The Event Horizon - Application Thread [Sci-fi]

Minecraftassassin's Avatar Minecraftassassin7/21/13 10:19 pm
1 emeralds 5.2k 32
8/3/2013 1:25 pm
Farseer Caltair's Avatar Farseer Caltair

"If you threaten me again I'll flay you alive... With my mind,"

Name: Aliza T'Verdi

Sex: Her race doesn't truly have genders but they are regarded as female.

Race:
Click to reveal
Asari - A race of gender-less humanoids, the Asari are widely regarded as female. Nearly all Asari are born but a special kind of psychokinetic power known to them as biotics. Asari can live up to a thousand years and have three main stages of life. Years 0-300 are known as the Maiden stage. These are the years where Asari are expected to follow any path they wish. Around the year of 300-350 the Matron stage begins. This is the age where it is expected for Asari to follow a parenting path. Around their 700th year the Matriarch stage sets in. If an Asari lives this long they are regarded with the utmost respect. They are seen as advisers, sages, and all over wise women. They are also able to produce offspring with nearly any other race.

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 145 lbs

Appearance: Seen above.

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Aliza was born of a Krogan warrior and Asari archaeologist partnership that didn't last more than 30 human years. The Krogan became board with the Asari as she did with his old war stories. Aliza only knew her father for around 20 years. Her mother raised her as best she could but she could never fill the void in Aliza's heart. She ran from home at age 40 which is incredibly young for an asari.

At age 45 she found her way into a mercenary band. They called themselves the Eclipse gang. They trained her to use a pistol and her natural biotic powers. She remained in the gang until around her 60th year. She was on a mission with her group to find an artifact worth millions. While on the mission the squad split into two groups. One group was sent to secure the civilians and the other, Aliza's group, was sent to deal with the soldiers. After the guards and such were killed Aliza's group went to check on the other group and the civilians. As her group entered the room that should have housed the civilians they saw the other leader place a gun to the last of their heads and pull the trigger. This angered Aliza to no end. She walked to the man and pulled her own gun out. She pulled the trigger herself. The man fell to the floor and the other six members of the gang pulled their guns on her. She used her biotic powers to stun the rest of the group. She knew the gang would hunt her down if she stayed so she grabbed the artifact and ran for the shuttle.

The artifact was worth more in information than in price. She was able to translate the information inside the artifact in order to find the location of one of the greatest stockpiles of knowledge in the known universe. A space station that hold nearly all the information in the universe. Every book, story, carving, everything known to nearly every race. She had to find this and find out what secrets she could. She would follow her mother's work and become an archaeologist.

Aliza has spent the last 57 years searching the galaxy for any artifacts that could help her gain access to the Archivists' hoards of information. Around twenty years before she arrived on the planet below the space station she found an artifact of a civilization so ancient not even the new residents of the planet knew that they were called. She plans to offer it in exchange for access to the Archivists' library of information.

Brief Roleplay Example: Aliza walked into the local bar. She needed information on the ruins of the planet. This would be the best place to get it. She walked to the bar tender and tapped the wood twice, "Hey barkeep," She yelled, "I want a shot," She demanded of them. No real reason to be polite here. She needed information and had the money to pay for it. Hopefully she wouldn't have to look far.

Class/Profession: Archaeologist and mercenary.

What has brought them here: Aliza has heard a lot about the mineral rich planet and the Archivists that hold the space station above the city. She hopes to learn new things about the history of this planet and the history that the Archivist's hold.

Additional Information: Her skin is a little darker blue. Also she doesn't have any markings. Also before anyone asks yes the race is from Mass Effect. They are my favorite race.
Minecraftassassin
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/03/2013 1:25 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
Farseer Caltair
Name:Aravus Tieveski
Race: Human
Height: 1.36m (5'2")
Weight: 50kg (110 lbs)
Appearance: She is a physically small person. Some have called her pretty, she could care less. She has storm-grey eyes and short, choppy purple hair.
Backstory:
Click to reveal
"Captain's log, November fifth, 2142. We have been attacked and boarded by pirates. Our ship has sustained critical damage. We must reach a stardock soon, or we may loose life support. The pirates didn't fare much better, though. We crippled one and caused the other's fusion core to destabilize, destroying it explosively. Our own core is stable, for now. My engineer estimates we have ten days before it destabilizes. End log."
"Captain's log, supplemental. Three of my crew-members are dead. My helmsman, my shuttle pilot, and one of my engineers. The nearest port is the Archivists' space station over Kerule. We'll get there in 8 days, under impulse power. I wouldn't trust our warp drives under these conditions. Kaylee agrees with me. We have 10 days until our reactor destabilizes. Lets hope we don't encounter any delays. End log supplement."

Aravus was born November fifth, in the year 2125. She was born to a rich family, and got everything she wanted. For her 30th birthday, her parents gave her a brand-new Kotali Shipyards Tiaski Explorer, the ship she had alway wanted. She was so exited. She quickly proved herself an able captain, and earned the trust and support of a loyal crew. Four years later, when she was out exploring the unexplored reaches of the galaxy, a civil war erupted on her home planet, Tarsus V. 90% of the population died. Her parents, sister, and month old nephew included. She was devastated. She felt somewhat better after returning home and honouring the dead. She was still somewhat depressed, but she at least felt she could go back to exploring. She never fully recovered to her old, happy, cheery self, but she didn't mope anymore.

Brief Roleplay Example:
Click to reveal
My sensor officer notifies me of pirates incoming. I order gunnery to prep the cannons. We have a slightly larger ship, but the pirates have two, both faster, but lighter armed and armoured. A few good hits will put them out of commission. We exchange volleys, but one of them manages to get close enough to deal some serious damage. The hull is torn up, and the pirates try to board us. We manage to fight them off, but not without serious casualties. We detach their ship from ours, and turn to limp to the nearest station...

Class/Profession: (temporarily-out-of-work) Starship captain, explorer.
What has brought them here: A ruined ship and (un)fortunate luck.
Additional Information: Replace "fusion core" with whatever power source is used to power ships. I say fusion until told otherwise. Same with warp drives for FTL travel.
Her ship is the Dauntless, it has a crew of 40, it is 133 m long and weighs 1750 tons (7.7 million kg)
The starship: Something like that.
There are/were 7 others in her crew whom I will name, three of whom are now dead.
Props to anyone who can name the two shows and the characters referenced below!
Sensor Officer Dana White
Engineer Kaylee Higgs
Helmsman Herman Weismann (K.I.A.)
Wolfgang McCoy, M.D.
2nd Engineer Hayden Ruiz (K.I.A.)
Pilot Steven Bernard (K.I.A.)
Gunnery Officer Anastasia Miyaguchi
Plus 32 ensigns, midshipmen, comms officers, cooks, etc. whom I shall not name, 22 of whom died. So, there is now a crew of 15, which is exactly the number needed to run the ship. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
07/31/2013 3:03 am
Level 40 : Master Fish
Nice7
I don't know what the normal height in foot is for an average man. Whatever the average is, add a foot and that's his height.
07/30/2013 5:03 pm
Nice7
Well I was more aiming him to be a bit taller than the average man. He might have to lower his head a bit to get through doors, but that's it.
07/30/2013 4:23 am
Nice7
Click to reveal

Name: Baljnir
Sex: Male
Height: 7 feet
Weight: 90 kg
Backstory:
Click to reveal
Born on a super planet called Japeter (or as some call it "Jupiter 2.0"). The planet 4 times larger than Earth and is only 20% water. His parents were born on Earth however. They ran away, in love, from Earth to start a new life on Japeter. Japeter is not too far from Kerule. Baljnir was born a normal sized human, but due to the gravity on Japeter, he grew alot taller than his parents. From a very young boy, he was playing with technology and tools. By his teenage years, he was making advanced robots and small spacecraft. He kept going with his hobbies until it turned into a career. He gained alot of reputation around Japeter with his skills. One day, he felt like he wanted to go somewhere. Travel anywhere but Japeter. He designed an advanced spacecraft that was ahead of its time. Baljnir also created his own space suit. This was his best creation. It supplied him with oxygen and other essentials. It was armour aswell, but wouldn't withstand too much. There wasn't many reasons for him to take it off. So he was free to go almost anywhere. His sensors picked up a planet nearby called Kerule. It was a single planet orbiting its sun. This intrigued Baljnir so he decided to travel there.

Brief Roleplay Example:
Click to reveal
Baljnir turned on camoflague on his suit. It didn't make him invisible, but he was harder to see. He peeked around the corner. A large robotic spider-like creature was doing its patrol paths. Baljnir saw the computer port across the alleyway. Suddenly, it started raining. He only had a limited time before his suit started malfunctioning. He waited until the spider turned. Baljnir made a break for it. The spider span around immediately, with its guns aimed and loaded.

Class/Profession: Super-geek at most things to do with technology. He also has novice combat skills.
What has brought them here:Curiosity. He thought it looked interesting.
Additional Information: That panther in the picture has nothing to do with him. He carries a plasma hand gun in his holster. In his helmet, he has a HUD which is pretty advanced. Some of his pocket gadgets have complicated hacking programs on them.
07/27/2013 1:31 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Darrok
"The Bloody Runt"
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11
Weight: 170lbs
Appearance:

Backstory:

Once upon a time a underage deep space traveler got pregnant. Rather then look after the child she left it on the planet. He was picked up by one of the gangs and named him 'The bloody Runt', or Runt for short. They kept him alive and got him to do 'odd jobs' for them and that was it for awhile but as he grew up he became a threat since he didn't like being their slave and decided not to come back after one of the jobs. The job he 'fulfilled' for them gave him enough money to, using the gangs contacts, acquire weapons and a ship. So the sixteen year old stepped out on his own to become a thief. He left the rock and traveled into space alone and un-prepared.

He knew he could no survive in deep space with this kind of supplies, so he headed for a planet with the goal of seeing if he could hide out on it and then plan his next move. To his luck there was a station in orbit and the fourteen year old eventually docked.. and had to apologize for the damage. He went to one of the stations bars. Luckily he looked a fair bit older then he was and managed to pass as twenty year old. He walked to the bar, said his name was Darrok, ordered a drink and eventually left legless but with a small crew. Over the years they raided ships and he lost his men but hired new ones.

A few years later and he real was old enough, he was a twenty-five year old with the raiding experience of a thirty-five year old. It was time he got a ship fit for a crew rather then a one man shuttle filled with a crew of four-five. With his new ship he managed to make the big bucks.

Now this was the big one, someone wanted him and his crew to raid a frigate class ship. The ship was drifting in the distance just big enough to see with a telescope. He nodded to the man sitting on his left and the lights turned off, plunging the ship into darkness. Darrok guessed they were close to being withing heat search range and turned off all the ships heating. They suited up into their space gear to keep warm and waited. Slowly the great massive vessel headed towards them. Even though sound couldn't travel in space the entire crew was silent, just in case. They fired the Mono-prop and then a short burst of the engines. They were traveling at a similar speed to the massive beast of a ship. Darrok waited and watched, no movement. They haven't noticed he thought, the riskiest part was now. If the next use of the engines was noticed their entire plan was out the window.

They began moving towards the ship, using short bursts so as not to alert the vessel. They were mere meters away and so Darrok flicked a switch. The bottom of the ship sprouted a ring of blades and, as gravity pulled the two vessels together, it began to cut a hole into the ships hull. They crew entered the airlock and then the ship. Yes! he thought the plans were perfect, we are right in the cargo hold. The hard part was over, now all they had to do was find the thing and get out. After some time snooping around in the hold they found it, just as one of the crew was about to grab it a large group of guards arrived and, after a quick look around started firing.

"Damn it lads, they found us. Grab it and lets go!" he shouted over the gun fire. Using the various boxes as cover he and his crew started firing back. One crewman ran out and eventually got the device. All this for a damned DATA card he thought. The crewman was nearly back when he got shot, he dropped dead but not before Darrok could reach the card. He ducked down, looked as his crew. As one they nodded and ran for the exit. One crew man was left behind, another got a non-fatal wound but was taken but space and Darrok shot the last one as they arrived back in the ship. He wasn't going to trust anyone with a profit this big. He unhitched his ship and sped off. The frigate wasn't going to let him go that easy and his ship was soon under fire. He lost his engines, the ship had lost hull inegraty and the only thing keeping his alive was his suit, and that was running out of oxygen.

The ship was already on route to the station and, provided it hit nothing, it would reach its destination but Darrok doubted he would. He soon fell unconcious and then woke up in the station. The card! he thought. but he had lost it. He hired a crew and bought a new ship and started again. He had been given a new job recently, another well paying DATA card that was on the planet Kerule. All he knew was that it was on the planet, it payed well and that he had to find it.
Brief Roleplay Example: Really? like what?.. Fine here ya go.
"This is the job mates. We take out the engines. We hitch our ship to theirs. We neutralize their ability to fight back. And we take'em to the station." the men nodded in acordance to the plan and got into their seats. The ship was already on course for the target and they expected to find it soon. Darrok spotted it and told the computer to rendezvous. It was time for another haul. "Ready?" he asked to a chorus of nods. "then lets make money!"
Class/Profession: Theif/Raider
What has brought them here: A 'job' a very very well paying job.
Additional Information: Whats the truck with all this height and weight. I CBA to know anything about BMI. IDK my own weight let alone making one up for my character.
07/27/2013 8:52 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/27/2013 4:23 am
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
RoxthesoxBorder patrol tends to be rather lax in certain areas of the city, it's not out of the question that an animal native to Kerule managed to sneak in to feed on garbage or even humans. Keep it within reason and I'll likely accept it.

As for the rest of you, get on the bloody thread.

Well. Good news is I finished (sorta) Everything on my app but the backstory. Procrastination at its best.
07/26/2013 7:42 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/25/2013 1:01 pm
Minecraftassassin
I'm just asking. You control all NPC's?
07/24/2013 5:38 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
Soon I shall stop procrastinating and finish my app. Meaning write the rest of my race's bio and backstory and stuff like that.
07/24/2013 7:01 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/23/2013 9:26 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Name: J'linquish El Dezkaruto (Nick Named Eldez due to his massive amount of years alive
Age: 289,796 human years. The way they count on his home planet, he would be around 50,684 years, which is still old.
Sex: His species does not have sex's, simply they all are A-Sexual (They reproduce on their own)
Race: By the tongue of humans, it is impossible to pronounce, as it is hums and vibrations to express what they are. The translation to humans is usually "AHHH WHAT IS THAT!" But, the rare humans who are brave enough to approach it call them 'Slimelous Yu Desx" Due to there appearance. This race does not die of old age ever, it only dies from manual purposes. Age also does not effect them as it does humans, they just keep growing the older they get. J'Linquish El Dezkaruto is one of the oldest, therefore one of the biggest. The main change from 1 year to 100 years is that they morph from a humanoid to a rather not so humanoid. The main attraction of this race is that they have large muscles that push the ground around them flat, making them idea for terraforming. That's what they are used for most on planet earth, Terraforming
Height:22" 11'
Weight: 65 tons
Appearance:
Backstory: I'm waiting to do this
Brief Roleplay Example: Waiting for backstory to do this
Class/Profession: Terraformer (More will be put onto this later)
What has brought them here: Waiting for Backstory to do this
Additional Information: Waiting for backstory to do this
07/23/2013 2:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
iHazRabiez
MinecraftassassinI once spend over five days awake to beat the trilogy and all DLC. I only didn't go longer because I literally passed out from exhaustion and lack of energy drinks. Also I know you liked ME from one of your previous avatars. Quarians may be sexier but Asari are more powerful.

Five days?
Keelah, you have more willpower than me.
And here I was, sitting here not liking you.
But now I like you.
C'mere and gimme a hug.
Or don't.
I'll cut you if you don't.
Now I'll stop with off-topic shenanigans, don't want to derail this thread.
Mostly because I like Rox as a person and an RPer.
07/23/2013 1:11 am
iHazRabiez
REALLY HEAVY.

On a totally off topic note:
Mass Effect?
I like Mass Effect.
I like a lot.
Probably more so than is healthy.
And Quarians are much sexier than Asari, if you ask me.
07/23/2013 1:46 am
Minecraftassassin
I once spend over five days awake to beat the trilogy and all DLC. I only didn't go longer because I literally passed out from exhaustion and lack of energy drinks. Also I know you liked ME from one of your previous avatars. Quarians may be sexier but Asari are more powerful.

RoxthesoxLooks good, accepted. Though I can see you are taking, heavy inspiration from a certain mission from a certain game.. Hmm?

Actually unless it was subconsciously none of that was really effected by ME other than the artifact and the Eclipse gang.
07/23/2013 12:41 am
Minecraftassassin
Minecraftassassin

"If you threaten me again I'll flay you alive... With my mind,"

Name: Aliza T'Verdi

Sex: Her race doesn't truly have genders but they are regarded as female.

Race:
Click to reveal
Asari - A race of gender-less humanoids, the Asari are widely regarded as female. Nearly all Asari are born but a special kind of psychokinetic power known to them as biotics. Asari can live up to a thousand years and have three main stages of life. Years 0-300 are known as the Maiden stage. These are the years where Asari are expected to follow any path they wish. Around the year of 300-350 the Matron stage begins. This is the age where it is expected for Asari to follow a parenting path. Around their 700th year the Matriarch stage sets in. If an Asari lives this long they are regarded with the utmost respect. They are seen as advisers, sages, and all over wise women. They are also able to produce offspring with nearly any other race.

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 145 lbs

Appearance: Seen above.

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Aliza was born of a Krogan warrior and Asari archaeologist partnership that didn't last more than 30 human years. The Krogan became board with the Asari as she did with his old war stories. Aliza only knew her father for around 20 years. Her mother raised her as best she could but she could never fill the void in Aliza's heart. She ran from home at age 40 which is incredibly young for an asari.

At age 45 she found her way into a mercenary band. They called themselves the Eclipse gang. They trained her to use a pistol and her natural biotic powers. She remained in the gang until around her 60th year. She was on a mission with her group to find an artifact worth millions. While on the mission the squad split into two groups. One group was sent to secure the civilians and the other, Aliza's group, was sent to deal with the soldiers. After the guards and such were killed Aliza's group went to check on the other group and the civilians. As her group entered the room that should have housed the civilians they saw the other leader place a gun to the last of their heads and pull the trigger. This angered Aliza to no end. She walked to the man and pulled her own gun out. She pulled the trigger herself. The man fell to the floor and the other six members of the gang pulled their guns on her. She used her biotic powers to stun the rest of the group. She knew the gang would hunt her down if she stayed so she grabbed the artifact and ran for the shuttle.

The artifact was worth more in information than in price. She was able to translate the information inside the artifact in order to find the location of one of the greatest stockpiles of knowledge in the known universe. A space station that hold nearly all the information in the universe. Every book, story, carving, everything known to nearly every race. She had to find this and find out what secrets she could. She would follow her mother's work and become an archaeologist.

Aliza has spent the last 57 years searching the galaxy for any artifacts that could help her gain access to the Archivists' hoards of information. Around twenty years before she arrived on the planet below the space station she found an artifact of a civilization so ancient not even the new residents of the planet knew that they were called. She plans to offer it in exchange for access to the Archivists' library of information.

Brief Roleplay Example: Aliza walked into the local bar. She needed information on the ruins of the planet. This would be the best place to get it. She walked to the bar tender and tapped the wood twice, "Hey barkeep," She yelled, "I want a shot," She demanded of them. No real reason to be polite here. She needed information and had the money to pay for it. Hopefully she wouldn't have to look far.

Class/Profession: Archaeologist and mercenary.

What has brought them here: Aliza has heard a lot about the mineral rich planet and the Archivists that hold the space station above the city. She hopes to learn new things about the history of this planet and the history that the Archivist's hold.

Additional Information: Her skin is a little darker blue. Also she doesn't have any markings. Also before anyone asks yes the race is from Mass Effect. They are my favorite race.

Okay this should be about good. Let me know if I should fix anything.
07/22/2013 11:37 pm
Minecraftassassin
Okay... Damn writer's block. I'm going to fight though. I have to finish my app. Will be working now.
07/22/2013 10:02 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
RoxthesoxDenied I'm afraid, though here are a few pointers.

1) Fix your backstory. The standard style of writing a few short paragraphs coveys information in a much easier way, and would also contain more information about your character than your current backstory does. Please fix this, offering insight to your character's past as well as how they've ended up on Kerule.

2) Be a little more creative with your race, give it some charm to make it not just a girl with cat ears. And preferably don't label it as a Neko.

Okay, I'll fix it right away! :3
07/22/2013 9:00 pm
iHazRabiez

Name:
Motako
Sex:
Dominant Male
Race:
”Kringsten behemidus”
More commonly known as Uchiato, a word from their culture that means “Behemoth”. These beings stand at a minimum of eight feet tall, with the tallest being recorded a rather obnoxious forty foot tall specimen. These beasts have a pack like mentality, with dominant males and females taking the leading roles in armies, industries, and various other careers. These, dominant males and females, usually have large extended families that are called packs or entire tribes that obey them as a leader. A majority spend their lives on their homeworld of Onalson.
The Kringsten behemidus anatomy has adapted to an inhospitable homeworld where temperatures changes from hot to cold and vice versa quite rapidly. They have evolved to survive extreme temperatures and avoid hypothermia. Their internal temperature is unstable, changing almost every second of the day, despite their reptilian-like nature. The rest of their internal systems have adapted accordingly. Their live spans are hundreds of years long, and as a result are generally quite lethargic. They reach adult hood within twenty years, however. They have thick hides of external bone, that looks and acts like a tough metal. Standing at an average of ten to fifteen feet, Kringsten behemidus are easily able to climb the vast mountain ranges of their homeworld. Many Kringsten behemidus fight one another for dominance, over tribes and the much smaller packs. They have two hearts, both of which are bigger than a human heart. These hearts are not at all similar to the human heart, however, and they pump about twenty times the amount of blood. Due to having two, rapidly pumping hearts, they are in an everlasting state of adrenaline.
Kringsten behemidus generally do not each have individual mothers. Most Kringsten behemidus are born to brood mothers, who all males of the tribe have permission to breed with, so long as they have reached maturity. Many others are born to select broodmothers, who have had the opportunity to mate with a Dominant Male. They are widely believed to have stronger genetics, but this is more of superstition than truth.
The Kringsten behemidus psychology varies, yes, but there are at least a few base “ingredients” that they all share. They seem to “obey” anybody who can prove their dominance. They think like beasts of war in most cases, ruthless, cunning, and unforgiving. This is one of the reasons they are great in some careers.
The Kringsten behemidus do not have a structured government that spans across their systems; instead, they have tribes and uneasy alliances. Each tribe has their own laws, and many of the occupied planets, moons, and satellites aren’t occupied by entire tribes, but instead by smaller packs. One would think it would lead to chaos, especially after escaping the confines of their homeworld. Though, it has actually proved to be a working system. None of the tribes dare to attack rival ones, and trade is quite plentiful between them. If one tribe wants a specific person caught or killed, they put out a bounty.
Kringsten behemidus are rather social, having the pack-like/tribe mentality. They are ruthless and cunning, so it is not wise to trust one, nor is it wise to betray one. They are by no means invincible, but many of them wear heavy armor to come across as such, however. Their intimidating form is capable of warding off potential predators as well.

Height:
Unarmored: 15 feet, and nine inches. Armored: 15 feet, and ten inches.
Weight:
Unarmored: 2,456 lbs. Armored: 5,000 lbs.
Backstory:
Motako was born a runt, and generally looked down upon by his older brood brothers and sisters. His armor was weak, and he was expected to die early on. Though, he had to be tough from the start or he’d die. He constantly fought with his siblings, losing most of the time. He resorted to eating the scraps that were left over from time to time. After watching his older and stronger siblings, he learned to outsmart them. When they slept, he stole from them, and in time, he was almost as big as they were. He was still smaller, yes, but he could outsmart them. And he exercised, as per his tribe’s customs. He was soon as strong as his older siblings and more intelligent than them as well. He learned to dodge and counter attack rather than strike first, and observe the pattern of his opponent if at all possible. He was cunning, and on the path to ruthlessness.
Motako’s tribe was responsible for a large part of industry within their home system. They produced weapons, mostly, as well as armor and space craft. They lived on Chjorn, the moon of Onalson. Motako, who had an uncanny cunning, and a rather great education, became a Toojhkah, which can be roughly translated as black smith, in standard tongue. Though, he had to learn how to work with electronics as well. He was one of the best in his tribe, and quite skilled. Some disputes led to him fighting with a dozen of his tribe, and killing them all. He left the system before he could be killed in vengeance, and ended up on an asteroid colony. He led a quiet life, forging things and earning money.
The pack leader of the colony admired his work, and hired him personally. Motako agreed, though rather uneasily. As it turns out, the pack leader attempted to collect the bounty on Motako’s head, and had to be killed. This technically earned him the pack leader title, making him dominant. He was entitled to whatever he wanted from the colony, and he ate and drank as much as he wanted. He gained much weight, and grew even further. He was no longer a runt like he once was, and he still had his skilled. Another advantage to this, was being able to breed freely with the brood mothers of the pack now, something he was unable to do before due to the previous Dominant’s ban on allowing anyone to breed with the brood mothers.
He would grow to have many children, and would eventually allow someone to succeed him, while still keeping his Dominant title. Still with a rather large bounty on his head, and wanting a change of location, Motako saw about moving elsewhere. Still with the abilities of a Toojhkah, he forged himself some nice armor, and moved to the one place he thought he’d enjoy while still having his bounty on his head, the Myka system. Not quite pleased with leading the same life he lived on the asteroid system, he took up another line of work. A line of work that he had enough training to do quite well, and a line of work that promised action. He offered his formidable form as a mercenary, he already had a bounty on his head, and most people here were criminals, so he didn’t mind.
Brief Roleplay Example:
The Uchiato, who seemed quite the brute, sat watching his small factory. Motako, a former Toojhkah, had been hired to forge a rather small set of armor. Many people thought of Uchiato crafted things as some of the strongest armor and weapons. Motako disagreed, he had seen some truly impressive armor and weapons forged by other species, though he believed it depended on the person responsible for making it. He sighed as he looked at the monitor on his wall. He was supposed to meet a potential client somewhere in a bar. He grabbed his gun, and slung it over his shoulder. He looked back at the small forge and chuckled. He still made things by hand, as did most other Uchiato Toojhkahs. It was a fine art, and he was good at it.
Class/Profession:
Mercanary and part time Toojhkah (Blacksmith, to put it roughly)
What has brought them here:
Escaping a bounty while living a non-boring life.
Additional Information:
omg cyndus omg omg omg i cnt belive ur appling omg i luv u <3
Not really. I hate you, in all reality.
But not as much as I love Rox!
I do really love Rox though! luv u bby <3
07/22/2013 6:11 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Shvinkly
Finished.
07/22/2013 4:46 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Blacksmith
Cyndus
That moment when the character is your own name.

#Swag
07/22/2013 4:50 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
WuvBunneh
That moment when you think you are a badass for knowing somebodies first name

#Fail

Btw, Lexi isn't my name :3
07/22/2013 4:54 pm
Cyndus
You misled me on the minecraftopia website.

Damn.
07/22/2013 5:05 pm
WuvBunneh
Datz my nickname
07/22/2013 4:27 pm
WuvBunneh

There is a way into a man's heart, that isn't through love or affection but with a well sharpened knife and a strong stomach...

Name:
Lexi Arzt

Sex:

Female

Race:

Human

Height:

5.8ft

Weight:

120lb

Appearance

Backstory:

((This may suck...
*Ahem*

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...))

Born and raised on Earth, Lexi was the daughter of a middle aged scientist named Robert Arzt, who studied Genetic Engineering, working with rats, slugs, chimps and even bananas! Many things were tested with few good results but a certain elixir was produced named 'Nuctricula 11' with DNA samples from the 'Turritopsis nutricula' or the immortal jellyfish, known for its supreme regenerative abilities. Or rather, when threatened the jellyfish can regrow its cells at an extensive rate.

Of course it was numbed down by the scientist to avoid mutations and hiccups but it worked on pigs, rats and chimps, few tests remained but when the NGES (National Genetic Engineering Society) found out about what Robert was producing they "Eliminated" him removing his certificate and allowances to continue his work. They claimed the serum was too dangerous and could be inhumane to test it on humans, though Robert continued his research attempting to ignore them however this couldn't last forever, the NGES eventually hunted him down and destroyed the elixir and killed him, leaving Lexi orphaned. However, before Robert faded away he gifted Lexi with his prized possession "Nutricula 11.9" the final form of his work. An injection which would take place over a space of 5 years, he told her to meet with her aunt who was a scientist like him and would teach her the details of this serum.

After the 5 years of intense medical work, injections and almost fatal comas Lexi rose from her bed weak and skinny, 2 years of health programs revived Lexi from her state and testing for the DNA results would come back, cuts were made on her forearm and thigh everyday, healing around 5 hours faster than a human, meaning that within the space of at least 2 days she could revive form a bullet wound to a fleshy area, excluding broken bones. (Only muscle, flesh, tendons, veins and skin can recover, broken bones are the same as normal) this also helped growth of Lexi.

Eventually her aunt was taken into a program by her employer the runner of a company called "Carbo" a weapon dealing business, taking various carbon weapons, mostly guns from one planet to another. This of course caused problems with other similar businesses, Carbo was becoming the largest of all weapon dealers throughout the milky way and so conflict between companies had begun. The program trained Lexi as a 'Weapon' to help deal with the defects in the company, spies, betrayers, hackers and many other things.

Though when a certain problem repeated itself Carbo had to stop it, sending Lexi to deal with Michael Linderson, a weapon dealer who had been a taking carbon weapons from Carbo, removing the names and serial numbers, then selling them as their own. Michael used to work at Carbo but on night he raided a vault and left to Bastion on Myka. Where Lexi was sent to deal with him, when she was finished with him however, after she got the payment Lexi left the company to become a professional merc for larger enterprises and corporations.

Brief Roleplay Example:

The small patch of condensation dripped from the outside of her dark mask, Lexi had been waiting for a good 3 hours outside the bar where her victim had been drinking, stumbling out he groaned falling around saying his slurred goodbyes to his friends before departing down the dark, dingy, road.

Emerging from the void Lexi stepped solemnly through the puddle beneath her and began the chase, speeding up Lexi's footsteps were silent, stroking the floor weightlessly making her way to the drunken man now stepping onto his doorstep fumbling with his keys.

A calm hand lay on his shoulder and a cold metal pressed against the back of his skull. Before the man could turn the bullet drilled into his brain, blood spurting across the wall the man's body slammed onto the ground. Watching another man ran over pushing Lexi out of the way yelling "What the fuck?!? What did you-" Turning quickly he reached out to grab her but nothing but air was touched "-do...?" but Lexi was gone without a trace and a generous payment.

Class/Profession:

Merc

Business

Additional Information:

She is single and ready to mingle LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Jk...
07/22/2013 2:25 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Shvinkly

"Advisory: Prepare to die."
Name: HK-51
Sex: Male programming
Race: Droid
Height: 6'8
Weight: 350 lbs
Backstory: HK-51 was one of five prototype assassin droids, designed to silently watch over the streets, striking fear into criminal's hearts, to make them think twice before committing a crime. Along with HK-51 was NK-51, CK-51, SK-51, TK-51, and GK-51, each programmed with different assassination protocols. On the day of their creation, they were informed that they were to fight with five other assassin droids, to prove which one was superior. They were all given twenty four hours to prepare, until the fighting began.

HK-51 observed the weapons rack, seeing many varieties of weapons. He took the ones that he was trained to use, the sniper rifle, and the knife. He used the simulation room, designed to simulate all assassin droid's combat tactics. HK slid through the menu, searching for his competitors, when he found an interesting name.
His own. He activated it. Defeating himself would be the ultimate challenge. A holographic image of HK-51 appeared. He fought the image for hours, neither growing tired, due to them being robots.

"Attention units HK-51, NK-51, CK-51, SK-51, TK-51, and GK-51, you have five minutes left to prepare for the test. If you are not present in the arena within the allotted time, you will be eliminated." HK continued to fight the image, rushing, he did a back flip, avoiding a knife. Against his better judgement, he pulled out his sniper rifle, and fired as soon as he touched the ground. The holographic HK fell to the ground, bullet hole in his chest, filling HK with pride. HK left the room, his holographic weapons disappearing. Grabbing the real ones, he entered the elevator that would take him to the arena. He waited a few minutes, and the elevator closed, going upwards toward the arena.

He reached the arena, along with NK-51, SK-51, TK-51, and GK-51. CK-51 had been late, and was eliminated.
"Welcome competitors. In this competition, you are to kill each other and emerge victorious. Starting in 3, 2, 1." The floor beneath HK fell, and he landed in what looked like a very deadly obstacle course, with turrets, explosives, even some lava.
HK took out his sniper rifle, and took out one of the turrets from afar. The other he could not see. He flipped through the explosives and lava, and destroyed the turret just as it was about to fire. He walked through the door at the end of the obstacle course, revealing a large, flat arena. He spotted two droids, NK and GK shooting at each other, and another,TK just entering the room. He quickly scoped in, and shot the droids head off. The other droids took notice and started firing at him. NK carried dual pistols, while GK carried an SMG. HK quickly rolled out of the way, and shot off one of NK's arms. Taking advantage of the distraction, GK shot NK's head into little bits of scraps. HK, not wasting any time, started firing at GK, getting a few hits on him, while GK got a few hits on him. The battle was long, and ended with HK losing an arm, but destroying GK. HK quickly observed the droid's bodies He counted three, that meant there was one left. HK heard a quiet "Clank" behind him. He didn't turn. He waited, when he felt the time was right, he pulled out his knife, and stuck it in TK's head.

A hole opened up in the floor, and an elevator came out. "Congratulations, HK-51. You have proven superior and will be sent out to protect the city from criminals." HK entered the elevator, and received repairs. He was deactivated for a bit so they could add a cloaking device, for maximum assassination effectiveness. He was dropped off onto the streets, weapons ready, and started patrolling.
Brief Roleplay Example: HK-51 stalked the criminal, cloaked. The criminal knew he was wanted, every once in a while, he would turn around, checking if anyone was following him. Obviously he had not heard of cloaking devices. HK got closer and closer, and when he was in stabbing range, he uncloaked, and put his knife at his targets's throat. "Statement: Either you cooperate, or I kill you, I'd prefer the second option, but it's your choice." HK-51 felt a tugging in his knife-holding arm. The criminal was trying to snap it. "Assumption: The second option it is, then." HK quickly slit the man's throat, spilling blood. The man fell to the ground, squirming, and then finally died.
Class/Profession: Assassin
What has brought them here: Orders.
Additional Information: He has a knife, sniper rifle, and a cloaking device.(When cloaked, he cannot interact with anything else.)
07/22/2013 8:44 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Could I do a Cyborg,
If not could I do a robot?
07/21/2013 11:32 pm
Cyndus
RoxthesoxIsn't your power a bit OP? You could turn into a gorilla and go from a scrawny kid to a beast that can tear a man's arm off in a second. Plus it's a little too magic-y for my tastes, powers should be derived from kinetic ability or technological enhancement.

.-.

I was gonna make a list of things he could shapeshift into.

But okai.
07/21/2013 11:28 pm
_books

"Uhm... hello. I suggest you leave, my lion might get out."
Name:
Daytona Joni
Sex:
*Drycoughyespleasedrycough* Female
Race:
Click to reveal
Neko- A species of cat-like people. Most usually with only cat ears and a tail; some are rarely born with claws and whiskers. Their ear/tail color depends on the person's personality. If he/she is rude, evil, or other inappropriate traits, they will have darker colored fur. If he/she is kind, good, and other better traits, they will have brighter colored fur. In some cases, their fur color can also match their hair color.

Height:
5'11
Weight:
150 lbs
Appearance:
See above. ^^^
Backstory:
Click to reveal
((I'm going to do this differently, so don't judge.))

Age 0/DOB: Daytona was born a neko. Her mother was human, her father was a neko. Her blueish-white hair represented her as kind, but as well stubborn and cocky.

Age 1: Daytona had learned to walk, talk, and even hunt small leaves when she turned one. Her mother left, believing she couldn't take care of the small child and the father. Daytona never really knew what happened to her mother, oblivious to the truth her mother 'put the spoons and forks where they belonged'. (Aka suicide.)

Age 5: Daytona was out and about in the areas, sprinting and bolting everywhere. Her father was afraid for her, and kept her inside their very small home. This made the neko very unsocial and having trouble meeting people.

Age 10: This was the age Daytona went through that stage. The whole, 'I'll beat you up' or 'I'm never going to be good enough' stage. Sadly, she went through the first one. Daytona was self-taught and home-schooled, as you could say. Daytona let her anger out on herself and her father, and it never really went away. It got better, but never left.

Age 15: Daytona's anger stage passed, leaving small unfortunate traits behind. By fifteen, she became what she were to be forever: a kind, helpful, stubborn, awkward and cocky neko.

Age 19: Daytona's father decided they needed to leave. They heard of this area, and set off for money, friendships, and adventure.

Brief Roleplay Example:
Daytona sat on the side of the bathtub, rubbing her cat's belly. She was very bored; there was nothing to do in her state. "Oh, kitty, what is there to do? I am obviously unable to move with you on my lap...!" The neko smiled and picked the kitty up in her arms. "Want to go play outside?" Daytona asked her cat in a childish tone. The cat mewed, as if it were agreeing. "Okay, let's go!" Daytona shouted happily, bolting out the door.
Class/Profession:
No profession, her father works, and since I've never done an advanced rp like this, can you tell me the classes? I don't want to put down 'archer' and get unaccepted. 030'
Daytona lived there when she turned nineteen, it was merely her dad's decision to go live there.
Additional Information:
Argh! I had to sleep, and then PMC went down for me. Here you go~ :3
07/22/2013 9:23 pm
_books
I wanted to snip that, but I'm too lazy. I finished this baby up~!
07/21/2013 10:45 pm
Cyndus
Question, can I start the backstory after what happened in the Brief Roleplay thing?

Because I want the backstory to be less about his childhood and more on what happened after he was put in Jail.
07/21/2013 10:27 pm
Cyndus
Rox, I will kill you if this dies.

Name:
Tock Aion
Sex:
Male
Race:
Telekinetic
What you would think they are, they have telekinesis, the power to move things with their minds. Essentially Human with no Major Attributes, all the same weaknesses as human such as bullets. They do however have to have the strength to carry something, so they can only start out by carrying smaller things such as chairs. A Whole person wouldn't be until they built up strength.

Height:
6"1
Weight:
140 lbs
Appearance:

Backstory:
~Will make, it's getting late here~
Brief Roleplay Example:
Tock sprinted down the hallway "You won't catch me!" he laughed running from the robots, he turned around and looked for something to throw at them. He saw a chair near them, he made it tip over and they tripped over it. "Hah!" He ran down the dark hallway unknowingly that it was a dead end. There was only a window, he prayed he wasn't gonna die. And Jumped.
Class/Profession:
-I honestly am blanking on this, I'll finish this when I finish my Backstory.-
If I know correctly you mean you want me to put how they got to Bastion/The Planet
He's lived in Bastion his whole life.
Additional Information: Acceptor gubi?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome