Why I'll probably never make another 3D model

Lockexi's Avatar Lockexi7/19/19 10:58 pm history
3 emeralds 239 1
7/24/2019 1:21 am
ramenosu's Avatar ramenosu
Because it's exhausting.

Look at this:

It may not look like much, but this right here is my baby. There's nothing quite like it, but this one's mine.

I spent what felt like a whole week, at least one hour a day, plus interruptions, making this thing. It's functional, it's neat, it looks a hell of a lot better than the vanilla crossbow,

And as cool as it is, it'll probably only ever get used once in a blue moon. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it was a pain trying to get the texture resolutions to work right, getting the animations to work right, testing it, only to find out one part is off, then having to go back and re-adjust each part for each stage of the weapon, etc.

Listen, 3D models are good and all, and I encourage anyone who enjoys making them to keep making them, but me, I'm gonna stick to building. I made my fav weapon in the game, now I'm going back to making skins and building.

Because I'm guessing, most people don't play Minecraft for cool 3D weapons, I know I don't. They play to build things in game.

So that's what I'm going to do: Build.

Okay peace.

Okay but I mean maybe if I'm in a wild mood and people decide they LIKE, this thing, maybe I'll make a version with rename features for different variants in skins.
Lockexi
Level 25 : Expert Architect