Dead players screw up scoreboard

Swanlet's Avatar Swanlet6/21/19 8:54 pm
1 emeralds 108
So I have this realm where I am making a smash bros minigame, and during the game, you would get items over time, how it works is I made it so you get items is like this.

scoreboard players add @a[tag=Mario] MarioFireBall 1

if your playing Mario you would get 1 fireball point every tick, which is 20 a second

give @a[scores={MarioFireBall=350..},tag=Mario] minecraft:tipped_arrow{display:{Name:"{\"text\":\"Fireball\",\"color\":\"red\"}",Lore:["Burn peasent burn"]},CustomPotionColor:16753152} 1

so then I would make a second one where once it reaches 350 ticks you get a fireball

scoreboard players remove @e[scores={MarioFireBall=350..},tag=Mario] MarioFireBall 350

The last one will reset the timer back to 0

However ever since the 1.14.2 update since realms god damn auto update for god knows why

When you die something odd happens, before when you die your timer would stop, but now it goes up, however when the timer hits the 350 it still gives you the item, but the timer doesn't reset, so you get 20 of those items every second your dead, keep inventory is on (we kinda need it on) so when ppl respawn sometimes they could have millions of an overpowered item, this completely ruined the mini game and now were forced to play with only one life, would anyone know how to fix this?
Swanlet
Level 38 : Artisan Miner