[Data] All top20 Skin Finalists All-time, Per-person placement history, and some rankings based on them

Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere10/13/19 3:27 pm
19 emeralds 441 10
10/18/2019 3:18 pm
Nah's Avatar Nah
I'd been working on a personal research project and compiled this data up for myself, but I've since become a bit busy and can't finish it for some time. This dataset would be going to waste unless it was visible, so here it is.

It's a Google Spreadsheet ~ (there are 3 tabs)

This is the top 20 finalists from every skin contest, sorted by 3 categories (first tab) - top 3 (red), top 10 (yellow), and top 20 (green). Note that the formatting is ("Name of finalist" --> Numbered Ranking in that Contest) column-wise. Gaps in months are, obviously, gaps in contests. Props to DinowCookie, from what I know of the community in recent times, for jumpstarting a pretty consistent string over the past year.

Tab 2 "Per-person Placement Ranking" graphs (sorta) each person's (who has had a top 20 appearance) history in contests and their ranks. It's sorted from most recent placement (left) to oldest placement (right). Sorry for the messiness, I'm not particularly good with GSheets. This sheet also does some algorithmic stuff (really basic, I'm not smart lol) and gives points per contest placement - 1st place gets 19 points, 2nd gets 18, 3rd gets 17, etc.
These scores are then tallied up at the end under "Total Points" and then given a rank, shown right next to it. You can search through these yourself for a specific person, but note that GSheets seems to skip-count when there's a tie, and that has some nice domino effect on the rest of the rankings, so assume that even if you're, say, rank 40, that actually means you have at least 45-50 people in front of you due to ties.

Tab 3 takes the top 20 of contest points (with ties) and the top 20 of contest entries. You can see a screenshot of that below v

For those who don't have time, here's the most generally interesting stuff -

I'll try and keep this updated as well as I can. Took me about half a day to get this all typed up and to learn how to use GSheet's stuff.

Wanna give a shoutout to Wildflowers for being remarkably consistent with their 2nd places and a little unlucky lol, keep it up.

Would love to see what you guys think about this data or any cool or weird oddities you notice, so feel free to leave some comments. If you have a really cool idea for some more data stuff like this feel free to mention as well, Minecraft skinning is honestly quite interesting to me as a statistical study.
Knightsundere
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg