How do I make it so I can make certain items have certain abilities?

xDiamondCyborgx's Avatar xDiamondCyborgx4/4/20 10:04 pm
1 emeralds 190 8
4/5/2020 7:50 pm
Cart3r's Avatar Cart3r
Hi, so I'm making my own map based off another game, but the game has combat which you can choose your abilities to fight. I want to do that with my map but have no idea how. I want weapons to have special extra abilities. For example, one of the chests you can loot has a stone sword that does moderate damage. I want it so when you right click with the sword a barrage of stone rain comes down at you and hits enemies. Or another example, you press right click on a crossbow and you gain increased speed and attack damage. I also want this to happen with items you cant attack with like the carrot on a stick.. (i have a custom resource pack where i can change the textures, but thats it.)
Can anyone help me?
xDiamondCyborgx
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/04/2020 10:13 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
If you're working on a vanilla map for this, these require command blocking. For example the stone sword would require right click detection, summoning falling blocks and spreading those blocks out, as well as the blocks hurting the entities.
04/04/2020 10:20 pm
xDiamondCyborgx
Yeah, I'm working on a vanilla 1.14.4 empty world baseplate. I get what I need to do, but I sadly have no idea what commands to use to represent the detection and summoning blocks.
04/04/2020 10:29 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
Cart3r
I would start looking into tutorials on that sort of stuff. The /summon command can be used to summon falling blocks, and you can make the falling blocks into stone. I'm not the best with commands so I don't know much more about it than that, but I hope this helps.
04/04/2020 10:59 pm
xDiamondCyborgx
I know how to simply add a scoreboard objective which goes up when you right click, but nothing else.
04/05/2020 7:50 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
Cart3r
You should then be able to add a system that detects when the scoreboard increases to trigger other commands
04/05/2020 1:49 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
find out about /execute, /summon fallingblock. Those 2 are the main components for ur stone sword ability. The crossbow can be done using rightclick detection as well.
For carrot on a stick, I assume you know how to edit nbt tags?
04/05/2020 2:54 pmhistory
xDiamondCyborgx
Yeah, i know a video/tutorial that explains how to use the carrot on a stick and nbt tags to make custom things by MushroomManToad. Ill reply again when I find out the advanced commands!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome