What must every good lobby/hub have?

GreenMist10's Avatar GreenMist104/24/19 8:07 pm
3 emeralds 152 5
5/30/2019 10:48 am
failoutboy's Avatar failoutboy
What does a server lobby have to have to make you think "geez, this is a really good lobby"?
GreenMist10
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/25/2019 9:52 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
failoutboy
Needs to be easy to navigate! A simple, yet clean design. I personally like smaller hubs where you dont have to walk a million blocks to get to a portal, but also depends on the size of your server. Portals should be easily labeled and if the hub is open space, make sure theres something interesting in the background like a large artpiece or some mountains. Also, clearly marked paths. Nothing worse than signs that say "___ TO THE RIGHT" and theres nothing to the right.
04/25/2019 4:11 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Simple, easy to navigate (No small roads and corners that you can't see around) and something cool in the background to look at. Maybe a giant flying ship, or the classic: Giant dragons.

Depending on what sort of lobby it is, then it should have portals, or guides on how to get out of the lobby.
04/25/2019 3:54 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
For me, a lobby should be simple and intuitive. I fully agree with Nighthearted

And honestly these gigantic, over-the-top (yet incredibly skillfully built) lobbies aren't all that attractive to me. Might be fitting for very big servers, or creative building servers, but for smaller servers I'd rather see something that feels more cozy, self-built and approachable.
04/25/2019 2:37 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
EternalBlessing
In my opinion "don't" have one.
04/24/2019 10:29 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
It should be designed in a way that makes it easy to intuitively navigate. A lobby could be absolutely beautiful but if it isn't immediately clear which way the player should go or what they should do to get where they want, they're likely to get frustrated and never log on again. This is a bit less important if navigation is done through commands or a GUI, but the server should still tell them as a new player how to use these when they first join.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome