I feel like there is something missing.

Saracalia3/3/15 6:30 pm
1 emeralds 189 6
3/4/2015 5:00 am
Saracalia
As I was looking over in my city project, I came across having myself looking at this
1920x1080 Image on IMGUR

And now when I look at it, it looks quite dull.
Any suggestions on what to add here to make it look, little more better?
Posted by avatar
Saracalia
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/04/2015 5:00 am
Saracalia
Saracalia avatar
Ok, so I changed one building colours, and added "ender" on one building. Though that tower is still being worked on, opinions now?

1920x1080 Image on IMGUR
03/03/2015 6:58 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
OfficiallBlox avatar
The chunks aren't loaded, and you could use a custom sky instead of the black sky.
03/03/2015 6:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
10Andrew avatar
Take venoms advice but don't think that just because your city does not look great from that picture that it is not on par with others. Try using Chunky, it makes everything look soooo much better. Honestly, if your project does not use Chunky or a shaders mod then no one will click on it.
03/03/2015 6:45 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
Lufuu
Lufuu avatar
is that... a smaller version of TWTC? or is it a smaller version of the State building?
or is it me going mentally insane thinking that its ither of those?
03/03/2015 6:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Project Venom
Project Venom avatar
I sincerely apologize in advance.

MY GOD MAN! I was looking for a thread like this!

I absolutely love your city, but I agree, it is quite dull! Therefore I give unto you this piece(s) of advice:

Color

It adds so much to build. It can spruce anything up. A bright orange or even a nice green would look lovely!

2nd:

More add-ons

I mean it like this: See that black building smack-dab in the middle of the screenshot? Add some crenelations to it. Keralis is an expert at these. In modern buildings, they are the extra bars or balconies or even symbols/brands on the sides/corners of buildings.

3rd:

Unless your build has loads of lights

DO NOT EVER LOOK AT CITIES AT NIGHT.

This makes everything look more grunge and dark. At daytime, everything looks much better. Also, try using shaders

4th:

You nee vehicles. Not just landcrafts but helicopters and drones or even a jet! ( I just thought of this) A BIPLANE! THAT WOULD LOOK SPECTACULAR!
03/03/2015 6:55 pm
Saracalia
Saracalia avatar
That small black building, I am still working on. And problem is, I do use shaders, but only to take actual screenshots, as I do lag heavily if I leave shaders on for a certain ammount of time. I did have another tower in the middle at first, but I replaced that over night with these 3 towers, and then all of a sudden, the area there just started looking dull.

Better images of my project is located here But the other building I had there, wasn't exactly, making that area look any better, so I decided to replace it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2022
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome