Need help with a 10 unit memory mob tracking system.

Sugardust__'s Avatar Sugardust__7/28/19 12:05 am
1 emeralds 157 2
8/3/2019 6:30 pm
Sugardust__'s Avatar Sugardust__
Alright, I've racked my brains out on this one for a bit and maybe I'm having a dumb moment but I need some help with this.

I'm trying to build a system that will turn on a redstone lamp when exactly 10 skeletons pass over a pressure plate in a hallway. The way I've been approaching it is building 10 simple memory systems that hook up into a 10 input AND gate. The AND gate will only turn on when all 10 memory units have been toggled, meaning 10 skeletons have passed over the pressure pad. However, here's the part I'm struggling with.

I need the 2nd memory unit to toggle ONLY after the first one has toggled. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. Whenever you step on the pressure pad, both memory units toggle at the same time. I need it so that each passover of the pressure pad will only toggle 1 memory unit at a time and only if the previous memory unit has been already toggled. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Here is a picture.
Sugardust__
Level 5 : Apprentice Blacksmith