Can I have advice?

Burntcrisp's Avatar Burntcrisp9/23/19 11:44 pm history
10 emeralds 327 20
9/26/2019 1:10 am
Burntcrisp's Avatar Burntcrisp

Hey, so I'm new to this whole building thing but i'm really interested in getting better at my building? is there any tips you guys could maybe give me? Like I said i'm new to this and really have no experience other than playing minecraft itself. If you think this is a cool build please leave a like or something like that, it would really encourage me to keep building! Thanks everyone for reading this post and make sure to leave a comment with advice!! I hope you have a good rest of your day-Burntcrisp
Burntcrisp
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/26/2019 1:09 am
Burntcrisp
The house is unfinished just a start to a build :)
09/25/2019 11:07 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
liIy
yeah, you should definitely add some more detail to the top of the castle's turrets. The house is okay though!

this is just my opinion, you choose what you want to do with it!
09/26/2019 1:10 am
Burntcrisp
Yeah, I'm definitely going to be adding more detail to this and more builds to come! make sure to subscribe if you want to see my future builds!
09/25/2019 10:57 am
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
The castle's walls and rooftops look somewhat boring because they're so flat. It would look better if there was more detail to them.
For example, you could put crossbows on the rooftops.

The house looks too unfinished to judge already. But it could be great if you manage to make it look like an actual house and not just like a facade.
09/26/2019 1:07 am
Burntcrisp
Thanks for the reply Captain_JEK my biggest struggle in building is the fine detail and I am going to be really working on that, I think crossbows or something other would look awesome on the castle walls
09/25/2019 5:20 am
Level 38 : Artisan Procrastinator
arKanSMC
im playing from like 2011 and even cant make that lol
09/25/2019 9:36 am
Burntcrisp
haha I just used my imagination
09/25/2019 1:19 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Warrior
Jonathandes
The house is OP!!
But I think with the castle you should detail the roof and the wall tops more.
yet i like it!!
09/25/2019 9:37 am
Burntcrisp
Thanks for the Tips!
09/24/2019 10:51 am
Level 46 : Master uwu
AsFlatAsEarth
okay I've been building for like 5? years now, maybe. and up until about like thee/four years ago i was still building cube-house quality of builds. and even now i still could never get as good as this so honestly you're amazing.
09/24/2019 8:09 pm
Burntcrisp
Thanks man it means a lot!
09/24/2019 6:26 amhistory
Level 39 : Artisan Sailor
tomatotownn
bro your terrain editing is spectacular, tho the mobs in pic 2 bug me i always use /gamerule doModSpawning false just bc it distracts me. Is pic two a stadium? or a to-be courtyard?
09/24/2019 9:33 am
Burntcrisp
Aha thanks for replying man, I never could figure out how to turn the mobs off lol. And the second picture is a beginning to a house type something haha just kind of winging it on that one.
09/25/2019 1:21 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Warrior
Jonathandes
Yep I love it.
Maybe a wood roof next.
09/24/2019 4:25 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
They look good. Only tip I have is something I learned about a year ago :p
Colour is more important than you think!

A lot of new builders, as well as some very good builders, makes the mistake of building a huge build, only using logs, wood, cobblestone, stonebrick, and stoneslabs. While it's fine for small builds, on a bigger scale, the grey colours will begin to fade into each other, making it harder to see what the build actually is. A bit of colour from something like sandstone, terracotta, or the bright colours of concrete (depending on what you feel fits the best) can make your build go from great, to Amazing!

Also another tip: If you want to get better, then visiting creative servers such as: Builders Refuge, Aliquam Creative, and GreenLeaf Creative and meeting other builders is deftly the best way to get inspired, get friends, and become an awesome builder :D You can basiclly visit any Creative server, but I just mentioned my favorites where I know theres an awesome community ;p
09/24/2019 9:31 am
Burntcrisp
Thanks for the reply :D adding more colors is definitely something I need to work on haha. In my next builds I'll try to put more detail into the color so the build will pop. Also thanks for the different servers, It's always a good idea to talk to experienced or even Beginner builders like me!
09/24/2019 1:07 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Toast
Laurent_Conlon
In all honesty, the build looks brilliant but maybe you could try making a bit more depth to your builds?
09/24/2019 1:17 am
Burntcrisp
Thanks for the comment! In future builds i'll look into adding more depth sentiment_very_satisfied
09/24/2019 1:23 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Toast
Laurent_Conlon
That second screenshot with the house, sick as hell.
09/24/2019 1:25 am
Burntcrisp
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome