Detecting if holding an item stops working after opening inventory

Swanlet's Avatar Swanlet8/24/19 10:32 pm
1 emeralds 198 3
8/27/2019 4:35 am
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
So I created an item, and I want to make it so that if you are holding the item, you get one point, there is another command block that removes the point afterwards. so the command that gives the point is

/scoreboard players set @a[nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:snowball",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"{\"text\":\"Fox Launcher\",\"color\":\"dark_green\",\"bold\":true}"}}}}] FoxBallT 1

and the command to get the item it detects is

/give @p minecraft:snowball{display:{Name:"{\"text\":\"Fox Launcher\",\"color\":\"dark_green\",\"bold\":true}"}} 1

when holding the item, it works, however randomly, the item stops working, a bunch of things stop the item from being detected, for example, once you open your inventory when you hold the item it will no longer detect your holding it, even tho I did nothing to change it, also if you have a stack of the item it doesn't work which gets annoying. so does anyone know why this glitch is happening

I am using 1.14.3 minecraft
Swanlet
Level 38 : Artisan Miner