Building the Kingdom of Albion

Hellwolve's Avatar Hellwolve11/4/15 7:55 am
12/5/2015 3:47 pm
Hellwolve's Avatar Hellwolve
Building the Kingdom of Albion
The Trials and Travails of Morwyr Moreksson, Dwarven Thane.

Welcome to Albion, traveller! I already took quite some screenshots of my budding Kingdom, so prepare for a picture-heavy first post. As it unfolds, I'll add less pictures in the coming days/weeks/months

Above, the view from the entrance to the main keep of Azhur Modan. It took me some time to find a style I liked and felt Dwarven to me, but I now have something I'm happy with and scales well.

As an aside, I'm using John Smith's Legacy texture pack. On with the show; the inside and bowels of the Keep!

The most recent addition is a couple of statues, based on and inspired by Jeracraft's Minecraft Statue Tutorial , to the front and back of the Keep:

Other plans include adding a statue to the other keep, and showing it and the outposts. At the other end, a Human village, made by another player, is also quite the sight to see and I'll eventually add yet another settlement in a different style. A.k.a. (please) stay tuned!
Hellwolve
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/05/2015 3:47 pm
Hellwolve
Thanks! Still tweaking the village, though I'm virtually ready with it. Think I'll toss it up in a project soon enough
12/05/2015 5:53 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
_Ryuk_
That Viking ship is awesome xD I'm making an open world RPG too Hope yours goes well
11/10/2015 3:32 am
Hellwolve
As promised, Work In Progress goes here, not in the Project

And currently, I'm working on a Viking/Nord inspired...camp. I don't dare to call it a village, as the idea is they've just landed on these coasts and are still raiding and settling in. Here's one of the boats they've arrived with:

It's largely ThorHammerhand's Viking / Nordic Long Boat, with a few tweaks and a dragon skull by my own design. Considering to do a video on the tweaks and dragon skull; would anyone be interested?
11/09/2015 4:11 am
Hellwolve
Well, thanks to your post I considered it some more, and it's now a project I'll keep this for WIP stuff
11/06/2015 8:56 am
Hellwolve
Ah! Thanks for elaborating; I now get what you mean. What you mean to say is that this part of the forum is (more) for the work in progress, the result and finished stuff in the Project setting?

And, ofcourse, thanks for the compliment
11/06/2015 6:18 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Caveman
Pootis Looti
Yea, sorry for the misunderstanding.
11/06/2015 8:13 am
Hellwolve
Why would a Mod remove this...? What is this section for, if not for Building?
11/06/2015 8:33 am
Pootis Looti
Sometimes, a Mod may remove a forum thread if they feel it doesn't fit the section and could be posted somewhere else. I'm not saying that this will happen, I just feel that this wonderful project isn't getting the recognition it deserves.
This section is for the building proccess, I'm fairly certain certain.

However, this doesn't matter and you can do whatever.
Fantastic build anyways.
11/06/2015 7:39 am
Pootis Looti
Woah now! That's a lot of pictures for a thread. I know you already said something about it, but you should really put these in the Project section. A Mod could find this and remove it. If you are going to take the chance, try and copy this.into a Project Post so you can still carry on with the project.
Thanks, and was only personal advice.
-Looti, signing out!
11/06/2015 4:49 am
Hellwolve
In the mean time, I'm working on two things.

One, security for my keeps. I've dallied long enough in a static world; time to start working with Redstone. Both Dwarven Keeps will get a 'in case of siege' lever, that closes the Keep off in one way or another.

Obviously, I'll make it challenging right away I want to close off the main Keep with a moving stack of two by two blocks by using (Sticky) Pistons. Moving them horizontal will be quite doable, but ideally, I'll make it work vertically from below. Yes, I know they only extend one block, but apparently they can be stacked and I'll see if I can get it tthis to work. Probably not, but you never know

Secondly, Dwarves are all fine and dandy and the secondary keep still has an unexplored chasm underneath, but now I've gotten used to Creative mode, I've decided to add a few styles to the kingdom.

One, some Traders. Designed to echo Dutch canal houses somewhat, as well as to contrast with the Human village my girlfriend is building:

Secondly, a style loosely inspired by Vikings I've dubbed 'Raiders'. I'll plonk these somewhere in the region semi-hidden:

11/04/2015 8:17 am
Hellwolve
reeve567Looks good although you should probably put the Mincraft setting "Brightness" on bright, the torches everywhere look a bit ridiculous.

Never bothered to look at the Brightness setting, maybe I should

reeve567I also reccomend to post this on projects instead of on forums.

I've had a look over there, and I prefer the forum/thread structure. But thanks for thinking along

reeve567Done with my bickering though, good job so far!

Gheh. It's quite allright - I understand critique Thanks!
11/04/2015 8:03 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Button Pusher
Xwy
Looks good although you should probably put the Mincraft setting "Brightness" on bright, the torches everywhere look a bit ridiculous. I also reccomend to post this on projects instead of on forums. Done with my bickering though, good job so far!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome