Piston, Pressure Plate help

scoutingparty's Avatar scoutingparty3/22/15 4:48 pm
1 emeralds 676 5
3/22/2015 11:35 pm
scoutingparty's Avatar scoutingparty
Hi,
I'm currently working on creating a Zelda adventure map, but I need some redstone advice for one of the contraptions.

What I need:
What I want is for you to be able to step on a pressure plate and all the pistons go up instantly for exactly 10-15 seconds then go back down. If you walk on the pressure plate before the pistons go back down...I want nothing to happen until it resets after the 10-15 seconds to prevent spamming. The goal of this is that the player will step on the pressure plate, but then only have about 10 seconds to get across the room before it resets again.

What I have so far
I so far have it so you must stand on the pressure plate for 10-15 seconds, and then the pistons stay up for 10-15 seconds. Your also able to constantly spam the pressure plate to make the pistons keep going up and down...something I dont want to happen.

BTW, I currently am only using redstone, redstone torches, and repeaters. If you have an idea that uses command blocks...that will work just fine to (:

Picture of Piston Room:
scoutingparty
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2015 9:43 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
One simple fix would be to add another part to the end of the 10 second timer that temporarily blocks the input from the pressure plate before the RS latch. This would create a gap in the signal if a player is constantly standing on the pressure plate, allowing for the mechanism to reset itself so it can be used again.
03/22/2015 11:35 pm
scoutingparty
Thank you so much! (:
I finally got it working without any issues.
03/22/2015 6:03 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Pony
joelikeschicken
Crikey
03/22/2015 6:01 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
For something like this, you'll need a couple components for it to work smoothly. First, hook the pressure plate up to an RS latch (You might have more luck finding it if you google RS NOR). This acts as a lock, and it will take a pulse and make it stay on until you turn it off. After the RS latch, just add a pulse shortener, followed by a 10 second delay which then leads into the other side of the latch, turning it off. This will make them turn on instantly, and then turn off after 10 seconds. As soon as they go back down, the system can be re-used.
03/22/2015 7:40 pm
scoutingparty
Thanks so much! Everything is working now, except for one thing. If you stay on the pressure plate for more than 10 seconds, the pulse shortener is set off and stays set off. The activated redstone reaches the shortener, but cannot reset it, because the user is still standing on the pressure plate. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome