Looking for Collaboration and Worldcrafting - MC Server RP

UltikanaRe's Avatar UltikanaRe8/12/15 10:36 pm
1 emeralds 236
Hello, I am new to the server and would like to make a small (preferably 2-4 people) Minecraft Role-play Server. I am open to releasing YouTube videos of RP Let's Plays, as well as nearly* every genre.

*This excludes excessively romantic genres, anime, and fandoms.

What I am looking for:

A mature*, RP-adept** individual, capable of world crafting, storytelling, and abiding by the virtues and sins of Roleplay.***

* Maturity is not strictly bound to age. It is reflected in this case mostly by your text. If you just so happen to be an 8 year old you writes like Tolkien, your mature in my book. Note that this measures writing ability. Shying away from or using in excess nudity/romance, violence, graphic scenes, and vulgarity is another tenet of this maturity.

** Again, this is not measured in years but by ability. In the words of the Buddha:
There are four types of people, equatable to horses. First is the type that runs when the whip is raised, next when it is falling down, one when it hits the skin, and yet another that runs when it cracks against bone.

In other words, it is all about what it takes to get you to that point of adeptness. Note that this is a general term, as you can never truly be done learning to role-play, and thus the halfway mark of infinity is still infinity, but the general line I am referencing should be inferable.

***This is a quick guide I made up for introducing people to role-play, but it is good for even veterans to read just to keep as a general philosophy:
THE 3 SINS:
Do these, and you will be sent to Hellhiem to be terrorized by the daughter of Satan, Mary Sue.
Power-Gaming, the deed of progressing your character according to what best moves your character toward a goal of objective invincibility dictated by the engine.
Meta-Gaming, the deed of using your Out of Character knowledge to augment your In Character knowledge, such as knowing a person's name due to their in-game name tag, then saying "Hello, Martha!" to a stranger. It is also done by changing realism (thus making it unrealistic) to suit your OOC objectives, i.e. Changing the game.
God-Moding, the deed of making your character act as a superhuman in any respect, or giving a character immortality because you don't want to reroll a character.
THE 3 VIRTUES:
Do these, and you will spend eternity in Valhalla with the Lord of the Heavens, UltikanaRe.
Adding Character flaws, the act of taking negative traits or creating negative circumstances for your character for the purpose of advancing or augmenting the story.
Separating IC and OOC, the act of being able to be imprisoned and tortured, then mocked and hated, by a tyrant lord, logging out whilst in the dungeon, and eating lunch with the mind behind your captor.
The Doctrine of the Oxford Comma, the act of using impeccable grammar and speech skills to convey maturity and depth in your Character statements.

So, you may ask what modpacks I am open to. Well, pretty much any, but here are my favorite mods in order of importance:
Custom NPCs
Tinker's Construct
Biomes O'Plenty
Carpener's Blocks
Chisel 2
Bibliocraft
Vanilla 1.8 (Not a mod, but if possible the summoning command is nice.)

As far as servers go, they really should just be like $2.99. Due to the fact that I play on an iMac, everything that seems so easy for you is a god damn nightmare of WINE files and hysteria for me. MC Servers especially. If you are so desperate for cash that finances is a problem for this type of thing, I will do it, but please do so with the knowledge you are causing a nightmare. Of course, before making any real-world purchases, regardless of triviality, I understand if you want to email each other and get an idea for the server first.

If you read through everything, then you are prepared to have audience with the all-powerful and omnipotent UltikanaRe, Lord of the Heavens from the viewpoint of a pitiful whelp. Enjoy your privilege.
UltikanaRe
Level 1 : New Crafter