywolfcortez
i love the 1.9 pvp its more realistic (most players asked for it)
02/24/2018 7:11 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Taco
Knux
I like the blocks and the new features but i hate the commands
02/24/2018 7:47 am
Moldomre
I agree mostly, but seeing as there're so many command wizards out there that'll probably have them all memorized within a month of release, one could go ask on a forum somewhere out there.
02/24/2018 7:15 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
The stripped logs I've got to say seem useful, can't wait til they come to bedrock edition in Q2 2018
of all the updates that happened, I'd say the aquatic update was one of the better ones. Dolphins and the fish being visible in the water now? ah sounds like a new idea for an aquarium.

I now have plans to construct an underwater observatory using glass. :)
02/24/2018 7:45 am
Moldomre
In regards to your mentioning of an aquarium, they have actually made the fish with that design in mind. If you grab a fish in a bucket, release it back into a cage of water or something, it won't despawn!

And yes, I hope to build something underwater as well! :)
02/24/2018 9:28 am
AGTRigorMortis
I must say I like the new water physics, though it may break some peoples farms, although they can use pistons for mob farming, it'll go great in my underground sewer system, I could put an iron bar cage over a pipe and the water would still run through. :)

I can imagine this being very beneficial for other peoples builds too, if water can now run through fences and presumably iron bars too. I wonder if lava has similar behaviour, be interesting to find out.
02/24/2018 7:06 am
AGTRigorMortis
I like the addition of turtles, because we all know Minecraft needed more species of animal :)

and the new hostile mob, the Phantom, which will add a challenge to players who have 5 nights of insomnia, if you got a well lit house or cavern, or have beds, it shouldn't be a problem. If you went 5 Mine craft days and don't have a bed, most likely, you are doing something wrong. Sheep spawn in a lot of locations. Me and a friend had a lit wooden hut within the first Minecraft day. :)
02/23/2018 9:34 am
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
ParkerTheDev
Actually 1.14 is supposed to be Update Aquatic. Unless they changed something --and I'm not aware--, it should stay the same..
02/23/2018 2:55 pm
Moldomre
They've decided to merge 1.13 and 1.14 into one update FYI.
02/23/2018 4:06 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
ParkerTheDev
Yeah, after I posted, I found out that they merged.
02/23/2018 1:00 am
Level 39 : Artisan Llama
Totocchio
Dolphins are my favourite animals, and I also love turtles. .w.
02/23/2018 8:31 am
Moldomre
Ya gotta feel for the turtles; Zombies tryin' every minute to break their eggs... :(
02/23/2018 9:09 am
Level 39 : Artisan Llama
Totocchio
Cri cri
02/22/2018 6:26 pm
Level 44 : Master Birb
LatitudeNorth
In my opinion, some of the stuff looks okay. The stripped logs and bark are a good addition, but personally the tridents and the new water physics look like a bit of an eyesore/hassle for builders.

Also, why do the two new mobs look like they were made by two different people?? oml.
02/23/2018 12:44 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
I believe that they are changing the idea for the water phisics a bit. for what I have heard, it doesn’t flow through blocks like fences, but when you place a fence in a scource block of water, it won’t have that airpocket. So you can still use signs for the water transport lines, but for underwater building it looks way better, because you can use slabs and stairs without airpockets.
02/22/2018 8:35 pm
Moldomre
I actually haven't checked; does water flow through fences now? Along with through open doors? If so then I agree with you completely; as for the two mobs, do you mean Phantoms and Turtles? Or the Fish? Or what?
02/23/2018 12:16 am
Level 44 : Master Birb
LatitudeNorth
I don't believe they've fully implemented the physics to the snapshot, but I'm told that they will make water flow through transparent blocks like fences and doors.

The Phantoms and Turtles seem strange. The turtles have super shiny skins, while I can't really decipher pixel from pixel on the phantom.
02/24/2018 7:41 am
Moldomre
Well, I think they did that to make similarities between Phantom and Enderman, since at night you can't tell what the pixels are on either.

Honestly, I do miss the original Turtle design from their article on Minecraft.Net, but I think they made a big change because sea turtles in real life are huge. As for their skin, I don't mind.
02/22/2018 6:52 am
Moldomre
OK, so lemme remind you of something. We are discussing 1.13, not 1.9's combat. I just put that in there for comedic purposes, as most people I've seen don't like both updates.
02/21/2018 10:43 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
Gameknight14
I admit oceans are a bit dull, but minecraft is supposed to be a simple 8 bit game. Its supposed to be interesting, but I don't think turtles are the right way to go. If you want turtles and even stranger creatures of the deep, just get some mods! Some sites ARE still safe you know.
02/22/2018 6:49 am
Moldomre
Honestly, I just roll with the punches. It's their game and they can put whatever they want in it.

You (Not necessarily you, GameKnight14) don't like the new features? Fine. Either don't use those features or stop playing for good. I say the same thing about 1.9 combat. They ain't changing it, so play on creative or just stop playing.
02/22/2018 6:52 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Yeah, but I rather like the new PVP, as someone who's played it since 2009, I had never liked the old system for PVP/PVE. And very few things I haven't liked, otherwise I wouldn't enjoy this game.
02/24/2018 12:01 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragon
bognog04
I agree striker107 The old way archers put at a INCREDIBLE disadvantage
02/21/2018 5:56 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
WHY NOT GET RID OF THE STUPID COMBAT!!!!!
Or at least make a gamerule to turn it off.
03/02/2018 4:04 pm
Crazywolfcortez
because it rocks
02/24/2018 12:44 am
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
the new combat is great, its not a jitterclicking competition anymore
02/21/2018 9:36 pm
Moldomre
Ehh, I'd rather just have a gamerule if it has to be changed at all (See my above point). However, might as well just drop the subject, as Jeb as already stated that it's gonna be permanent.
02/21/2018 1:55 pm
FuelZ
I agree with Karrthus and ShelLuser, the oceans do seem very dull and an update to fix that is huge. Bodies of water will now look alive, and squids will finally have some friends lol
02/21/2018 4:02 pm
Moldomre
#SaveTheSquidsXD! If mob A had been chosen at MineCon this year, squids would've had just even more baddies to terrorize them! :(

(They already had Guardians. I must admit though, seeing the Guardians for the first time trying to kill the ever-respawning squids was hilarious!)
02/21/2018 10:22 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
the oceans were pretty much dead content, im looking forward to seeing what happens, might motivate me to start up minecraft again
02/21/2018 3:59 pm
Moldomre
Yeah, me too. At the moment the only thing I really do with Minecraft is play the snapshots and make resource packs! XD
02/21/2018 5:20 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
dolphins m8 c:
02/20/2018 3:26 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I think they made a really smart decision by combining 1.14 and 1.13. This way we get the best of both worlds in one update.

Sure, it's going to be a major drag when you find out that all your current stuff will completely break down. But in return you'll get something much more extensive (now talking about the new command set) and also much more inviting to gameplay (now talking about the in-game changes) than before.

I think that 1.13 is going to be one of "those" updates which will have an ever lasting impact. For good or bad. Note: I also consider 1.9 to be such an update, even today players discuss the combat changes (see your point) and no matter if you're in favor or against there's no denying that the update left its mark.

That's what I also see with 1.13. But in a much more positive way, because it will give you everything you need to make the game do what you want. Even more than ever before.
02/20/2018 4:19 pmhistory
Moldomre
I completely agree, especially with your point about commands. Yes, your stuff may get destroyed, but they've made it easier to know when you're doing something wrong.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome