Dwarves vs Wizards (Need suggestions/ideas)

Efcluke94's Avatar Efcluke948/8/14 6:01 pm
8/12/2014 1:31 pm
Efcluke94's Avatar Efcluke94
Hi, so I recently posted this project:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/dwarfs-vs-wizards-work-in-progress/

Wizards Side

Dwarves Side

I would really like any suggestions on what to do, I have sort of hit a wall and would love ANY suggestions what to build. I have chosen the theme Dwarves vs Wizards. I have finished the majority of the Dwarf side, however I really need ideas for the Magic side. Thanks.

*note* This is going to be a PVP map minigame FYI
Efcluke94
Level 36 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/12/2014 1:18 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
there is a good bukkit plugin called "Magic Spells" by nisovan or something like that
08/12/2014 1:31 pm
Efcluke94
Am sure there are so many incredible plugins for this type gamemode, made by very dedicated developers. However this will be custom coded by our dev, to make it more unique.
08/12/2014 12:08 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pirate
FunkyKong
I think you should add some fires,then houses, catapults, and wagons on the dwarf side, and statues with negative potion dispenser traps and a giant tower on the wizard side.
08/12/2014 1:13 pm
Efcluke94
I orginally had catupults

However due to suggestions by the community, I think cannons would represent dwarves better. And I will add mana fire balls for the wizards. Thanks for the suggestions!
08/12/2014 10:09 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
samfinity
alright, what if the mage was summoning a fireball? or perhaps a dragon on his shoulder, or curled up around his legs?
08/12/2014 11:44 am
Efcluke94
Yeah maybe some mini dragons surrounding him, like khaleesi from Game of Thrones, thanks for the idea
08/12/2014 6:35 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
samfinity
Wow, this build looks awesome! maybe you could add some sort of bird on the magician statues shoulder. Also, what are you going to be doing with this build once its done?
08/11/2014 4:54 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Kontayes
uhmmm some more things came to mind

Dwarves are known for berserkers and only using axes
so only give them axes for weapons not swords to stick with lore

And if you can give them custom strength potions that last for only like 5 -10 seconds
but no real way to heal themselvs
and can give wizards like healing potions as they had time to learn it

Can put dragons in the air for ambient mood to signify the battlefield and along the walls to give it some more medieval look.

as dwarves are engineers can give them like a player launcher while they got featherfall boots so they get launched from base to like 1/4 way into the field, and
as for wizards can give them teleportors for same distance

if i think of anything else ill let you know.
08/12/2014 9:41 am
Efcluke94
Since I am only a builder not a developer, I will forward these ideas to them. Thank you for all your input, much appreciated

samfinityWow, this build looks awesome! maybe you could add some sort of bird on the magician statues shoulder. Also, what are you going to be doing with this build once its done?

Thank you! A bird on a shoulder kind of reminds me of a pirate or a hunter. At the moment I am working on several projects, I will soon upload a factions spawn I am working on, to my projects page.
08/11/2014 12:53 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
Darn looking good.
08/11/2014 3:07 pm
Efcluke94
Thanks, your skins are pretty badass too
08/11/2014 7:20 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Kontayes
why a dragon for dwarves?
Make it like a massive Anvil or Hammer or both.

As for other suggestions about what to add, give dwarves tunnels and wizards skywalks that both meet in the very middle.

Also dwarves should have cannons as said above same with the wizard shooting tower.

Give Dwarves better armor but give wizards flat resistance buff

make ground redstone active and tnt for explosives
and give wizards some splash potions

Have dwarves get 2 hearts absorption

All idea are separate and dont all need to be implimented just started giving all ideas that came to mind.
08/11/2014 10:15 am
Efcluke94
Am not sure why I had a dragon, I had it lying around and thought hey this could work. Then I remembered the film 'The Hobbit' how a dragon had destroyed the dwarves home town. Oh well, Think i'll redo that and maybe add your suggestions or a giant dwarf statue.

I have started on some tunnels/mines for players to run through, and I like the sky bridge idea. This is the work in progress mine

Totally agree cannons would be awesome for the dwarf side, originally I had built catapults but that would be more of a human thing/medieval weapon. So I will change that

The other suggestions I will have to pass on to the developers, who are making the game. However I appreciate your suggestions, they have helped alot, Thanks!
08/11/2014 7:14 am
Level 1 : New Architect
Pie Productions Max
How about so towers which have like a lightning effect coming out and also i would add like and effect like at a wall which is half build so it looks like it being made by the wizards powers. Hope i helped!
08/11/2014 7:10 am
Level 48 : Master Botanist
Sbia
TNT cannons on the dwarf side, fireball summoners on the wizard

(ie step on pressure plate to activate command block then it's like /summon Fireball ~ ~3 ~ {direction:[]})
08/11/2014 7:04 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
dummyaccount
Not sure why, but I feel like fire should be involved.
08/11/2014 10:07 am
Efcluke94
Yeah I will add a blue aura sort of fire mana ball thing, which grunge suggested. Thanks!

iyecteTNT cannons on the dwarf side, fireball summoners on the wizard

(ie step on pressure plate to activate command block then it's like /summon Fireball ~ ~3 ~ {direction:[]})

Could work, thanks for the suggestion

Pie Productions MaxHow about so towers which have like a lightning effect coming out and also i would add like and effect like at a wall which is half build so it looks like it being made by the wizards powers. Hope i helped!

I would have to talk about a developer about doing that, but cool idea, thanks!
08/10/2014 11:08 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster uwu
harvestz
Looks really cool. Maybe you could add magical explosions? Big blasts of mana or fire! Just for scenery, ya know?
08/11/2014 6:58 am
Efcluke94
Love the idea!
08/08/2014 6:23 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
cacciato100
I have no suggestions, but this looks really
Cool
08/08/2014 6:18 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
maybe some towers that throws potion effects out when a tripwire is activated, they are the wizards after all
08/08/2014 6:38 pm
Efcluke94
Thanks for the suggestion!

cacciato100I have no suggestions, but this looks really
Cool

Thank you, much appreciated
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome