Huge Updates to my Minecraft Community Site

CrazyCowMM's Avatar CrazyCowMM6/18/21 1:48 pm
1 emeralds 36
It's been quite a while since I talked about my alternative Minecraft map site MCCreations so let's start from the beginning!

MCCreations was initially designed as a push back against the horrible communication of minecraftmaps.com. The main goal of the site was to be a place where creators could post their content and know that they would be respected and not treated like an asset for traffic.

Just yesterday I launched a couple brand new features that allow content creators to be compensated for the hard work they put into the things they create.

The first of these is an integrated tipping button that allows users to donate money directly to you right on the map page. MCCreations does not take any cut of this money, which is why you unfortunately need to be subscribed to our premium plan to use it (only $5 a month tho).

The second feature is one that is available to all creators. Essentially, each time a user who is a premium subscriber downloads your map you gain a special download known as a lapis download. At the end of each month the extra money from lapis subscriptions will be distributed to content creators based off of the number of lapis downloads they have. While the earnings for this will start of relatively slow in all likelihood, as the site grows and I continue to work on it I expect to see an increase in the revenue earned this way.

While I would absolutely love to offer more features for free it's simply not possible with the way the site is set up. As time goes on however, I do plan on making alternatives available to those who are unable to subscribe themselves. This is just the begging toward a shift to compensating content creators for the hours and hours of work they put in each day.

I'm really bad at advertising my stuff so see you again in another 3 months or something :)
CrazyCowMM
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cowboy