Comparators: The way to bring life into your Minecraft World (T1)

Major Victory's Avatar Major Victory2/12/22 1:54 am history
2/12/2022 1:59 am
Major Victory's Avatar Major Victory
(T1) - This tutorial may never be completed as life is tough

Comparators are indeed, the most complicated redstone devices out there. Not all of us know how to use it, but I'll teach you how :)

🚧🚧🚧🚧🚧🚧

The comparator emits a redstone signal whenever you use the block or editable entity in front of it. Comparators are placed behind GUI-Interfaced Blocks (blocks that when you right click on them, you get a menu), blocks w/ editable entities (Item Frames, for example), and command blocks.

For example, say you wanna prank your friend in a way so that whenever he touches a barrel, a TNT lights up! How do you do that?

So you place a redstone comparator behind the barrel, with the tip facing away from the block, and in front of the comparator, you must place a redstone repeater simply without any time limit. Then, you add in a little bit of redstone in the back and put some TNT in the end and you have yourself a working TNT trap!

Here are some stuff you should know:

-Chests and redstone comparators work however anyone who touches it can see the redstone due to the chest's sides.

-The redstone signal can always be extended to however you want after you placed the redstone comparator and repeater.

-Observers work with comparators too.

-Comparators are immovable by pistons.

-Comparators can be easily destroyed if a piston pushes a block on it.

I'll hopefully make better tutorials in the near future : D

(If you'd like to support me, just like the post : D)

Thanks for reading!
Major Victory
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner