Floating Islands (Adventure Map)

EndermansEnd's Avatar EndermansEnd11/30/12 6:26 pm
12/3/2012 1:02 pm
EndermansEnd's Avatar EndermansEnd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USCAYMluND4

This is going to be an adventure map I started making quite a while ago. But I couldn't really countinue since the Single Player Commands Mod wasn't updated for a long time. :S

If there are any ideas of things I could build in this map please tell them!
EndermansEnd
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/03/2012 12:44 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Architect
IndianaCrafting
I'll be sending messages to you on youtube from now on, since I don't want to spoiler the story But I'm really busy at the moment, so I won't promise anything.
12/03/2012 12:37 pm
EndermansEnd
Then go ahead and tell me, I'm open to any idea
Don't worry the traps (actually there is just one) is kinda epic and the parkour part isn't as annoying as you might think. Well at least I hope that...I'll post a few screenshots in a minute..
I just don't want to make the pointless or one of these maps which is full of boring riddles so I guess some fighting has to be included and an aim aswell.
12/03/2012 11:33 am
IndianaCrafting
Please don't do that to your map. Don't screw it up with such an average and boring story! 98% of the custom maps are about the same:
- amnesia
- fighting mobs
- annoying parkour
- collecting items.

This build deserves an original story!

edit: I got something in my mind already, but it's a totally raw story yet...
12/03/2012 10:13 am
EndermansEnd
Thanks and well the story...I'm not sure about the story.
The basic gameplay is jump & run since there are lots of possibilities to fall down and die. To make it more difficult I set up a few traps which spawn zombies if you activate them. Furthermore there are not a lot of ressources/you have to find them (they are hidden)
And I thought the basic aim of the map would be: 1. Survive (obviously) 2. reach the last island and 3. collect as many dragon eggs as possible (I've already hidden a few surrounded by traps and/or hidden)
The story itself would be, that you woke up in that little house you saw in the first ten seconds on the right and forgot how you got there. The Dragon Eggs play a specific role but I don't know which. So if anyone has some ideas regarding the story, traps or anything else please let me now

Now the problem with continuing:
the thing is, I'm not done with all the islands. I wanted to make some more so that there are more things to explore but to do that I need the possibility to grow big trees for the islands itself and World Painter and MCedit can't do that
12/03/2012 8:19 am
IndianaCrafting
At last a nice topic and actually a cool video. I hope the story of the map will be as interesting/exciting as the map itself (terrain & buildings look just epic & simple enough.) very neat!

edit: mcedit is just an amazing tool for mapmaking. And it gets updated often. Worldpainter is also useful, although I don't think you would need that, cuz it seems you are finished with the terrain forming.
12/03/2012 8:06 am
EndermansEnd
I have never worked with MCedit before but I think it won't work since I need a few Single Player Commands which don't exist there...but I'll try that out, thanks for the tip
12/02/2012 9:59 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
fanjojo
You could try finishing it with MCedit?

Also if you create it into an adventure map are you thinking of using command blocks?
12/02/2012 7:41 am
EndermansEnd
Yes it was supposed to be downloaded but I will finish the map first which I can't without Single Player Commands beeing updated
12/01/2012 8:51 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
apaden__24
Will you give the download to this away?
I would love to add to my server
11/30/2012 6:36 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
dawg2255
cool
have fun

~rokkeknight
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome