forum Forumsplay_arrow Communities fiber_manual_record Roleplays

The General Roleplay Hub - Introduce yourself! [Help/Chat]

3 emeralds14,332 replies127,804 views
created 06/08/2012 5:32 pm by PMC
last reply 02/16/2019 12:06 am

The General Roleplay Hub is a hub created for the roleplaying community on Planet Minecraft. It was created by User Xamboldore on June 8th, 2012. When User Xamboldore went inactive, Site Moderator Jesuitical assumed control of the hub. It was then temporarily controlled by Forum Moderator Korigon, before being handed over to Poke, also a Forum Moderator. Now we moved the ownership of the thread to PMC.

- Post and discuss roleplay ideas
- Ask for help with your roleplays or characters
- Post your roleplays so others can see and apply
-snip-

A potential idea which had been an idea for a rather long time, and was brought back into the light by Forum Moderator Korigon. The Roleplay Council would be composed of experienced/'good' Roleplayers, their jobs would include:

. Teaching/Assisting new roleplayers.

. Being someone who roleplayers can ask questions regarding roleplay and be given answers from and experienced point of view.

This idea would take some time to implement, and is still being discussed. How long it may take to clarify some parts may take a while, I'll let you know if it's being put in motion.

Name:
Asz

Creator:
iHazRabiez

Genre:
Sandbox, Fantasy

Descrption:
Set in an arguably dark fantasy world which is far different from most fantasy roleplays. Magic users are scorned, rather than respected and praised, and many different beliefs and stories from the different races contradict each other. There are no set goals to work towards in this roleplay, and one may want to create a sub-plot for themselves.

asz-t421264.html

To have your roleplay featured, send Poke a private message with the title/name of the OOC Thread/roleplay and a short description of the roleplay's plot and genre and it's GMs.

Roleplaying terminology - Post #1 - Created by NorthernGameR
Powergaming, metagaming and godmodding - Post #2 - Created by Korigon
Character and roleplay critique - Coming soon

Pages 1-659: 'ORIGINAL IDEA RP HUB'
Pages 660-814: 'Roleplay Interest Check Thread'
Pages 815-828: 'Tavern Hub'
Pages 828-1084: 'The General Role-Play Hub'
Pages 1085-present: 'The General Roleplay Hub'

Pages 1-1084: Lead by User Xamboldore
Pages 1085-1175: Lead by Site Moderator Jesuitical
Pages 1175-1175: Lead by Forum Moderator Korigon
Pages 1176-present: Lead by Forgotten Moderator Poke
Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 72 : Legendary Cake

14,332 replies

02/12/2019 1:57 pm
Level 1 : New Warrior
ChrisCapital
I was wondering if any of you wanted to be a part of a Minecraft TV Show I am starting. It should be a fun experience for every one involved and I think you'd like it alot! This is the "application" link (its short) https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1p_H3LMTgtULVakVYWImwnJOlRsTUhMdA

We'd love to have you on set with us!
02/12/2019 10:32 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Skinner
Taconator_G
I applied, but I was wondering, is this a voice acting thing?
02/15/2019 8:17 pm
ChrisCapital
Yup, it would be.
02/16/2019 12:06 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Skinner
Taconator_G
ah, i'm not sure my audio is quite good enough.. but i'm willing to try!
01/04/2019 10:59 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
SpideyBoi
I've got some roleplays which need roleplayers, 'Superheroes' is a major RP so I'll start with that. I'll be advertising my roleplays here daily until they're all advertised. I'll make a schedule on my profile (if possible) after I post this so that extra info will be known
Superheroes
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Description: A group of superheroes, known as the United Legion, fight crime.
Requirements to register: Name (not real name), superhero/superheroine name, age (not real age), backstory (put backstory in spoiler), physical appearance (character's physical appearance)
Life of a Honey Badger
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fiction
Description: A honey badger is taken far from home. But, little do the poachers know the secrets of honey badgers.
Requirements to register: Name (not real name), distinctive features, species, personality (character's personality. This is an optional requirement)
12/26/2018 5:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Well, another year has passed.

The individuals who actually see and even reply to these messages grow lesser and lesser as time goes on. It's a little disappointing that the the remnants of this once vivacious site wither away; but I suppose it was inevitable.

In fact, I can hardly understand why I still come back here every year to post on this hub. There's so many different things I can be doing. I have a girlfriend, a Major, and all sorts of other things that I could easily allocate these minutes to.

I think, when everything boils down to what it really is -- in other words, the truth -- it's some perverted sense of repayment. You know, some kind of "From whence you came" deal, where-in this is the whence in which I came. I still roleplay over text, under a different alias of course, and I am a lot more successful than I ever was here. It's one of the few pleasures I derive from my world -- a world which is characterized by my past poor decisions. Admittedly, in the real world, I'm not in the best of places now. Certain substances, if I'm to avoid being specific, are to blame for that.

However, if I never began at PMC, I would have never been afforded this pleasure. So, as a contrast to all my previous and pretentious posts, I'd like to thank everyone here. You've given me something that helps alleviate a pain that I could never live with, and for that, I owe the old time individuals here everything.
09/03/2018 9:42 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TooFluffy
Hey guys not really sure if this is the right place for this but I have a roleplay server where you can become a mutant with a power of your choosing or a human who hunts the mutants. If you are interested DM me. If I am overstepping here and got this wrong then I will remove this message immediately.
08/31/2018 1:59 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
jamiecrafter
I have a d&d roleplay if anyone’s interested search Dungeons & Dragons.
07/26/2018 7:59 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
YoItsKester
Hi if anyone is interested being apart of my roleplay just type Legends and there heros in the search bar
07/26/2018 3:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Ethxnwxs
Hey.Im Very Active On MC and i would love to be a character in a RP. I Dont mind if its going on Social Media or not. Hit Me up If You Want Me To Be In Your RP Or Just Want General Help.Thx For Reading:)
02/12/2019 1:56 pm
ChrisCapital
Would you be interested in https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1p_H3LMTgtULVakVYWImwnJOlRsTUhMdA

its similar to a roleplay
02/01/2019 4:56 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
SpideyBoi
You can join one of my roleplays. Go on my profile and once you've seen all of them PM me which one you want to join.
09/22/2018 12:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Pokemon
DrownedPound
05/16/2018 9:25 am
Max_Destiny
Anyone wanna be in my minecraft roleplay crew?
07/26/2018 3:51 pm
Ethxnwxs
Me Please If You Still Have Open Slots. Hit Me Up If You Need Me bro:)
12/01/2017 4:07 pm
Level 1 : New Network
minerall
question about RPeing lets say a character is a magician but he lives in a modern world. How do i make this an interesting scenario and make the character fit in?
07/15/2017 9:55 pm
Slenderpy
just your yearly reminder that I am still alive and superior to everyone here in every fashion.
07/19/2017 10:04 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
Also i'm here to remind people I'm still here and pretty much still mediocre.
03/22/2017 1:28 am
ThunderBolt832
-snip-
03/14/2017 3:15 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
Dynit
And im back (mostly) from an RPing journey beyond the site (i.e RPing in RP sites and RPGs).
03/14/2017 9:48 am
Cid_of_Lufenia
Um hey welcome back!
02/17/2017 1:34 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Toast
SmolFairy
Uhhhh.. hi!!!

My friend PinkachuSanspai recommended I should come here, and I LOOOVVVEEE RPs!!

So, once I figure out how everything works, I would LOVE to join some RPs!

HOI
02/19/2017 12:35 pm
Cid_of_Lufenia
Hello and welcome to the mostly inactive roleplay community
02/12/2017 6:43 pm
Cid_of_Lufenia
It' seems the roleplay community here is dead.as well there has not even been a single post in the forum roleplays section recently like not even the never ending roleplay I made a while back.
02/12/2017 5:36 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Button Pusher
Jesuitical
ok
11/07/2016 5:46 am
Nekokatkat
09/26/2016 10:51 pm
Cid_of_Lufenia
I am sorry to necropost but I have got to ask are there still people roleplaying on this website?
06/22/2016 11:47 am
Slenderpy
I have returned and I hear your cries. Your wailing, your welping. I have read what you said about me. I have read what you said about the red dragons.

I simply say this: you all should be ashamed.

I do not care about upvotes or down. I do not care if you love me or hate me.

I have said it before: many of you detest me and I detest many of you. And indeed it may be that many of you may love me, and I love those many of you.

But this is not about me. This is not about you. This is about that great, spiteful color. Red. RED. RED.

In that great ocean of red, through which I have swum these many months, I saw so many carcasses I could hardly keep up an accurate count.

I wasn't looking for carcasses, but for what was creating those carcasses. Who was the foul creature killing so many? What beast could flood the great valleys and plains with so much blood?

I'll tell you: I found him. Sitting all alone on an island. Crying. Crying hateful tears.

For his only desire in life is to kill and he had already killed everything in sight.

I told him who I was. I told him I had been cursed with the prophecy. I told him that my knowledge might destroy me. But that I could help him. I had struggled many months. Fate was at play. There were more to kill. More to kill indeed.

Who was it that I found on that blood encircled island, crying for want of even more blood?

Yes, indeed, it was Mud_Puppy

He is terror. He is violence. I pray for the poor Chicago boys who soon will look into his bleeding white eyes and know the hatred of Memphis. The ark itself will sink.
06/18/2016 9:24 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fox
-Mage-
I just rediscovered this.
06/19/2016 11:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
87man
Me 2.
05/28/2016 7:03 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Button Pusher
Jesuitical
Is this still a thing?
06/17/2016 6:09 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Princess
Rachel_Alucard
Apparently.......Yes. yes it is.
06/17/2016 2:26 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
87man
Waw.
03/30/2016 10:16 am
Level 29 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
So, to those oldies who still come by occasionally (and those new guys who want to say hi,) I have actually found some good friends on my forum who wanted to do a Tabletop style RPG, so we are doing a Shadowrun game based around the anime Fate/Stay Night.

It's actually going very well.
03/31/2016 9:50 am
Dynit
A shadowrun game based on a non-cyberpunk anime?

It's the work of the mages corrupted with insect spirits. Just kidding
03/31/2016 7:13 pm
The Silver Paladin
I combined the canons, so that it's much later in the Fate/ timeline, so around 2075 in the Shadowrun timeline. I could explain the statistics, but I'm afraid of sounding too wordy and complex. XD

I support Dunkelzahn Trump. Toxic Shamans are ruining this country. We ought to build a wall of Dragons and magic.
04/03/2016 9:03 am
Dynit
Saber X Jake Armitage Confirmed

*Whistles* that would be really interesting.
03/26/2016 4:01 pm
Level 1 : New Network
BookCookie
Yo. I am new.
03/06/2016 2:40 am
Dynit

Ugh...

Welp time to go ask the mods about this...
03/02/2016 1:13 am
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
aaron5699
Yearly post from an old soul.
03/01/2016 8:21 am
Level 31 : Artisan Network
Furry
I haven't been in this part of the website since its inception, but wow what a read. Slenderpy sounds (from what he has written so far) like he is a narcissist in the most literal fashion. It's surprising to say that the PMC RP community needs him. I'd reckon they would get along just fine without him, but then again I haven't visited this section in years so I wouldn't know at this point.

I'm going to keep reading the backchat to try and make sense of this.
Someone feel free to PM me and inform me on the situation.

Spooky.
02/27/2016 3:20 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Mud_Puppy
Slenderpy, you are an absolute liar. If you are blind enough to miss how many times you have contradicted yourself I would be astonished. In this post you have contradicted yourself many times in your morals, ethics and your supposed intelligence. But I have looked back on your other account posts and this one (I found your alternate accounts by searching Slenderpy on the forums and someone mentioned you are a troll and said all your other account names) as well, which all contradict what you talk about now (you just do not suggest your 'intelligence' in your other posts). Plus I am an alternate account of a member who was on here in the past while you were around on your alternative accounts and I interacted and role-played with you a lot. I also know everyone else who is here except for some of the newer members.

I know you do not know me (and I will not tell you my account) but I saw this post and thought you were incredibly arrogant so I decided to have a little look at what you are complaining about. Plus, it does not take a genius to debunk Sigmund Freud, most people who have been in middle school Sociology classes (ours was called PHSCE) would disagree with him like anyone would with the Plum Pudding Model or that Evolution is not real. So using a mainstream example of a psychologist as evidence to prove your worth will not work (especially when you know little about them).

Also, a person who says they are thinking about taking a course in Philosophy to 'see how easy it is' clearly knows nothing about Philosophy. Because Philosophy in itself is not an academic subject such as Mathematics and therefore is not anything to brag about (which is what you are doing here) as you cannot be better than one person to another with Philosophy. Someone with a simple grasp of Philosophy or Psychology would know that it has no correlation to being easy or difficult as Philosophy is not a prescriptive subject (I am sure you understand what I mean by prescriptive since you claim to be so intelligent, I also expect you to understand what link I am making too).

Do not come here to prove yourself, people who need to prove themselves have little grasp of their own psyche.

Now, in a way I think this thread needs to be locked.
03/26/2016 2:42 pm
Slenderpy
03/27/2016 5:45 pm
The Silver Paladin
A form of Poe's Law! Called it!
02/27/2016 11:27 pm
The Silver Paladin
I uh, I think Poe's Law needs to be applied here.
02/12/2016 1:47 pm
Level 40 : Master Wizard
rupert
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/engaina-fantasy-nations-t536797.html
please check out my new rp, Engaina: Fantasy Nations!
02/12/2016 1:33 am
Dynit
I don't know what is happening anymore? Can anyone (openly and honestly (even though sarcasm and made up baloney are your forte) please give me a refresher what just happened and what's up with Slenderpy (cause the last time i was here (few months ago) no one mentioned a Slenderpy in PMC) ?
02/14/2016 11:06 am
Slenderpy
It should be noted that I've upvoted every single person who's disagreed with me here, as far as I know.
That said.
In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.
An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.
My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.
I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).
I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.
Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.
I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.
I don't know if that will suffice as evidence that I'm intelligent. I'm done with it, though, because I'd rather defend my maturity, since it's what you've spent the most time attacking. The following are some examples of my morals and ethical code.
I believe firmly that everybody deserves a future. If we were to capture Hitler at the end of WWII, I would be against executing him. In fact, if we had any way of rehabilitating him and knowing that he wasn't just faking it, I'd even support the concept of letting him go free. This is essentially because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self should take responsibility for your past self's actions, it shouldn't be punished for them simply for the sake of punishment, especially if the present self regrets the actions of the past self and feels genuine guilt about them.
I don't believe in judgement of people based on their personal choices as long as those personal choices aren't harming others. I don't have any issue with any type of sexuality whatsoever (short of physically acting out necrophilia, pedophilia, or other acts which have a harmful affect on others - but I don't care what a person's fantasies consist of, as long as they recognize the difference between reality and fiction and can separate them). I don't have any issue with anybody over what type of music they listen to, or clothes they wear, etc. I know that's not really an impressive moral, but it's unfortunately rare; a great many people, especially those my age, are judgmental about these things.
I love everyone, even people I hate. I wish my worst enemies good fortune and happiness. Rick Perry is a vile, piece of shit human being, deserving of zero respect, but I wish for him to change for the better and live the best life possible. I wish this for everyone.
I'm pretty much a pacifist. I've taken a broken nose without fighting back or seeking retribution, because the guy stopped punching after that. The only time I'll fight back is if 1) the person attacking me shows no signs of stopping and 2) if I don't attack, I'll come out worse than the other person will if I do. In other words, if fighting someone is going to end up being more harmful to them than just letting them go will be to me, I don't fight back. I've therefore never had a reason to fight back against anyone in anything serious, because my ability to take pain has so far made it so that I'm never in a situation where I'll be worse off after a fight. If I'm not going to get any hospitalizing injuries, I really don't care.
The only exception is if someone is going after my life. Even then, I'll do the minimum amount of harm to them that I possibly can in protecting myself. If someone points a gun at me and I can get out of it without harming them, I'd prefer to do that over killing them.
I consider myself a feminist. I don't believe in enforced or uniform gender roles; they may happen naturally, but they should never be coerced into happening unnaturally. As in, the societal pressure for gender roles should really go, even if it'll turn out that the majority of relationships continue operating the same way of their own accord. I treat women with the same outlook I treat men, and never participate in the old Reddit "women are crazy" circlejerk, because there are multiple women out there and each have different personalities just like there are multiple men out there and each with different personalities. I don't think you do much of anything except scare off the awesome women out there by going on and on about the ones who aren't awesome.
That doesn't mean I look for places to victimize women, I just don't believe it's fair to make generalizations such as the one about women acting like everything's OK when it's really not (and that's a particularly harsh example, because all humans do that).
I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them, if you've even made it this far. In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community, where I spend most of my time and where I'm pretty known for being helpful around the community. A lot of people in my segment of the community are depressed or going through hard times, and I spend a lot of time giving advice and support to people there. Yesterday someone quoted a case of me doing this in a post asking everyone what their favorite motivational/inspirational quote was, and that comment was second to the top, so I guess other people agreed (though, granted, it was a pretty low-traffic post, only about a dozen competing comments).
And, uh, I'm a pretty good moderator.
All that, and I think your behavior in this thread was totally assholish. So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me?
01/18/2016 11:55 am
Slenderpy
Mud_PuppySo uh, who wants to do some grown-up RP? I've read some of these threads and it's atrocious haha. There are others that are gems though. Some of the people are a bit cringey, I looked back on the previous comments and whoever that Slenderpy person is thinks they're the best thing that's happened to a surprisingly large thread, 1211 pages.

Anywho, I don't really care about the pretentious stuff going on and the drama going, I just wanna roleplay, so lets start a thread or something, you know? Oh, also Deth Glitch, I read about that question about the skype RPG thing. I know you don't know me and I'm being nose-y but I'd be happy to play(?).

the mod made me delete this
01/14/2016 4:11 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Hellwolve
Hello everyone! I enjoy RP'ing and so far, I haven't done much RP through Minecraft. However, I gave in to my love for writing Fantasy fiction and I've started writing bits and pieces about my Kingdom of Albion. Though it's not really RP'ing as such, would it be okay to share it in here?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome