Dextro High: A New Age. [OOC/Open sign-ups]

Drmarker's Avatar Drmarker5/23/13 6:26 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 141
8/14/2013 12:23 am
Summertime's Avatar Summertime
Backstory:

Dextro high is a school for the academically adept teenagers of the world, at least, that's what the world has been told. In reality, the school is meant to train and help protect super humans; They are trained to be able to better control their powers, to hide them from the outside world, so that they may lead normal lives free from persecution. Many students do not graduate from the school, and live out the rest of their days there, often becoming staff in the school. Obviously, with such a large secret there are bound to be those who would want to reveal it, so Dextro keeps a watchful eye on all its students.

School:

The school is set in Scotland, 2017. Its massive, taking up the size of a medium-sized town. The actual school is a refurbished and renovated castle, though many of its rooms remain hidden or locked. The grounds mainly consist of four huge dorms, though there is a dining hall too. It is a fenced in area, surrounded by a thick forest, giving students privacy to practice control of their powers, though the nearest town is only a few miles away. The castle was built by a man by the name Sir Jameson, it is rumored that his ghost walks the halls of the school at night, but no-one is sure.

Rules:

1) No Godmodding
2) Keep romance and such at PG13 or lower.
3)The OP's word is law.
4) Conflict between characters is welcome, makes the story more interesting.
5) No cussing
6) No one-liners
7) Do not damage the school or campus grounds in fights
8) Be fair in PvP
9) You may not kill a character without the RPer's permission
10) No divine/satanic beings
11) Your character must be human, this isn't a fantasy RP
12) This is not a military base, weapons will be hard to obtain. You may not start with a gun, you may not start with or obtain a military grade weapon, and no explosives.

Dorms:

Niris - This house is for those who have powers that are extremely dangerous, and meant mainly to harm others, or for those powers that are incapable of being controlled. Anyone with those characteristics are placed here, regardless of other factors. The people here are powerful, so it is advised not to tick them off.
Aivot - This house are for those students who are academically adept in the core subjects of math, history, and science. They're known as the brains of Dextro.
Krag- One word describes this house, jock. Anyone who has shown to be great in any physical activity will have a chance to be picked for this house.
Medio- Medio is known as the jack-of-all-trades house. Anyone that isn't highly dangerous, super smart, or super strong goes here. Just your average house.

Years in school:

3 - allowed to spend prolonged time outside the school
6 - allowed to be voted in as dorm leader
9 - allowed to take housing outside the academy
12 - allowed to be handpicked by the principal to be dorm leader
15 - average graduation
18 - average Niris graduation

App
Name:
Abilities: (1-2 only)
Years in the school:
Dorm:
Description: (Picture preferably)
Personality:
Backstory:

Accepted Apps:
Drmarker
Level 21 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2013 12:23 am
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
No! You do not revive roleplays, when it is dead. You leave it dead, most ones that are revived/second time do not last long. You cannot delete a thread, but request a lock from a forum moderator. Which I am already doing, just leave everything with Dextro High alone.
08/13/2013 4:59 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Skinner
xCoraCat_
hey, Drmarker, could you maybe make a second Dextro High? Seeing as this one's dead?
08/13/2013 3:13 pm
Level 25 : Expert Miner
zane6200
Hey guess what this is dead, do not necropost.
08/13/2013 3:19 pm
Drmarker
How do I delete the thread?
08/13/2013 3:06 pm
Drmarker
Alright everyone! I'm finally back! I haven't had time for anything due to my summer job, but I'm able to continue on with this RP now. Looks like we have a lot of apps, I'll begin reviewing them right away.
07/22/2013 5:34 am
xCoraCat_
yes, I was so excited about continuing this RP
07/21/2013 3:37 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
BlueLandmineTurtle
The rp has pretty much already died, I don't think aether has been on for a while to accept apps so... yeah.
07/16/2013 6:34 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
joemaster
Name: Mizore Takashe
Abilities: Density Shifting (The ability to turn invisible and pass through objects)
Years in the school: 7
Dorm: Medio
Description:
Personality: Mizore is a shy girl and finds prolonged human contact daunting, however when she does befriend someone she is often too willing to give her trust away
Backstory: Mizore was brought up in a bad neighbourhood, her father had left when she was 7 and her mum made a living from shoplifting. Mizore was forces to look after her 5 younger siblings as her mother was usually out, scouting department stores. She was unable to play out with other girls her age and as a result became lonely. She blamed her position on her mother and her younger siblings. Eventually she was pushed over the edge, she killed two of her younger brothers and sent her sister to the hospital. Mizore was disowned by her family and eventually washed up at an old boarding house where she negotiated food and a bed in exchange for labour. She was shocked by her actions towards her family and now hides herself behind a wall of shyness which seemingly no one can over come.
07/16/2013 5:45 pm
Level 21 : Expert Archer
SilverAnonMoonmaster
My god...progression! Seen some excellent apps so far, glad Aether took up the job as accepter.
07/04/2013 4:23 am
xCoraCat_
also, Kelz' senses of hearing, sight and smell are extrodinary because she can transform into a horse, and horses have extrodinary senses of the above, so therefore she has those talents when she is in human and horse form
07/02/2013 11:33 pm
Summertime
I need to stop drawing manga versions of the characters.
07/02/2013 11:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Elvengarda
I guess so...
07/02/2013 6:16 pm
zane6200
So Aether is the acceptor now right?
07/02/2013 9:30 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Im making a character for each dorm, but my main will still be Dahg.
07/02/2013 3:40 am
Elvengarda
lol
more people, yay
07/02/2013 12:43 am
zane6200

"Well isn't this interesting"
Name: Xavier Brownrigg
Abilities: (1-2 only) He can make clones of himself up to seven is his max, to help him in fighting situation, the clones are very weak however, and can easily be destroyed. yet his clones are for some reason much more violent than he is, they also have a time limit of five minutes. He also can use fire to help him out although at the moment all he knows to do with fire is simple fireballs. However if he uses the fireballs with the clones it greatly weakens the fires power, if he uses it without the clones, it does have quite some power to it
Years in the school:6
Dorm: Niris
Personality: Kind, sarcastic, somewhat of a prankster, tries to stop people from fighting if he sees it going on. A little upset however he was placed in his current dorm.
Backstory: Growing up as child, Xavier was the joker of all his fellow students in his school, but they were simple childish pranks at that time. Like Whoopee cushion, fake puke. However when he turned Nine, he didn't really think as to who he started pranking, and when he pulled a prank on a group of High school guys, well they didn't take the joke too kindly, they then started running at him, and being a nine year old, he didn't get very far with running away, so he was easily caught. When it seemed like they were about to hit him, they stopped when they noticed there was three Xavier clones, the high schoolers started to run, but four more Xavier clones blocked their way. That's when it turned ugly as all the clones attacked the High school kids, while Xavier just stood their in shock, as he watched himself attack the kids, then after five minutes they disappeared, and the kids were lying on the ground unconscious, and all Xavier could do was run back home, and try to sleep it off, when he woke up the next day their was a letter on his desk, he opened it, and it was too see if Xavier wanted to go to a school with other kids who also had powers much like his own, Xavier not wanting to go back to school due to the fact he might be attacked by a bigger group of people this time, brought the letter to his mother, but the words changed when his mother read it, so she didn't find out about her son's powers, and she accepted, and brought him to the school, and told him to behave while he was here. He was then told he was being put in the Niris dorm, the place where the students powers are more dangerous than others. Xavier was a little sad that he was put in a dorm with people that were dangerous, or so much as he thought of being as dangerous himself. However he accepted it, as it was much better than going back to his other school, and Dextro was where he spent his next six years.

(( Sorry if this is crap, not much thinking is done at 12:43 am))
07/02/2013 12:34 am
Summertime

"You are just born from an affair, worthless mongrel."

Name: Nocebo (Nikki)

Abilities: Dream Seeker - The ability to enter peoples dreams, the affect is stronger on the person if they have a stronger relationship. The only one who has a strong affect on is the Headmaster, and Charlotte.

Unknown Ability - ??? ??? ???? ?????? ????? ???????? ? ??????????? ????

Years in the school: ???

Personality: First personality - kind, warmhearted, helpful. Monster - loves death, killing, breaking down people, lying, weaponry, twisted is not a strong enough word for this girl.

Backstory: Nikki, a girl born from Charlotte's power. When Charlotte was born, so was an entity in a dark place. It took form of a young girl, one who hated all life. But her Master was an idiot, so when Nikki absorbed all power that she could. She broke out of the prison.

It did not go as planed, the monster was forced into a infant's body. The infant was Nikelle, her twin was Charlotte. It turned out in the womb, Charlotte had absorbed the others pain since the fetus was born extremely weak.

The two souls, had combined. Making two split personalities lying in the body. Because of her weak immune system. Nikkel also had the ability of Dream Seeking, but Charlotte was separated from her sister when born the two never knowing about each-other.

The weak girl was adopted by the Headmaster's family. Not really though technically, she was kidnapped by them. So Nikkel was always in a wheel-chair, or with maids until they learned of the ability. Nikkel was put into the Niris dorm, since her second ability, was too dangerous on her body. Or others.
07/01/2013 4:52 pm
Elvengarda
Omg look at that squirrel! That is so cute :3
07/01/2013 4:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
Aether_Angel
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaccepted. Now I'm going to go play a game.
07/01/2013 4:13 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
WuvBunneh
Bleeeeuuurrggggh...

She was online 15 hours ago!!!
Waah -.-

07/01/2013 4:10 pm
Slenderpy
Aether_Angel is the only one so far, and if we had to choose another, I vote Silver.
07/01/2013 4:08 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith
Minecraftassassin
Well I'm not sure if I'm an acceptor but if I was I would accept.
07/01/2013 4:03 pm
Slenderpy
Oh dear god, I have to make an even larger backstory for a character to dwarf this one...
07/01/2013 4:06 pm
WuvBunneh
^w^ I wunnah be accshepted
07/01/2013 4:08 pm
Slenderpy
Ask Aether then...
07/01/2013 3:59 pm
WuvBunneh
Name:

Mycroft Unicume

Female

Abilities:

Can produce types of saliva/drool, e.g an acid drool which has an awful stench or even a sweet tasting drool which smells nice. And (more of a disability) she has extreme sensitivity, it hurts when people push her too hard or if she runs her fingers firmly along a blunt knife etc.. She gets injured from things others would just brush off, this also lowers her immune system and confidence around others and she looses her trust in others.

Years in the school:

Dorm:

Medio

Description:

Click to reveal

Personality:

Mycroft isn't like many other girls she doesn't express her emotions properly and can be dense, diagnosed with a mild case of Alexithymia it causes problems having friends. Mycroft has an odd name which fits her personality; she isn't very sociable and she spends a lot of her time feasting into her home made meals, Mycroft loves cooking (she wants to be a professional chef). Her Alexithymia causes others not to notice if she is happy, angry or sad, Mycroft just remains with a blank face and rarely changes it unless it is very serious. Mycroft is an innocent girl and has no interests as other girls have, she isn't interested in 'hot' boys in magazines or the latest fashion, she just keeps her opinions and thoughts to herself. She usually finds herself upset because of her almost useless powers this makes her not trust people due to the fact they have hurt her by simple things. Mycroft isn't confident, mostly, because other girls have larger bra sizes then her but also because she is smaller than almost everyone.

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Adopted by two Doctors Mycroft grew up in a wealthy household, happy and content with her life she spent a lot of time reading, drawing pictures and sleeping... But it never compared to her love of the kitchen all the materials, tastes and tools all ready to mixed into a stew or cake! Mycroft would watch her mother, buy the food, prepare it, cook it and finally serve it, she told her mother she was to be a great chef, the greatest of their generation. Her mother would just laugh and say "We'll let time judge that!".

When Mycroft grew up and began to go into school she had learnt how to make her own cookies and gingerbread men, with the help of her mother of course. Every Friday before they left the school to go home she would hand out cookies and treats to the class and sometimes the parents. They all knew her and they all respected her but it wasn't until they started to get their own 'personalities' that she was considered odd.

It was when she began middle school when bullying started, she was as tall as a toddler and spoke like one. Mycroft was verbally abused a lot and until she snapped, one of the first time she showed her emotions to others, she insulted the bullies and they pushed her over. It was until the end of school she came home, injured. Her mother and father asked what it was and she told them the bullies pushed me. In confusion things like this happened a lot, she was weak and eventually had to take vitamin and mineral pills to grow and heal better.

When her mother and father tested her physical state she was diagnosed with Alexithymia unable to show her emotions, her face was almost always blank, Mycrofts parents thought this was just a phase when she was younger but she got older and older and it continued...

Eventually Mycroft was pushed into a locker and found later after school when a cleaner smelled a sweet perfume coming from the locker and when he opened it she was asleep, drooling onto the floor, when he bent down to wake her up her realised it was the drool producing that smell. Later that day she was taken home by her father and they had a long chat about the bullies, they phoned the school and it was dealt with...

But the bullies saved the insults for their lunchtimes and breaks, even after school they waited by her road... "All because I am smaller than you! Because I grow slowly or because I have this 'Alexithymia' thing?!?" but the people in her school were too judgemental and as she spat out her words the saliva dripped down her chin, laughing the bullies said "You've got something on your face, midget!" and they wiped it off her chin to be surprised by a burning sensation.

It was only a few months after when Mycroft started thinking about this saliva she could produce and eventually spat on her desk smelling it, nothing and until she was 13 she learned how to control it, adding saliva to her cookies their parents wondered what the secret ingredient was and it didn't take long until her mother smelled the stench from her room and watched in awe as Mycroft spat on a piece of paper and it burned.

A few weeks later that she was introduced to a new school.. Dextro high it was called and Mycroft was taken to the high school were many others had strange "abilities" and maybe she they would respect her there.
06/30/2013 1:56 pm
Aether_Angel
Go on.
06/30/2013 1:54 pm
Slenderpy
Oh great, I'll do my first post now...
06/30/2013 1:51 pm
Minecraftassassin
Slenderpy(Also Minecraft Assassin could accept me )

((Just kidding it's actually a decent app and if I was an acceptor it would be accepted.))
06/30/2013 1:50 pm
Slenderpy
Oh yeah lol... I'll get on the thread lol totally was accepted

Did I really trick her?
06/30/2013 1:53 pm
Aether_Angel
'Twas a decent app, as Assassin said.
06/30/2013 1:49 pm
Aether_Angel
Well, you said you were already accepted, right?
06/30/2013 1:48 pm
Slenderpy
Dahg is my middle name actually, and it's more easy for me to use Dahg as a name instead of a name that I just pull out of the blue like joe or Johny. My other names I try to make exotic sounding, cause it's fun.

I think... that minecraftassassin along with aether should be accepters. due to being here for longer (Also Minecraft Assassin could accept me )
06/30/2013 1:38 pm
Elvengarda
Yay slender
You sure do love the name Dagh, don't you?
06/30/2013 1:21 pm
Slenderpy
My app was totally on page four before Aether said everyone was accepted, So I'm obviously accepted.
06/30/2013 1:17 pm
Minecraftassassin
So who shall be the accepters?
06/30/2013 1:13 pm
Slenderpy
Lets try this again...

Name: Dahg Hieyyt
Abilities: He can turn energy into electricity he could potentially control (For example, being near a heat source with lots of heat energy makes the electricity stronger) The only problem is that his powers are based on his emotions, which happens to be mostly angry
Years in the school: This is his first
Description:
Personality: His had a dark personality, not exactly the type of person you'd find pleasant. His ability is so redundant, yet it hurts so much people, he really just's want's to stay by him self all the time. He would be especially unpleasant to a room mate, as he would constantly have bolts of electricity spark up around him. Over all, he is just mean, many years of being hated, feared, and neglected did that to him. He is also very easily angered, and often times gets mad at the simplest things. When you get through all that though, I guess he could be a bit kind.
Backstory: Crack. The man fell to the floor, fear obvious in his eyes. "What did you do!" Cried a woman. Another crack, but this time sharper, then a young boy yelped. This time, the woman fell to the floor. The young boy was too young to recognize or even remember these people when he grew up, but instinct told him this moment was grim. Instinct was strong for a young boy like him, he had no other way of knowing what's going on, and this young boy was a very VERY curious one. Finally, after what seemed to be forever, a new man knocked down the door. "Holy ****! We have a baby and what seems to be his parents in here." He yelled. The sound of the mans voice made the boy cry. He didn't like the mans voice, he wanted it to go away. He didn't want it by him. Crack the man fell to the floor. (Sorry, this might be confusing. Let me sum it up. Dahg is a 2 year old baby, and he just killed his parents, and now a robber who coincidentally came a few hours after he killed his parents)
5 years later

"Listen to me Dahg, Don't be afraid, I'm here to help you" The woman said in her most calming voice. 5 long years in the adoption center and 4 different people adopted him and gave him back. Dahg knew never to trust those words. "I was thinking... you look like a nice young fella, and I was thinking, I need a nice young fella for my nice young family." She said, once again very calmly. "No..." Dahg said. He didn't want to be adopted again, get attached to the family, then thrown away like trash... no... he certainly didn't want any of that. "Please Dahg, listen to me. I know you've been adopted before, I know you were brought back here, but listen to me. My family is perfect to you. I won't ever give you away. I know you probably don't want to, but give my family a chance." Once again, Dahg said "No..." but this time stricter. "Dahg, please, just give it a try. We'll make a deal, try staying with my family for a day, and I'll bring you back if you don't like it. "No!" Dahg shouted. The woman sighed. "Dahg, I really want you to join us. You look like a wonderful young man, and my family sure needs a wonderful young man like you." She said. "NO!" Dahg screamed. "Dahg pl...." She started, but Dahg cut her off. "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" He screamed. The woman then reached out to stroke Dahg hair, but jerked her hand back. Crack "Eek!" She yelled. Where she touched Dahg with was burning flesh, red and bleeding. "Eeekkk!" She scream again. Dahg looked at her, and got up. "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" He screamed. He pointed his finger at her, "NOT AGAIN, NO MORE!" He screamed. A bolt of electricity jumped out of his hand and hit the woman in the chest. "No..." He said weakly, looking at what he done. "No..." He said again, then looked around. A few adults were glaring at him, wide eyed. "No..." He said once again weaker, and then he ran, ran as fast and as far as his feet could take him. "No..." He kept repeating as he ran.

8 years later

A street rat... that was Dahgs life. It was the life that was meant for the like of him, although nothing peculiar like in the adoption center happened to him ever since. He spent the past eight years traveling from city to city, searching for a place to settle down, but he never did. He spent alot of his time begging, but then again, he spent alot of his time getting what he earned from that being robbed too. For him, it wasn't too hard. His hair grew long, and he never bothered to cut it that often, maybe once a year he'd take a shard of glass and hack off any hair infront of his eyes, but lately, it never mattered to him. Where ever he went, he brought the attention of thieves it seemed, and he had close to nothing to call his own. That was until he found him self in a peculiar spot in Scotland. There was a huge castle, something he could never really believe was real until he saw it. That was when his electricity started to flare up once again. Something about this place... A bolt of lightning shot into the sky from his hand. He stood there, shocked. He convinced himself what happened at the adoption center was a lie, he was just a pyromaniac... someone that killed people with fire. That's what he told himself either way, yet he never payed much mind to fire. He heard a few footsteps, then a man appeared. "Ah yes, another one. Hello, and welcome to Dextro High"

Lol I said shit app, sorry that it's so... er.... shitty...
06/30/2013 12:28 am
xCoraCat_
Lol
06/29/2013 11:47 pm
Slenderpy
Well now that its alive... I want to apply...

SHIT APP FTW
06/29/2013 8:42 pm
xCoraCat_
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
06/29/2013 8:37 pm
Aether_Angel
Everyone, you're accepted! And, Blue: Yes, it has. Go forth!
06/29/2013 7:01 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
Has it been made? o3o <-- Idunnowhatiswrongwithmerightnow.
06/29/2013 4:31 pm
Summertime
Aether please make it, I am trying to dye my hair right now.
06/29/2013 4:14 pm
Elvengarda
Go ahead, the honour is yours
06/29/2013 2:01 pm
Aether_Angel
I can make it.
06/29/2013 5:32 pm
xCoraCat_
Go, Aether, go!
06/29/2013 11:40 am
Minecraftassassin
Summer do you want the honor? It's just if it's me it'll have to wait till I'm done work. (Like another 8 hours)
06/29/2013 8:52 am
BlueLandmineTurtle
Geez he still hasn't accepted any? I vote minecraftassassin or summertime make the IC thread, before we all wait a month for this to start.
06/29/2013 2:52 am
Elvengarda
Ah well, still longer than me
06/29/2013 2:49 am
Minecraftassassin
Not the longest, Just the most active recently.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome