forum Forumsplay_arrow Communities fiber_manual_record Roleplays

~Roleplay 101~ [Roleplaying Guide]

1 emerald9 replies214 views
created 04/28/2013 4:41 pm by tmplumber
last reply 05/01/2013 8:02 pm
I've noticed that we are losing a lot of roleplayers. And some people are recruiting people for the thread, so what better than teach the new roleplayers how to roleplay. Time for a little demo so he is the first tip.

Tip #1: If someone complains about you doing what we roleplayers call "one liners" the best way to increase the length of your post is to " over describe the area around your character "

More tips coming soon but feel free to add more tips people
Posted by avatar
tmplumber
Level 27 : Expert Geek

comment Login or register to post a reply.

9 replies

05/01/2013 8:02 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
Erythmarie
Y'know, we did this awhile ago. I think Zemor made it, but I can't seem to find the thread. It was pretty good, even though it was unfinished.

EDIT: I'm also very determined now to make a 'guide to RPing' or 'how to make a good character application' blog. Ofc it wouldn't be an expert guide, but, something to do, I suppose. And it may come in handy for anything this guide may leave out.
04/29/2013 8:12 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
Korigon
Guys, guys, we aren't going to argue about this.
What we could do is have someone ( Anyone, truthfully) compile the tips and tricks. For example, we could all contribute ideas, and then someone could write a blog about it ( Someone with good grammar and spelling. ) After that, I could make an official forum RP post and sticky it.

I mean, we could really do both, but I don't think you're the person to be doing it, Plumber. I'd leave it to the vets.
04/29/2013 2:58 am
Level 40 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Tip number 2: when describing your character's appearance in an application, try to use a picture. If you can't find a good picture, or it won't let you upload an image to imgur, then try to use the best describing words possible.
04/28/2013 5:47 pm
tmplumber
May I remind you Thunder. That I thought of this idea. Did you bother to?
04/29/2013 3:23 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer
ThunderFang
I clearly wrote that in the hub. .-.
Grammar Nazi kick in, your full stop should be a Comma; otherwise, it'll make no sense. Also might want to change the to to too.
04/28/2013 5:12 pm
ThunderFang
But, what we are trying to point out is, someone else should start the thread. We've just said someone else that should start the thread, maybe someone with more experience to make sure stuff that goes here is clear, considerate of other, following site rules, blah blah and other blah. I had also stated that you should make a blog. I was also kind of writing for this in the future ;s
04/28/2013 5:09 pm
tmplumber
Which is what I mean Kori. The more experienced are, the better you are. So why not pass down the tips to new roleplayers?
04/28/2013 5:03 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Korigon
If needed, actually, I could sticky this thread.
Basically, keep it as the second-thread all the time, so it would never go down. For example, the Museum RP is stickied, but I'm going to undo that now.

But I wouldn't sticky this unless it actually is good - I mean, I have to agree with Thunder. RP Guides should be left the more experienced - I don't mean the length of the RP you post, I mean the experience. If you've been here for a very long time, you're sure to pick up some tips and tricks.
04/28/2013 4:59 pm
ThunderFang
*cough* You've done it wrong ((In my opinion)).

A guide for roleplayers must be a blog first. I think that'll also spread to those in need of aid and people thinking about starting. You should actually let someone else do it in my opinion. You've been yelled at a few times for one liners, I would think someone with experience who has been here for a long time, eg. Deth, myself, some others, should make this. Yet, you could still help contribute with the society by making tips.

You need to think through and put ALL of the tips down you know and not procrastinate((Roleplayer's worst weapon against them)) You need to start thinking about proof reading too. You've got some mistspelt words in there, but I don't think it really matters.

I see you said the community could add tips, but i'm just afraid no one will read them once the thread dies; which is considerably an issue needed to take in hand, or someone misinterpreting the tip and using it as what they thought they meant which brings us to the "clear the tip out" step. An average newbie might ask "what's a one liner?" then forget the topic, and go about elsewhere in this section of the forums and do one liners.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome