How do you get diamonds?

EmeraldGalaxxy's Avatar EmeraldGalaxxy9/8/19 4:07 pm
2 emeralds 263 9
9/8/2019 9:37 pm
anonpmc2649631's Avatar anonpmc2649631
It seems that what matters on a skin is how many diamonds it gets. Diamonds are what determine finalists in contests, skins that "do well" or are "popular", etc. I have trouble getting any diamonds most of the time, even if a lot of people download my skin. If they download it they probably like it so why don't they ever diamond? One of my skins has 50+ downloads, not a lot compared to some skinners but it's a lot of downloads for me. However, it has 2 diamonds or something and the 2nd diamond is because someone nice went and diamonded all of my skins so it doesn't really count as a diamond (though I am thankful to them). On the other hand I see skins on "popular" that have 10+ diamonds and no downloads... how? Why do some skins get huge amounts of diamonds but no one downloads them? I don't understand the whole thing and all of its reasons. Of course a lot of the skins that get a lot of diamonds ARE good but some of them aren't even super good and still everyone diamonds them. I don't know why.
EmeraldGalaxxy
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/08/2019 8:26 pmhistory
Level 43 : Master Wolf
Hardcrafter
I personally like to give diamonds to skins that I find look cute and/or awesome. I use my own skins, so downloading them doesn't make sense for me, as such I give a diamond & favourite them. I also give diamonds to resource packs that I've used or simply like the aesthetic of.
09/08/2019 8:06 pm
Level 81 : Elite Sweetheart
Michiru
I think the main reason to this is that the majority of people giving diamonds are other skinners, who are willing to endorse their fellows' work rather than downloading it. It's a king of "networking"
People who are on PMC only to get a new skin generally only download, sometimes favorite, but rarely endorse.
Also note that the more suscribers you have, the more diamonds you will get, and a good way to get people's support is to have a distinctive style, that can be a specific palette, shading, usw. You can also demonstrate your skinning skills by entering official and unofficial contests, vary your public, or jump on the bandwagon.
Finally, don't look for diamonds, simply enjoy making your skins instead, success will come then ;)
09/08/2019 6:29 pm
EmeraldGalaxxy
So..... people go and diamond every skin that someone they are subscribed to makes? I diamond skins that I like. If someone I am subscribed to makes a "meh" skin I don't diamond it. Either I have different taste in skins than most people or they just diamond skins from famous people?
09/08/2019 9:37 pm
Level 21 : Expert Sailor
anonpmc2649631
[deleted]
09/08/2019 5:24 pm
Level 21 : Expert Sailor
anonpmc2649631
[deleted]
09/08/2019 4:25 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
Recat013
People are like that. They'll look at your submissions, download them, comment on them, but never (or rarely) leave diamonds. I think the best way to go about getting Diamonds is probably being reputable, friendly, active, etc. Also, a little "diamond requesting" never hurts! I'm not an expert or anything of course, I think I have less than 5 total diamonds myself!
09/08/2019 5:10 pm
EmeraldGalaxxy
What would explain the skins that get many diamonds but no downloads?
09/08/2019 7:24 pm
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
Because people like the skin, but already have one that they like more to use.
09/08/2019 5:10 pm
EmeraldGalaxxy
It makes so sense.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome